2020-2021 Postdoc Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
-Site name: VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
-Track (if applicable): Neuropsychology
-Invite or rejection: Invite
-Date notified: 1/15
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Email
-Interview date: 1/22 or 1/29 via Skype

Members don't see this ad.

-Site Name: Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division
-Track (if applicable): Crisis Response
-Date notified: 1/15
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): personalized email
- Interview dates: In-person preferred, asks for personal availability between 01/31 and 02/07. Video conference offered.

Members don't see this ad :)
White river junction VAMC
PCMHI/behavioral health
Invitation
1/15
Personal email
Dates offered: last week of January and first week of February

Reactions: 1 user
VA Maryland
PTSD in Postdeployment
Invite
Personal Email
01/31 and 02/03, phone available if needed

I'm assuming that some sites are mid-internship interview craziness and that is the reason for some of the delay in outreach. However, this wait to hear anything either way is seriously brutal.

• Love
I'm assuming that some sites are mid-internship interview craziness and that is the reason for some of the delay in outreach. However, this wait to hear anything either way is seriously brutal.
Totally agree!! So painful!

Has anyone heard from the Brown University Clinical Psychology Training Program? Deadline was 1/3...

Has anyone heard from the Brown University Clinical Psychology Training Program? Deadline was 1/3...

Not yet. I know another applicant and she hasn’t heard either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
-Site Name: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
-Track (if applicable): Solid Organ Transplant
-Invite or rejection: Rejection
-Date notified: 1/16
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): personal email, but in response to an email I sent inquiring about whether we should expect to hear either way; they had already offered interviews
- Interview dates: N/A

Ive also been wondering. I sent an email today to inquire on the status of applications and when decisions may be finalized. I haven’t heard back yet but will post here if I do

Reactions: 2 users
Not yet. I know another applicant and she hasn’t heard either.

Ive also been wondering. I sent an email today to inquire on the status of applications and when decisions may be finalized. I haven’t heard back yet but will post here if I do

As an FYI, Brown is in the midst of internship interview craziness, which might account for a bit of the delay :). I'd imagine other sites might be in a similar position!

Hang in there, fam! Y'all are all gonna land a great postdoc :)

Anyone find out how you can see how many applicants they interviewed? I can find that for internships but not post docs.

Anyone find out how you can see how many applicants they interviewed? I can find that for internships but not post docs.

I don’t think that information is available. Only the number of applications they received on the UPPD site.

Anyone here from Baltimore VA Neuro, Seattle VA Neuro, Memphis VA Neuro or the 2 Mount Sinai Neuro sites?

Wondering if anyone has heard from Louis Stokes Cleveland VA neuro, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center neuro, or Indiana University neuro? I was hoping to hear back from a bunch of sites this week, but that unfortunately has not been the case :eek:

Brown/Alpert
Health psychology
Invitation
1/17
Personal email
End of January and early February

Reactions: 1 users
-Site Name: University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
-Track (if applicable): Adult Neuropsychology
-Date notified: 1/17/20
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): mass email
- Interview dates: @ INS

-Site Name: Judge Baker Children's Center/Harvard Medical School
-Track (if applicable): Clinical/Evidence-Based Youth psychotherapy
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): personalized email
- Interview dates: 2/4/20, 2/7/20. Asked to rank dates and pick by 01/20 at 5:00 pm.

-Site Name: Maryland VA
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): personal email
- Interview dates: telephone interview (to be scheduled next week) and in-person interview @ INS

If my cohort and I have to go through another weekend waiting for news on these postdocs... we may lose our collective minds. :drowning:

Reactions: 4 users
So what is the proper etiquette when you've got INS interviews scheduled back to back? The good news I ended up with 8, but needless to say I've got a pretty hectic February 4th ahead of me. Do I just let interviewers know during the last 10-15 minutes that I need to wrap up around 5 minutes early to head to another interview? I don't want to risk accidentally sending the wrong message or offending anyone.

So what is the proper etiquette when you've got INS interviews scheduled back to back? The good news I ended up with 8, but needless to say I've got a pretty hectic February 4th ahead of me. Do I just let interviewers know during the last 10-15 minutes that I need to wrap up around 5 minutes early to head to another interview? I don't want to risk accidentally sending the wrong message or offending anyone.

