2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interviewed 1/25 waitlisted!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
2/1 interview. Waitlisted. OOS. This is my top school and the other school also waitlisted me.. Gosh what would I do now? T____T

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
It’s interesting to me that they are extending interviews through April and are WL so many people....

anyone know if people are generally hearing back in 4 weeks, or have most been the full 6 weeks?

FYI for anyone still hopeful on an II... I emailed the admissions office. They stated that they have filled all interview spaces through April and are unlikely to extend anymore IIs. This applies to Harlem too.

FYI for anyone still hopeful on an II... I emailed the admissions office. They stated that they have filled all interview spaces through April and are unlikely to extend anymore IIs. This applies to Harlem too.
Did you ask how full the class is

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an A off the waitlist! Interviewed back in late October and was waitlisted in Dec. First acceptance! I am in shock 🙏🏻

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got an A off the waitlist! Interviewed back in late October and was waitlisted in Dec. First acceptance! I am in shock 🙏🏻
Many congratulations!!!!! So so happy for you! Did you ever send any letters to the school post-interview?

Many congratulations!!!!! So so happy for you! Did you ever send any letters to the school post-interview?
Thank you! I sent an update/Letter of Interest in February and also emailed Frank twice post-waitlist expressing my genuine interest in attending Touro!

Hi everyone! I have an interview with Touro this Monday and I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips? Thanks in advance!

Wondering if there are any current medical students in this chat? If not, feel free to drop the link for a more general Touro COM Middletown thread.

I was wondering how clinical rotations work? Are you able to opt for a different rotation (same specialty) in a different location if you can find one? I know schools offer elective rotations, how does one find an "elective rotation"? Are they provided? And if so, again, can you opt for a rotation (same specialty) elsewhere?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I have an interview with Touro this Monday and I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips? Thanks in advance!
sorry this is late. Just be yourself, its really just a conversation!

• Care
I think I completely bombed my interview.... I was thrown a total curveball and rambled on for the answer. Do they send post-interview Rs or is everyone waitlisted?

Hi all! If anyone needs a roommate, it appears the Touro Middletown SGA facebook has a google doc posted! It is called 2021-2022 Roommate/Housing Match! :)

Wondering if there are any current medical students in this chat? If not, feel free to drop the link for a more general Touro COM Middletown thread.

I was wondering how clinical rotations work? Are you able to opt for a different rotation (same specialty) in a different location if you can find one? I know schools offer elective rotations, how does one find an "elective rotation"? Are they provided? And if so, again, can you opt for a rotation (same specialty) elsewhere?
Current 2nd-year student here. For our rotation selection process we are given a list of core sites that we have to rank based on our personal preference. Some students choose based on location or what those hospitals are known for. Here's the site list: Rotation Site List (Not all of these are core.) After ranking these sites, we are put in a lottery system and a few days later we are assigned a site. This core site will have all the core rotations you must complete but we are also given a vacation month and an elective month. This elective can be done at the hospital or possibly another one. I believe there's also a VSLO system but some electives wont require you to go through this system. I've also heard bad experiences about this (students applying and spending money on the application but the program wasn't accepting students). So it's also suggested that you contact the site.

This also goes for fourth year, however traditionally you aren't bound to any one site and many students travel around the country on "audition rotations" to show interest in being a resident there. I haven't gotten there yet so this is all I know.

*For third year it's stated that you can find an external site outside of the lottery but the site has to agree to sign an affiliation agreement and the site has to agree to take you for all of your core rotations. Third year is also pass/fail with an honors option to show your dedication to that specialty. (Good for Residency Applications)

Current 2nd-year student here. For our rotation selection process we are given a list of core sites that we have to rank based on our personal preference. Some students choose based on location or what those hospitals are known for. Here's the site list: Rotation Site List (Not all of these are core.) After ranking these sites, we are put in a lottery system and a few days later we are assigned a site. This core site will have all the core rotations you must complete but we are also given a vacation month and an elective month. This elective can be done at the hospital or possibly another one. I believe there's also a VSLO system but some electives wont require you to go through this system. I've also heard bad experiences about this (students applying and spending money on the application but the program wasn't accepting students). So it's also suggested that you contact the site.

