DO Match List Thread 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if his anonymity was compromised so he had to reboot. Not that he has ever said anything controversial here. That said, he’s the best of the best out here. I’m still crossing my fingers we meet at a surgery conference or something.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Gosh yeah if only there were a relatively new account in the same part of training in the same specialty, with the same stats, location preference, and writing style. But alas, I could only find one of those.

Oh well... at least he's the successful version of failedatlife.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Gosh yeah if only there were a relatively new account in the same part of training in the same specialty, with the same stats, location preference, and writing style. But alas, I could only find one of those. Oh well... at least he's the successful version of failedatlife.

That guy still takes the cake for most quotable on SDN

All I've ever wanted in life was that blonde haired, blue eyed sorority girl. All she has ever wanted has been Chad the 6'2 dude with a 260 and top tier Ortho residency.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone the match list from UIWSOM?

This is all we got so far:

UIWSOM complete match list. I put some of the more important ones I figured people would want to know about, let me know if anyone wants more info.

Vascular surgery- 1
- University of South Florida

Anesthesiology- 5
- Texas A&M - Scott&White, UTHSC- Houston

IM- 28
- For university- UTHSC Tyler, Wright State, UTMB- Galveston, Zucker school of medicine

OBGYN- 6
- Nuvance Health, Oklahoma State, Wellspan Health New York, HCA Houston, Texas Tech (Odessa), Texas Tech (Lubbock)

Peds- 13
- Some university programs- University of Illinois, UTMB- Galveston, Baylor College of Medicone (Houston), UT- Dell, University of Nevada, UT- Houston

PM&R- 2
- Montefiore Medical Center, UTHSC- San Antonio

Diagnostic Rads- 2
- Madigan Army, Rochester General

Gen surgery- 4
- UPMC Pinnacle, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Harris Methodist

EM- 5
Psych- 11
FM- 35
Path- 2
Neurodevelopmental disabilitie— 1
TY- 4
Prelim med- 2
Prelim surgery- 4

MUCOM

1618963179563.png

Reactions: 4 users
Nice list! Is that IM at University of Chicago or UChicago Northshore?
Most likely Northshore, unless they mislabeled one of the other Chicago programs. Definitely isn't University of Chicago though.

Reactions: 1 users
RVU-UT had an 80% match pre-SOAP (March 15th)
RVU-CO had an 85% match pre-SOAP (March 15th)

Last edited:
  • Hmm
  • Wow
RVU-UT had an 80% match pre-SOAP (March 15th)
RVU-CO had an 85% match pre-SOAP (March 15th)

That’s just not acceptable imo. Yes they have great matches, but 20% at one campus and 15% at the other screams dysfunction/bad advising

Reactions: 7 users
4th years at RVU are saying that ~45 students had to SOAP, with at least 30 of those being UT. They are welcome to prove me wrong, but I expect a deafening silence followed by vague posts that gloss over the pre-SOAP match rate.
80% match pre SOAP at UT, 85% at CO. 93% after SOAP. 45 split almost evenly between the two campuses would get those percentages. Not 30 in UT alone. If I had to put one thing on the school to blame it would be inadequate counseling of what students were competitive for, and even while still competitive, to have a backup plan. Many of the students that went unmatched are stellar students, just put all their eggs into a competitive specialty

That’s just not acceptable imo. Yes they have great matches, but 20% at one campus and 15% at the other screams dysfunction/bad advising
I agree. Not having upper classman hurt too I think. Many students who went unmatched went all in in a tough specialty without a backup

Members don't see this ad :)
This looks bad, but many DO schools pre-soap match rates are going to be in the 80%. Keep in mind match rate for DOs nationwide was 89%. ARCOM also had 87% pre-soap match rate for its inaugural class, and 99% post-soap.

This looks bad, but many DO schools pre-soap match rates are going to be in the 80%. Keep in mind match rate for DOs nationwide was 89%. ARCOM also had 87% pre-soap match rate for its inaugural class, and 99% post-soap.

No that’s bad. Can make excuses if you’d like, but that’s not good when you’re dropping 200-300k on an education

Reactions: 3 users
Nah the pre soap DO match rate was 90.7%!?

80% match pre SOAP at UT, 85% at CO. 93% after SOAP. 45 split almost evenly between the two campuses would get those percentages. Not 30 in UT alone. If I had to put one thing on the school to blame it would be inadequate counseling of what students were competitive for, and even while still competitive, to have a backup plan. Many of the students that went unmatched are stellar students, just put all their eggs into a competitive specialty
So 7% of RVU students are just not going to residency? That’s even worse than the match rate if you ask me.

Reactions: 7 users
No that’s bad. Can make excuses if you’d like, but that’s not good when you’re dropping 200-300k on an education
I agree if we're talking general outcome for DOs. I was just pointing out that this outcome was not unique to RVU.

