2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, for anyone who has interviewed, can anybody please tell me how long the interview is in total? I know that the interview itself is 90 minutes, but are there any pre-interview and post-interview sessions that needs to be attended? Or is it just 90 minutes boom and you are out?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, for anyone who has interviewed, can anybody please tell me how long the interview is in total? I know that the interview itself is 90 minutes, but are there any pre-interview and post-interview sessions that needs to be attended? Or is it just 90 minutes boom and you are out?

Here’s the schedule they send ya the day before the interview, good luck! Not sure if the post-interview sessions are mandatory or not

Attachments

• 9C07BBC1-E7E1-4103-9CE8-792900FA7AC9.jpeg
    9C07BBC1-E7E1-4103-9CE8-792900FA7AC9.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: 1 user
Good luck on your interview, do let us know what they say about the class size tomorrow.
They did not mention how many seats are left, however, they said that the class is "decently full". I do not think it is full yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
They did not mention how many seats are left, however, they said that the class is "decently full". I do not think it is full yet.
Thank you! Hope your interview went well, best of luck.

I interviewed on 02/22/2022. I haven’t heard back yet, has anyone from that group heard anything?

When I interviewed they said the class was “mostly full” and highlighted that there are a few seats still available in the class.

Last edited:
I interviewed on 02/22/2022. I haven’t heard back yet, has anyone from that group heard anything?
Based on their committee meetings, my guess is that you will hear back either tomorrow or Monday.

Recently dropped my seat. Best of luck everyone!

I have an interview next week, is it true that the interview takes up the full 90 minutes?! How does it work, do you get interviewed separately by three different faculty members or do they ask questions all at the same time?

I have an interview next week, is it true that the interview takes up the full 90 minutes?! How does it work, do you get interviewed separately by three different faculty members or do they ask questions all at the same time?
The entire day takes a few hours. You get interviewed by 3 faculty members separately. Each one is a 30 minute one-on-one interview. They’ll send out a sheet showing who your interviewers are. DM me if you have any more questions :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All! Congrats to everyone who got A's! I honestly wrote VCOM off bc I submitted my secondary so late, but I just got an II today - Wondering if there are still seats open for VA campus, what to expect, and why some of you are choosing VCOM? Would love any input here!

Hi All! Congrats to everyone who got A's! I honestly wrote VCOM off bc I submitted my secondary so late, but I just got an II today - Wondering if there are still seats open for VA campus, what to expect, and why some of you are choosing VCOM? Would love any input here!
I think there are still some seats open, but I haven’t interviewed since January so I’m not sure. I loved the atmosphere of my interview. All of the professors were so nice, and the students afterwards were as well. I love that they do systems-based learning, I love the emphasis they put on OMM and holistic healing, the area is great, I like that their anatomy lab isn’t in a dark basement, and I also like that they’re a little bit cheaper than all of the other schools I applied to! Their exams are also weekly and written similar to boards, so I’ve been told that prepares you really well.

I think there are still some seats open, but I haven’t interviewed since January so I’m not sure. I loved the atmosphere of my interview. All of the professors were so nice, and the students afterwards were as well. I love that they do systems-based learning, I love the emphasis they put on OMM and holistic healing, the area is great, I like that their anatomy lab isn’t in a dark basement, and I also like that they’re a little bit cheaper than all of the other schools I applied to! Their exams are also weekly and written similar to boards, so I’ve been told that prepares you really well.
Congrats on the A and thank you for this! Did you get a chance tour the facilities/go to an accepted students day at some point?

Congrats on the A and thank you for this! Did you get a chance tour the facilities/go to an accepted students day at some point?
I’m from the northeast, so it isn’t super easy for me to get there unfortunately. I have had a virtual tour and I’ll be headed there on april 2nd for accepted students day!

I got an II just now! Was complete in late August. Dates listed are for tomorrow (lol no), 3/23, and 3/28.

Is it a safe assumption that we are interviewing for waitlist spots now? I'm debating taking this II since I believe VCOM requires a DO LOR - correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have a DO letter of rec and probably won't be able to get one in the coming months if I even get an offer.

I got an II just now! Was complete in late August. Dates listed are for tomorrow (lol no), 3/23, and 3/28.

Is it a safe assumption that we are interviewing for waitlist spots now? I'm debating taking this II since I believe VCOM requires a DO LOR - correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have a DO letter of rec and probably won't be able to get one in the coming months if I even get an offer.
They have waived the DO LOR, so it is not required for admission!

Interview Invite this morning! I am so surprised because it is so late in the cycle.. I am stoked but also know that the class could be full at this point. Does anyone know if there are seats open and/or there is a lot of waitlist movement at this school? Thanks in advance!

