2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the A too

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A email right around 5 pm cst. Would like to join the GroupMe as well

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 1/22
A yesterday!! What a fast turn around

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

I have my interview on Thursday (Feb 1) any tips? From what it looks like from previous posts it seems pretty low key but just wanting to be as prepared as possible! Thnx!

Withdrawing my A hopefully it goes to one of you wonderful future physicians, goodluck !

Hi all,

I have my interview on Thursday (Feb 1) any tips? From what it looks like from previous posts it seems pretty low key but just wanting to be as prepared as possible! Thnx!
I would say just be yourself! It was super conversational, and I prepped with the SDN questions and did mock interviews with co-workers and family which was helpful. It goes by pretty quick as well!

Primary submitted on 1/29. Secondary invite received today 1/31.

For the interview, was there any time limit for answering each question? What are your thoughts on the ideal time for answering each question: 1-2 minutes or 2-3 minutes?

No time limit other than the 30 minutes total to talk. This interview was super conversational so I didn’t have a structured time set for each question. We talked back and forth about my experiences and the interviewers talked about how they could relate to my responses and so forth. I think just practice bringing up your personal experiences with the RVUCOM SDN interview questions and you will be set. The time flew by for me and my interview / deans overview really made my head turn to this school lol so different than my other interview experiences in a good way!

Members don't see this ad :)
For the interview, was there any time limit for answering each question? What are your thoughts on the ideal time for answering each question: 1-2 minutes or 2-3 minutes?
I second what kpremed18 said! Super conversational, and my questions actually ended up not really being a whole lot about my personal experience, they were pretty standard questions overall. I had one that was specific to my experience, and the rest were pretty much what I had seen on SDN! It was a super positive experience!

So this is a dumb question...but once your AACOMAS application has been verified, MCOM technically receives the application, and then they screen it for the minimum requirements. So they contact you if you meet the requirements, but if they decide not to pursue it further, will they send you an email that rejects your application? Im just so nervous!

My application was verified yesterday, and I still haven't heard anything about whether it was received by them. Thanks for any input.

So this is a dumb question...but once your AACOMAS application has been verified, MCOM technically receives the application, and then they screen it for the minimum requirements. So they contact you if you meet the requirements, but if they decide not to pursue it further, will they send you an email that rejects your application? Im just so nervous!

My application was verified yesterday, and I still haven't heard anything about whether it was received by them. Thanks for any input.
It took a few days (2-3) for me to receive the email from RVU MCOM once my primary app was verified, so I wouldn't panic yet. Also make sure to check your spam inbox.

lol MCOM has given me nothing by silence since august of my application submission

MMS student here.
It’s a great program. Very challenging because it’s very similar to medical school itself. Our exams have less questions but we are seeing the same content the DOs are minus OCS. It’s a very good deal too since you get into the program if you keep that GPA up.
It’s a lot of information thrown at you but I think you’ll get out of the program with a lot of skills and knowledge that will help you have a great first year, definitely not as intense as a typical first year of med school. Let me know if you have more questions.
As far as matriculating into the DO program after completion of the MMS with a 3.4 or better, do you think that is is doable or is it one of those things that's kinda crazy. I heard that for the Touro masters only 30% of masters students are able to maintain a 3.4 and matriculate into the DO program which is a lot slimmer than I thought. Thanks for your answer and feel free to direct message me if you'd rather!

Got the A call this morning! First for the cycle I can't believe this!

P.S OOS, small ties to MN Non-trad, and lower stats but lots of research and service.

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call today! I was in the middle of clinic so it was short. Did anyone get the email yet?

Got the call today! I was in the middle of clinic so it was short. Did anyone get the email yet?
Jamie said it would come tomorrow (I think) during my call. It was a bit of a blur.

Did anyone feel like they had a less than perfect interview (not because of the interviewers or the atmosphere of the interview, because I really don't think they could have been any kinder to me) and still got an acceptance?

To give you a vague idea of what happened to me, I froze for a solid 30 seconds right as I started introducing myself (first question). Then I felt like I introduced myself wrong compared to what they were expecting. And I was just so worried the rest of the interview but kept it together and answered the rest of the questions well. I am just worried my freezing ruined my chances. Can anyone give me any hope? I really love this school and the staff, I am so worried that I somehow blew it.