So 7% of RVU students are just not going to residency? That’s even worse than the match rate if you ask me.
The original reason I posted was to dispel the 1/3 didn't match rumor, although it was still not great. I'm hearing that's its now more than 93% as some students are getting interviews/invites in scramble. Would still suck beyond belief to have to go through all that though. Overall, it seems the match should end up at an acceptable level but this was definitely the worst year for RVU in a very long time.

That was what I noticed. 93% PLACEMENT rate is absolutely terrible.

The original reason I posted was to dispel the 1/3 didn't match rumor, although it was still not great. I'm hearing that's its now more than 93% as some students are getting interviews/invites in scramble. Would still suck beyond belief to have to go through all that though. Overall, it seems the match should end up at an acceptable level but this was definitely the worst year for RVU in a very long time.
Quit using match and placement interchangeably. They are not the same.

Reactions: 6 users
RVUCOM COA is ~96,000, so most students will easily well over 300k in debt, getting closer to 400k

• Wow
WVSOM has 1 ortho and 1 DR at Cleveland clinic. 3 GS,1 anesthesia at UPMC. IM at Brown.

COMP-NW has been awfully quiet as well.
says 105 students placed, and typically they have that many students graduate each year. Just don't know all the locations yet. "Of those students, 44 matched into primary care. Eighteen COMP-Northwest students matched into residencies in Oregon and Washington." So 42% matched into primary, I'm really curious to see the nonprimary locations though.

They only show ~55 locations on their fb page so I guess we have to wait till commencement or when they update their website

What happened to AnatomyGrey12. Did he get banned? It's always weird when an SDN account get's randomly taken out.

TUNCOM - 98.5% placement

Specialty/ Domain/ Field# Students matched/ placedState(s)Representative Institutions/ Programs
Anesthesia10CA, FL, NC, NY, OH, TXAir Force – San Antonio,
East Florida GME Consortium
Kaweah Delta Health Care District
U Texas Med Branch-Galveston
OhioHealth-Doctors Hosp
Kendall Regional Med Ctr
SUNY Upstate Med University
U North Carolina Hospitals
SUNY HSC Brooklyn
Child Neurology 1AZPhoenix Children’s Hospital
Emergency Medicine11AZ, CA, NV, NY, TXBrooklin Hospital
Desert Regional Medical Center
Univ of Arizona Tucson
Univ of Nevada Las Vegas
Univ Texas Southwestern
Univ. Rochester, NY
Sunrise Health GME Consortium
Neurology4AZ, CA, CO
University of Southern California
Mayo Clinic School of Grad Med Educ
HealthONE
Pathology2CAUC David Med Ctr
Loma Linda University
Physical Medicine & Rehab6CA, MI, NC, NV, NY
Beaumont Health
UC Irvine Med Center
Family Medicine23AZ, CA, DE, NV, NY, OH, WA
Presby Intercommunity Hosp
Kettering Health Network
Valley Health System
Kaiser Permanente-Orange Co
Valley Hosp Med Ctr
UC San Francisco-Fresno
Riverside University Health Sys
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
Christiana Care
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
Abrazo Health Network
UHS So California Med Ed Consortium
Arrowhead Reg Med Ctr
ISMMS Mount Sinai South Nassau
Emanate Health
Central WA Family Med
OhioHealth-Doctors Hosp
Ohio State University Med Ctr
Internal Medicine26CA, FL
IL, MI, OR, NV
WA

U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
Legacy Emanuel/Good Samaritan
St Josephs Med Ctr
LewisGale Med Ctr
Riverside Community Hospital
HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani GME-St Pete
UC San Francisco-Fresno
Valley Hosp Med Ctr
Spectrum Health Lakeland
HealthONE
U Illinois COM-Chicago
OB/GYN 1NVSunrise Health GME Consortium
Orthopaedics 2CA, MIAscension Macomb-Oakland Hospital
Riverside University Health System
Pediatrics12HI, NV, CA, VA, NM, OR, LA,
Tripler Army Medical Center
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
Loma Linda University
Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion SOM
U Southern California
U New Mexico SOM
Oregon Health & Science Univ
Our Lady of the Lake Reg Med Ctr
UC Irvine Med Ctr
Psychiatry15CA ,NJ
NV, NY
TX, UT WA, VA
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
U Washington Affiliate Hosps
LewisGale Med Ctr
Rowan University SOM
Air Force – San Antonio
Stony Brook Teach Hosps
University of Utah Health
Radiology 2OH, NVSunrise Health GME Consortium
Kettering Health Network
Surgery 3CO, NV, TXValley Health System
HCA Medical City Healthcare
HealthONE
Surgery prelim 2NVValley Health System
Urology 1PAMainline Health System
Transitional (incl. military)11FL, ND
NJ, NV, OH, VA
U North Dakota SOM
Ocean Med Ctr
Kendall Regional Med Ctr
Kettering Health Network

Reactions: 2 users
What happened to AnatomyGrey12. Did he get banned? It's always weird when an SDN account get's randomly taken out.
He did not get banned from the site. He did nothing but contributed to this site, especially if you are a DO trying to match a competitive field. His anonymity was compromised so he went incognito. He is till on this board.

