2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does VCOM reject at end of cycle ? Heard nothing yet

i interviewed end of september and got a call 10/26. just withdrew my acceptance, wishing you luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know how far they are booking out with interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today 12:25!! Passing on it hoping someone here gets it!! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else STILL on screen review? I submitted my secondary July 14th and have been on screen review since then.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II received earlier today. However, I will be turning it down. Best of luck to you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
II a couple mins ago but also will be turning down. There are some virtual dates but they are transitioning to in person interviews. Hope it goes to one of you guys:))

is the cycle over? I have been at screening since being complete mid oct!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed- 1/18 Accepted- 2/1
(Submitted 9/26, Complete 10/17, II 11/30)

PS you stay in the applicant pool until the cycle is over. If you are rejected, you won't get an official R email until May(ish). If you haven't reached out to the school, you might want to check in with the campus you are looking into. Even if you get the standard "we are still reviewing applications..." you at least have a chance someone will pull your app instead of letting it sit in the pool until May. Not sure how many seats/interviews are left (if any) at this point, but trying something is better than waiting in agony.

i received a secondary pretty late into the cycle, like at the end of january. how long did it take y'all to have your application screened and marked as complete on the portal?

Has anyone interviewed in person so far? If so, do they provide a folder or any papers during the day? I'm trying to decide if I should bring a padfolio or something.

Has anyone interviewed in person so far? If so, do they provide a folder or any papers during the day? I'm trying to decide if I should bring a padfolio or something.
I interviewed in-person. They give you a folder with some school info in it, but I brought a notepad and portfolio

Interviewed 1/31, wondering if I'll hear back this coming week. Fingers crossed so hard

Interviewed in person on 2/2, WL email received today

in an email sent out by the admissions committee, it says that "Do you have a friend in this year’s application cycle? Please let me know if you think I should check out their application!". Is this something only that VCOM does or is it a thing for all medical schools?

in an email sent out by the admissions committee, it says that "Do you have a friend in this year’s application cycle? Please let me know if you think I should check out their application!". Is this something only that VCOM does or is it a thing for all medical schools?

Are you memeing or did they really say this??

I never got this lol

My friend got the same thing!

I got this email from them haha

Yes but is the idea of referring a friend a normal thing for all med schools or VCOM specific? Judging from responses its probably the latter?