Interview Invite this morning! I am so surprised because it is so late in the cycle.. I am stoked but also know that the class could be full at this point. Does anyone know if there are seats open and/or there is a lot of waitlist movement at this school? Thanks in advance!
In my interview last week, they said that the Virginia campus is full right now I believe.

Ugh :/ Thanks for the info though! Good luck!
Don't let that discourage you! I interviewed last week and they did say they can hand out more A's if they choose... Admissions was pretty transparent that they are looking to fill the WL, but if you blow them away an A is possible! They also said they work through about half the WL every year and they can tell you (roughly) where you stand, which not the norm (see MSUCOM). Additionally, the Top 10 WL candidates will be notified as there is a high likelihood you will get a call at some point. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Don't let that discourage you! I interviewed last week and they did say they can hand out more A's if they choose... Admissions was pretty transparent that they are looking to fill the WL, but if you blow them away an A is possible! They also said they work through about half the WL every year and they can tell you (roughly) where you stand, which not the norm (see MSUCOM). Additionally, the Top 10 WL candidates will be notified as there is a high likelihood you will get a call at some point. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Oh wow! That is so encouraging.. thank you and good luck to you as well!

Was just placed on the waitlist. Interviewed 03/15.

In their email they wrote that they are extremely interested in my application. Is that a standard email for waitlistees or does that mean something? Because I remember that they said they would notify us if we are really high up on the waitlist

I heard students talking about how they might go back to mandatory lectures in the fall, has anyone else heard anything about this?

I heard students talking about how they might go back to mandatory lectures in the fall, has anyone else heard anything about this?
On the Zoom call last night they were talking about lectures and I got no indication that this is their plan. They seem to like the asynchronous learning opportunities

On the Zoom call last night they were talking about lectures and I got no indication that this is their plan. They seem to like the asynchronous learning opportunities

I got the same feeling from that call.

I think every VCOM, like other schools, is realizing that it’s cheaper and easier to appease a certain flexibility that be restrictive to the core.

Current student here - there has been no indication that we are returning to mandatory lectures. There are certain lectures that are mandatory because they bring in doctors to teach, but the majority of the lectures are asynchronous (and as far as I know, staying that way).

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get an email in regards to a masters program at VCOM Virginia? Are they promoting the program or is it their rejection letter.

Anyone else that was waitlisted get invited on a tour by Lisa?

Yes, I did yesterday evening. I have been on the waitlist since 2/11. Interesting she said the email was to 'some' waitlist students when last cycle based on the forum it seemed to be sent out more broadly (and in mid-May). Are you IS or OOS?

Hello everyone! I would like to know if anyone has any information on their masters program. I would really like to talk to someone that knows about it or has completed it. Thank you!!

Yes, I did yesterday evening. I have been on the waitlist since 2/11. Interesting she said the email was to 'some' waitlist students when last cycle based on the forum it seemed to be sent out more broadly (and in mid-May). Are you IS or OOS?
OOS

I am working on the secondary for this school for next cycle. I see that when you fill out the secondary, you can select which campuses you are to be considered for.

Does each have different essays? I am wondering how I can write my essays if there are 4 different campuses all with different opportunities.

I just got an II! I suspect I’m just interviewing for the waitlist but I feel validated nonetheless lol

I just got an II! I suspect I’m just interviewing for the waitlist but I feel validated nonetheless lol
I wouldn't say that! I interviewed 3/28, and they told us their class was filled and was looking to fill their waitlist positions. Fast forward to earlier this week and my first contact with them post-interview I got the call that I was accepted 🙂

Congrats! I’m praying for a II as well. I know it’s late in the cycle but I’m sure spots will open up!
They said the last day to interview is 4/22 so before then I’m sure you have a chance!!

Also interviewed 3/28 and was accepted on Monday! There is still hope!! Good luck everyone :)

Last year it seemed like they sent out email notifications when folks were in the top 10 of the waitlist. Anyone received something similar this year?

Last year it seemed like they sent out email notifications when folks were in the top 10 of the waitlist. Anyone received something similar this year?
I emailed Lisa last week and she said they have not ranked the waitlist yet, as they are still interviewing and apparently handing out some A's (CONGRATS @vera12 !!!!!) - You can ask what portion of the WL you fall under (High, Med, Low). Hope this helps!!!

Reactions: 1 users
II today (4/18) for 4/20. Apparently, last interview date is 4/22!

so I got involved with one of these tours and I can tell you that if you got that invite, and go on the tour, they are considering you for an opening.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users