He did not get banned from the site. He did nothing but contributed to this site, especially if you are a DO trying to match a competitive field. His anonymity was compromised so he went incognito. He is till on this board.
As a DO student and aspiring gen surgeon, he helped me a ton (along with a bunch of others on here), whether his advice was directed at me or someone else.

I hope he is well.

Reactions: 5 users
TUNCOM - 98.5% placement

Specialty/ Domain/ Field# Students matched/ placedState(s)Representative Institutions/ Programs
Anesthesia10CA, FL, NC, NY, OH, TXAir Force – San Antonio,
East Florida GME Consortium
Kaweah Delta Health Care District
U Texas Med Branch-Galveston
OhioHealth-Doctors Hosp
Kendall Regional Med Ctr
SUNY HSC Brooklyn
Child Neurology1AZPhoenix Children’s Hospital
Emergency Medicine11AZ, CA, NV, NY, TXBrooklin Hospital
Desert Regional Medical Center
Univ of Arizona Tucson
Univ of Nevada Las Vegas
Univ Texas Southwestern
Univ. Rochester, NY
Neurology4AZ, CA, CO
University of Southern California
Mayo Clinic School of Grad Med Educ
HealthONE
Pathology2CAUC David Med Ctr
Loma Linda University
Physical Medicine & Rehab6CA, MI, NC, NV, NY
Beaumont Health
UC Irvine Med Center
Family Medicine23AZ, CA, DE, NV, NY, OH, WA
Presby Intercommunity Hosp
Kettering Health Network
Valley Health System
Kaiser Permanente-Orange Co
Valley Hosp Med Ctr
UC San Francisco-Fresno
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
Christiana Care
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
Abrazo Health Network
UHS So California Med Ed Consortium
Arrowhead Reg Med Ctr
Emanate Health
Central WA Family Med
OhioHealth-Doctors Hosp
Ohio State University Med Ctr
Internal Medicine26CA, FL
IL, MI, OR, NV
WA

U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
St Josephs Med Ctr
LewisGale Med Ctr
Riverside Community Hospital
UC San Francisco-Fresno
Valley Hosp Med Ctr
Spectrum Health Lakeland
HealthONE
U Illinois COM-Chicago
OB/GYN1NVSunrise Health GME Consortium
Orthopaedics2CA, MIAscension Macomb-Oakland Hospital
Riverside University Health System
Pediatrics12HI, NV, CA, VA, NM, OR, LA,Tripler Army Medical Center
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
Loma Linda University
Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion SOM
U Southern California
U New Mexico SOM
Oregon Health & Science Univ
Our Lady of the Lake Reg Med Ctr
UC Irvine Med Ctr
Psychiatry15CA ,NJ
NV, NY
TX, UT WA, VA
U Nevada Las Vegas SOM
U Washington Affiliate Hosps
LewisGale Med Ctr
Rowan University SOM
Air Force – San Antonio
Stony Brook Teach Hosps
University of Utah Health
Radiology2OH, NVSunrise Health GME Consortium
Kettering Health Network
Surgery3CO, NV, TXValley Health System
HCA Medical City Healthcare
HealthONE
Surgery prelim2NVValley Health System
Urology1PAMainline Health System
Transitional (incl. military)11FL, ND
NJ, NV, OH, VA
U North Dakota SOM
Ocean Med Ctr
Kendall Regional Med Ctr
Kettering Health Network
The # of students matched is incorrect for the the programs listed. The # of students matched in anesthesiology is "10", but there are only "9" anesthesiology programs listed. Listed "7" Emergency programs and show "11" matched.

The # of students matched is incorrect for the the programs listed. The # of students matched in anesthesiology is "10", but there are only "9" anesthesiology programs listed. Listed "7" Emergency programs and show "11" matched.
Multiple students matched at the same program?

Reactions: 2 users
That's why I was initially surprised by his disapperance! Glad he's just incognito and otherwise fine.

Multiple students matched at the same program?
Then programs should be all listed. Like, they listed "Riverside University Health Systems" 3 times in Family Medicine.
# of students matched are wrong in Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Neurology, PM&R, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Transitional (incl. military).

Then programs should be all listed. Like, they listed "Riverside University Health Systems" 3 times in Family Medicine.
# of students matched are wrong in Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Neurology, PM&R, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Transitional (incl. military).
multiple people matched at the same places
I can give you the dean's email if you want to argue over his chart formatting lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
multiple people matched at the same places
I can give you the dean's email if you want to argue over his chart formatting lol
Apart from not listing (# matched at site) I thought this was the best formatting for a match list I've seen.

Mind.Blown. Why have both? Do they have the same clerkship sites?

I guess you can't apply to both as an applicant, huh :lol:
You definitely can. They are completely different entities that aren’t related to each other

Yeah they have both MD and DO just like NSU
Just realized how coincidental it is that both MSU and NSU have MD and DO programs. Next in line OSU :cool:

Edit: Funny thing is I could actually see OSU as an MD program.

• Haha