2022-2023 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got in off the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Those who got the call Wednesday, did you also get the email last week or so about booking an advising session?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also wondering if you guys were able to see your waitlist status in CYMS prior to getting accepted? I know some of us have it and some of us don't - not sure if it means anything
I could see my status prior to acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
giphy.gif

Reposting for emphasis

Reactions: 6 users
I could see my status prior to acceptance.
Would you mind sharing how long they gave you to make a decision on whether you’d be accepting? Just wondering when the next possible wave of acceptances might be (if there is another wave)

Would you mind sharing how long they gave you to make a decision on whether you’d be accepting? Just wondering when the next possible wave of acceptances might be (if there is another wave)
I’m not sure we know yet because I havent received an acceptance email yet and its been a few days but when they called he said it would say when we had to tell them by in the email.

it doesn’t seem like there has been much waitlist movement yet according to the thread and FB group

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year's matriculation stats were 180. There is hope they have spots to fill. Hopefully calls start up again, soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Safe to assume whatever waitlist movement there was is probably over by now?

Safe to assume whatever waitlist movement there was is probably over by now?
It seems like there hasn’t really been any or just a few. The email did say in mid-May. I wonder if they have to review waitlist applicants. The FB group only has 157 people which has not really changed since before and someone said the class size last year was 180.

May 15th is last day to get the hefty deposit of 485 back, so maybe movement then?

Withdrew my A today (OOS). Good luck everyone!

Hopefully some movement this week since it is mid-May like the email said, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I just checked my AMCAS choose your medical tool and it I went from “alternate list” to “accepted”. We will see if I get a call this evening.

Reactions: 5 users
Is it safe to assume that no one got a call this week about getting accepted from the waitlist?

I think one person did, because the FB page increased by 1 person. May have been non-WL though.

It went up 3 this week it was 155 the other day, but some of those could just be people that were accepted awhile ago too

Reactions: 1 users
How long does it take to receive the accepted student form? I got in last week and still haven’t got the form.

Reactions: 1 user
do you guys think waitlist movement is pretty much over?
unfortunately yeah, it doesn't seem like there has been any movement and based on previous threads there is not movement at this point. Also there has been no change in the facebook group

I heard the average was waitlist movement for MUSC was 30. Idk maybe it was just a low number year

The waitlist is still moving
A!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I’m guessing the WL stopped moving since there is now 176 members in the FB group