2021-2022 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I see that RVU CO is getting acceptance calls. Has anyone who interviewed at RVU UT gotten anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp...I got no call and interviewed in early December haha.
I just got the call like 5 minutes ago so they're still making them! Accepted after an early December interview

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Are there any 3rd/4th year students who would be willing to answer some questions?

I was recently admitted to RVUCOM-SU!

Is there a group for accepted students? Groupme/Facebook?

Hey team, happy you're all applying to join us here! I'm one of the 2nd year ambassadors and I'll be one of your pre-doctoral anatomy fellows next year. I'm so excited to meet all of you and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. As far as rotations go, we had our lottery just after the Thanksgiving break. I believe we had about 85% of students getting one of their first 3 choices. When you enter the lottery you rank all of the Utah sites. That included Southern Utah, Utah Valley, Capitol, Weber, Cache Valley, Price, Vernal, Blackfoot ID, Evanston WY, Show Low AZ this year. You can get more information about this at accepted student days.
Housing on campus is adequate, a lot of people live there. I personally live off-campus with my partner and our daughter. On-campus housing is pretty good if you're single, the two-bedroom options are designed for two single students to share, although married students often live in those units and do just fine.
Feel free to respond to me here or PM me if you have any other questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if curriculum would be remote/online learning this year? Thanks!

For those who have inteviewed already. About how long does the process take? I remember seeing somewhere that it would be about 2 hours, but I can't seem to find it again. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. Is RVU-SU still accepting for spots? I saw that CO’s list may be full…

Anyone that has already been accepted. How did you go about doing the drug screen and immunization titers? I'm a bit lost on where to start and I have called student check a few times. Thanks!

Anyone that has already been accepted. How did you go about doing the drug screen and immunization titers? I'm a bit lost on where to start and I have called student check a few times. Thanks!
once you set everything up with student check and you pay for the drug test, theyll give you a location to get your drug test. As for the immunization titers, I sent my PCP the paper work so they know what labs to order. feel free to PM me!

Has anyone heard back recently? I interviewed 1/11/22 and havent heard back yet

Accepted today. Secondary application submitted 11/15/2021. Interview invite 01/07/2022. Interviewed 01/11/2022.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II! Any advice for the interview, or anything specific about the Utah campus that current students like?

ust got an II! Any advice for the interview, or anything specific about the Utah campus that current students like?
The interview was very comfortable and the interviewers were welcoming. Just be yourself!

Does anyone have concerns about their most recent match list? I love the school but I definitely do worry a little given how they did this past year

Withdrew my acceptance here. Great school and I got lucky enough to tour the facilities last time I was in St George just didn't think it was the right fit for me.

Good gracious. I Google the location of their Utah campus and they are in the sticks. What airport do you use to fly home? If there is ever a zombie outbreak, you are safe at this location as you can head for them hills.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Good gacious. I Google the location of their Utah campus and they are in the sticks. What airport do you use to fly home? If there is ever a zombie outbreak, you are safe at this location as you can head for them hills.
Haha I believe there is a small regional airport, but I would likely plan on the 2h drive to Vegas if you want to fly cheaply

Hey everyone! For those of you who are accepted/wanting to attend: what made you decide on RVU?

For those who withdrew, what was the most prominent reason for withdrawing?

Just curious!

Hey everyone! For those of you who are accepted/wanting to attend: what made you decide on RVU?

For those who withdrew, what was the most prominent reason for withdrawing?

Just curious!
I withdrew from here recently. They have a beautiful campus, albeit very small, and incredibly friendly professors. Primarily, I was concerned about their most recent match list and their clinical sites. I've seen a handful of their students get less-than-stellar training during their rotations, particularly when compared to the U where their students are intubating and putting in central lines etc. Almost seemed like glorified shadowing in a way. I was very tempted to attend given the desirability of the location but all this plus getting into an MD school led me to withdraw.

Reactions: 2 users
I have heard multiple sources state that the Colorado campus is not accredited anymore, is this the case for Utah?

I have heard multiple sources state that the Colorado campus is not accredited anymore, is this the case for Utah?
This would be big news. As far as I understand it, the Colorado and Utah campuses are accredited together as the same school. According to their site, they have full accreditation as an osteopathic medical school Accreditations - Rocky Vista University. It does mention that their PA program is under probation, which seems concerning but I would not think it directly affects to DO program. Please, anyone feel free to correct me if you have other information.

where did you hear this from?
Turns out it was a huge rumor floating around reddit... Apparently this was for the PA program in CO, thank god its not for the DO program.

Turns out it was a huge rumor floating around reddit... Apparently this was for the PA program in CO, thank god its not for the DO program.
I guess the PA program's classes weren't hard enough for the national exams or something like that, so they essentially just needed to make the curriculum more difficult. Doesn't mean much

Has anyone who interviewed in February heard back yet ? Interviewed 2/8 and still have not received anything

Has anyone who interviewed in February heard back yet ? Interviewed 2/8 and still have not received anything
I just got an email literally minutes ago and I interviewed 2/10! They said I was accepted but they have more accepted student deposits at this point of the cycle than usual, so I am on an "Accepted Pending Space" (APS) status.

RVU match is 98.2%. Any word on how that broke down by specialty?

Im filling out FAFSA right now and I was hoping if anyone can confirm that the utah campus is eligible for federal loans? I tried to select RVUCOM-SU on my fafsa but ended up only finding the colorado campus.

Thanks in advance!

Withdrew my acceptance today. I hope it goes to one of you lovely people!