This also goes for fourth year, however traditionally you aren't bound to any one site and many students travel around the country on "audition rotations" to show interest in being a resident there. I haven't gotten there yet so this is all I know.

*For third year it's stated that you can find an external site outside of the lottery but the site has to agree to sign an affiliation agreement and the site has to agree to take you for all of your core rotations. Third year is also pass/fail with an honors option to show your dedication to that specialty. (Good for Residency Applications)
Are Middletown students allowed to do rotations at sites deemed as a "Harlem" rotation?

Thanks so much for your reply! So the 1 site that does all the core rotations, does that apply to just 3rd year, or both 3rd and 4th year? How would one find an external site that allows you to do all rotations there? Would that cost extra money?
For the audition sites, how does one apply to those elective sites?
P.S I am interested primarily in neurology (but not 100% decided yet)

Waitlisted today. Bummed thought my interview went well. Holding out hope for movement off !

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Are Middletown students allowed to do rotations at sites deemed as a "Harlem" rotation?
Middletown currently shares two sites with Harlem. Nyack Hospital and Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center. After everyone is assigned their sites, there is a swap system that allows switching between students at the same/different campuses. If you were looking to rotate at a long island site, Harlem is where you want to be.
Thanks so much for your reply! So the 1 site that does all the core rotations, does that apply to just 3rd year, or both 3rd and 4th year? How would one find an external site that allows you to do all rotations there? Would that cost extra money?
For the audition sites, how does one apply to those elective sites?
P.S I am interested primarily in neurology (but not 100% decided yet)
No problem! Core rotations are OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, EM, FM, IM, and General Surgery. It's up to you as to where you want do an elective/which field, but it's up to you to find a site willing to take you. It's probably easier to do it at your site. However, if there's something rare, you would probably have to contact that hospital's undergraduate medical education department and set that up. I haven't gone through the process yet, but I can update you as I get more information. Some sites may require you to pay a fee to apply/take the elective, but I haven't gone much further than that. And nice, neurology had 4 matches this year: Kaiser Permanente, University of Massachusetts, Westchester Medical Ctr, and Zucker SOM Northwell NS/LU.

C
Middletown currently shares two sites with Harlem. Nyack Hospital and Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center. After everyone is assigned their sites, there is a swap system that allows switching between students at the same/different campuses. If you were looking to rotate at a long island site, Harlem is where you want to be.

No problem! Core rotations are OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, EM, FM, IM, and General Surgery. It's up to you as to where you want do an elective/which field, but it's up to you to find a site willing to take you. It's probably easier to do it at your site. However, if there's something rare, you would probably have to contact that hospital's undergraduate medical education department and set that up. I haven't gone through the process yet, but I can update you as I get more information. Some sites may require you to pay a fee to apply/take the elective, but I haven't gone much further than that. And nice, neurology had 4 matches this year: Kaiser Permanente, University of Massachusetts, Westchester Medical Ctr, and Zucker SOM Northwell NS/LU.

if accepted to One campus, could you transfer to the other?

Wondering this myself
Anybody know how Touro did in this years match?
I was literally searching this last night. Couldn’t find a thing
We received preliminary match results but they include programs in Anesthesiology, Diagnostic Radiology, EM, IM, General Surgery (Naval and Regular), Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopaedic Surgery, Osteo NMM, Pediatrics, PMNR, Psychiatry, Urology, and a few TY matches. 95-96% match rate at Touro vs 89.1 avg DO match rate for this year. Our remainder of students will probably end up SOAPing into programs and we will reach 99% as usual.

Does anyone know about how many masters students from the MS program matriculate at TouroCOM on average? Also when do they find out if they are accepted?

Does anyone know about how many masters students from the MS program matriculate at TouroCOM on average? Also when do they find out if they are accepted?
Francis Rose told me about 35 students.
Class size is 135. 100 from applicant pool, 35 from the masters program

Finally got off the waitlist and secure that A!! Also congrats to all the acceptance. And if you are still on the waitlist, do not get panic. I sent out my LOI just last week!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
anyone
Finally got off the waitlist and secure that A!! Also congrats to all the acceptance. And if you are still on the waitlist, do not get panic. I sent out my LOI just last week!
who did you send your LOI too

Congrats!! How long were you on the waitlist?