I went through the process last year and I was worried about this too, but it didn’t end up being much of an issue. They know that you have a busy schedule, and chances are they have back to back interviews too! Plus all the interviews should be around the same area. I think when it feels like you have 10-15 minutes left you could just mention you’re keeping an eye on the time because you have another interview. It may wrap up naturally around that time anyway.

Hey all,

Has anyone heard from...

1. University of Colorado
  2. Institute of living/Hartford Hospital
  3. University of New Mexico Hospital
  4. Philadelphia VA
  5. Advent Health Medical Group
  6. Memphis VA
All for neuro

Hoping to get 1 or 2 more interviews from these places lol. Also from peoples experience should I just assume I've been rejected from places I havent heard from but people have gotten interview invites from.

Hey all,

Has anyone heard from...

4. Philadelphia VA
  6. Memphis VA
All for neuro

Hoping to get 1 or 2 more interviews from these places lol. Also from peoples experience should I just assume I've been rejected from places I havent heard from but people have gotten interview invites from.

Still waiting on Institute of living, Memphis, and Philadelphia VA. Also based on past notification dates institute of living usually extends interviews towards the end of the January... Hope that helps!

-Site Name: WRIISC-DC
-Date notified: 1/16/20
- Interview dates: 1/28/20 or 2/4/20, on-site interviews only

Still waiting on Institute of living, Memphis, and Philadelphia VA. Also based on past notification dates institute of living usually extends interviews towards the end of the January... Hope that helps!

Thank you, it does!

Has anyone heard from University of Colorado School of Medicine or Medical College of Wisconsin?

-Site Name: MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
-Date notified: 1/18/20
- Interview dates: 2/4 thru 2/7 at INS

Has anyone heard from University of Colorado School of Medicine or Medical College of Wisconsin?
Nothing from Colorado as far as I know. Someone in this thread mentioned hearing from medical college of wisconsin but I haven't heard anything one way or another

Nothing from Colorado as far as I know. Someone in this thread mentioned hearing from medical college of wisconsin but I haven't heard anything one way or another

I’m still waiting for University of Colorado as well.

Anyone hear from University of Iowa yet?

Hey all,

Has anyone heard from...

4. Philadelphia VA
  6. Memphis VA
All for neuro

I heard from Colorado late Friday afternoon. Interviews were offered for February 4th at INS. Still nothing from Advent Health.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Site: University of Colorado
Track: Neuropsychology
Invite or Rejection: Invite
Method: Email. Seemed personal, but my name wasn’t on it so it could have been mass. ‍♀️
Dates: 2/4 at INS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
FORENSIC people:

Have you heard from...
-UMass, Forensic Fellowship
-UVA Forensic Fellowship
-Bridgewater State Hospital
-Springfield Hospital Center
-Behavioral Health and Justice Related Services Division (PA)
-Ohio Forum
-Eastern State Hospital

Site: Memphis VA
Track: Neuropsychology
Invite or Rejection: Invite
Method: looks like a group email
Dates: INS

FORENSIC people:

Have you heard from...
-UMass, Forensic Fellowship
-UVA Forensic Fellowship
-Bridgewater State Hospital
-Springfield Hospital Center
-Behavioral Health and Justice Related Services Division (PA)
-Ohio Forum
-Eastern State Hospital

I have not heard from either UMASS or Bridgewater. I expect to hear from Bridgewater soon, as they indicated they would notify mid-January.

Hey all,

What are yall thoughts on reaching out to sites people have heard from but that I havent heard anything from one way or another? I'm assuming it's a rejection but a small part of me is hoping they are doing rolling invites.... is that even a thing?!? Lol.

Site name: The Hospital for Sick Children
-Track (if applicable): Pediatric Neuropsychology
-Date notified: 1/20
-Interview date: 2/5-2/8 at INS

Hey all,

What are yall thoughts on reaching out to sites people have heard from but that I havent heard anything from one way or another? I'm assuming it's a rejection but a small part of me is hoping they are doing rolling invites.... is that even a thing?!? Lol.

Last year for some internship sites rolling invites were totally a thing! And I think it's late enough into January that reaching out to sites is fair game. I say go for it!