Last edited:
Did anyone feel like they had a less than perfect interview (not because of the interviewers or the atmosphere of the interview, because I really don't think they could have been any kinder to me) and still got an acceptance?

To give you a vague idea of what happened to me, I froze for a solid 30 seconds right as I started introducing myself (first question). Then I felt like I introduced myself wrong compared to what they were expecting. And I was just so worried the rest of the interview but kept it together and answered the rest of the questions well. I am just worried my freezing ruined my chances. Can anyone give me any hope? I really love this school and the staff, I am so worried that I somehow blew it.

I think you will get it! With the fast turnaround from submitting your primary to interview invite, they obviously like your application! I didn’t answer one of the interview questions how I wanted to, was overthinking it as well, and got the A. Make sure to send thank yous to the interviewers and if you for sure want MCOM I would send a letter of intent before the adcom meets to discuss your app!

I think you will get it! With the fast turnaround from submitting your primary to interview invite, they obviously like your application! I didn’t answer one of the interview questions how I wanted to, was overthinking it as well, and got the A. Make sure to send thank yous to the interviewers and if you for sure want MCOM I would send a letter of intent before the adcom meets to discuss your app!
I sent my thank yous that evening (for me, afternoon for them)! I hope I am just over thinking it, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. i really love this school and an acceptance would be lovely.

Per Jaime's last email the adcom committee is meeting on 3/6 and should let us know by 3/8. I'll probably send a LOI within the week.

So far, I think all 7 of us will be able to matriculate. It is not as hard as it seems to maintain that GPA as long as you don't slack off. It is just like medical school, the difference is that passing with a 70% is not good enough - you need a B+ or better. The school really wants you to succeed and get a spot.
Thanks so much for your replies! They told me there is no interview for the MMS program application, so I am assuming they just send an acceptance or rejection letter once they get the application. How did that work for you? Sorry for all the questions!

Yes! This was my first interview, which may have contributed to this, but I was really ruminating on a couple of my answers during the days between the interview and the acceptance call. Like you said, the interviewers were so kind - it was my own nerves that made me answer some questions less fluently than when I'd been practicing. I felt that my interviewers were cognizant of the fact that medical school interviews are stressful/high pressure, and tried to help me ease into it so that they could actually get to know me. By the end, I felt quite comfortable, and thought that the interview overall went well. But I felt exactly the same way as you during the waiting period - I kept focusing on my answers in the beginning of the interview, and how I could have been smoother/more articulate/etc. The waiting game is very nerve-wracking; I know this is easier said than done, but try to be gentle on yourself. Fingers are crossed for you :giggle:

Last edited:
  • Care
Acceptance email today. Interviewed mid February.

Just got put on APS. Not sure if I should take this as an A or not but either way super pumped!

Any GroupMe's or Discords I can join?

Last edited:
Just got put on APS. Not sure if I should take this as an A or not but either way super pumped!

Any GroupMe's or Discords I can join?
I also got put on APS - are there any students from last year that were on APS but got a spot in the class who might be able to share some insight?

Also, I'd love to join the groupme - would someone mind adding me / dm'ing me? Thank you!

Do we have to do the Dean's presentation prior to the interview date? there were 2 dates for the interview before the Dean's presentation.

Yes I believe Dean Presentation has to be prior to the interview date
You do not have to do the dean's presentation prior to the interview date, you just have to attend one of the sessions. I did mine after my interview. But check the instructions that they sent you cause that might have changed.

Does anyone know the minimum technology requirements as far as laptop specifications go? Does it need to be a Windows or can we get away with Apple products? Thank you!

Does anyone know the minimum technology requirements as far as laptop specifications go? Does it need to be a Windows or can we get away with Apple products? Thank you!
This got posted in the accepted students group chat earlier today!

In case anyone else was unsure of the school’s technology requirements, I contacted their IT dept and this is what they said. Hope this helps!

RVU MCOM isn't platform-specific, meaning you can choose either Windows or Apple. If you are looking for some recommendations we highly recommend Microsoft's Surface lineup if you are looking at going with Windows. Specifically their surface laptops for their built-in keyboards. If you are going with Apple we recommend sticking with their Macbook Pro lineup. In terms of hardware specs, you will want to pay attention to the following.

Processor: Intell 13th gen or higher, AMD Ryzen 7 or higher, Apple M2 or higher

RAM: 8GB or higher but recommend 16GB

Storage: SSD or NVMe storage of at least 256GB or higher.