2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
in an email sent out by the admissions committee, it says that "Do you have a friend in this year’s application cycle? Please let me know if you think I should check out their application!". Is this something only that VCOM does or is it a thing for all medical schools?
My friend got the same thing!
I got this email from them haha

Feel free to say that I am your friend😅i would love an ii from here hahaha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm losing hope... i think my application is going to remain on screening forever:(:rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 10/13... should I be concerned that I haven't heard back about II yet?

Has anyone heard of waitlist movement yet from here? Anxiously awaiting

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone still waiting on an II? when do they interview until? I am getting worried that it is now march and closer to the end of the cycle.

is anyone still waiting on an II? when do they interview until? I am getting worried that it is now march and closer to the end of the cycle.
I got the II on 2/27, and when I went in to schedule mine, in-person interviews were open for MARCH 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 9th, maybe one or more the following week, and there was ONE virtual one on the 22nd, I believe. I didn't see anything for April but maybe they haven't updated the schedule for that month yet?

Anyone losing hope because they are still being "screened" for the last 4months?

Reactions: 2 users
Stupid question here.... does the $1500 deposit commit me to attend here? Logically, you're reserving a seat, but it doesn't clearly say anywhere until when. Am I 100% accepting the seat right now?

Stupid question here.... does the $1500 deposit commit me to attend here? Logically, you're reserving a seat, but it doesn't clearly say anywhere until when. Am I 100% accepting the seat right now?
No, you can still choose to matriculate elsewhere. The deposit just holds your seat here. The part where you commit to a school is different.

No, you can still choose to matriculate elsewhere. The deposit just holds your seat here. The part where you commit to a school is different.
Okay, that makes more sense. Thank you so much for the reply!

i was accepted back in nov and i got both emails, dw about it ! <3

On another note, if anyone has any questions for me feel free to PM me if they're more personalized or send a message in the chat if you think everyone could benefit.

Does VCOM (any campus) have mandatory attendance?
Yes it's currently 70% attendance required, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to go back to 80% required next year. I'm not sure if it'll happen or not, but they tried to do that this year.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 1.29.23 PM.png

This is just evil...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
This school has completely ghosted me… I get absolutely nothing

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone experiencing that their communication section of the portal doesn't work? I tried to email them and they don't reply anymore and the portal doesn't seem to work...

I never got a complete email from this school. Last interaction was 10/30 and I emailed to see if they were reviewing apps and they said it was in the process of being completed... Kinda disappointed by the number of schools that completely ghosted me without so much as a courtesy email that they were reviewing my application or that my application status was complete after the secondary was submitted

On another note, if anyone has any questions for me feel free to PM me if they're more personalized or send a message in the chat if you think everyone could benefit.
Hi. What do you think about VCOM-Virginia Spring Open House? Their recent email stated that this would be a good opportunity to show continued interest and to get application feedback. I live about 6 hrs away. Is this worth it?

Hi. What do you think about VCOM-Virginia Spring Open House? Their recent email stated that this would be a good opportunity to show continued interest and to get application feedback. I live about 6 hrs away. Is this worth it?
That's a hard question to answer.. I know that admin really appreciates when people come to campus because it shows interest, and getting feedback on your application would be helpful. However, you are very far away and I would say try to figure out if the pros outweigh the cons for you. Is this school your first choice? Is it the only school that you could potentially get into this cycle? If one or both of these things are true then maybe you come. If you've gotten in elsewhere and you aren't dying to come here over one of the other programs then maybe not...

Would anyone be willing to speak about their interview experience? Especially those who interviewed for Carolinas

Anyone hear back from March interviews? I’m getting so nervous ><

Are there any current students from the Carolina campus I could speak to?

Mine has said "Your application is at screening." for a while. Not sure if that just means I'm waiting on a rejection letter or not.