2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any housing recommendations for Corvallis area?
Most of the folks I knew were renting particularly the cascades, the lodges, and whatever the ones on the other side of the school in the other direction are called. Some did the drive north-south bound - stayed in Albany.

Not familiar with the Corvallis area, it's been a very long time, but that city has been growing much faster than Lebanon. Fun fact, a bit while back, ever since they started the international program at OSU, rent went up across the board in the entire city at least $200 from baseline (hopefully it has gotten a bit more affordable).

The biggest problem is highway 34 which runs between Corvallis and Lebanon is full of speed traps. Got pulled over during 3rd year rotations because we had to drive back to campus for our CPE exams - and got a ticket for barely prairie dogging over the speed limit. There's also the infamous bridge into Corvallis, goes from like 45+ to 25 just before the bridge - a popular trap spot.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Most of the folks I knew were renting particularly the cascades, the lodges, and whatever the ones on the other side of the school in the other direction are called. Some did the drive north-south bound - stayed in Albany.

Not familiar with the Corvallis area, it's been a very long time, but that city has been growing much faster than Lebanon. Fun fact, a bit while back, ever since they started the international program at OSU, rent went up across the board in the entire city at least $200 from baseline (hopefully it has gotten a bit more affordable).

The biggest problem is highway 34 which runs between Corvallis and Lebanon is full of speed traps and you can get pulled over for just prairie dogging over the speed limit. I got pulled over during 3rd year rotations because we had to drive back to campus for our CPE exams - and got a ticket on 34. Hopefully you guys don't have to do those anymore.
Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
What did the email say? When did you get it?
I got it about 30 min ago. It seems to be addressed to those who were waitlisted. Here’s the email:

Good morning,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am reaching out because we are starting to see movement in the class. However, I have had a difficult time trying to reach some candidates, so I thought I would send an email to the next applicants that can expect to receive a call.
If you are still interested in a seat at COMP Northwest below is the information that you will need to know.
1. You will have approximated 2 days to accept the offer and pay the nonrefundable $2,000 deposit. The deposit will post to your fall term account as an offset to your fall term tuition.
2. If you accept the offer, you will need to complete a background check and have a physical as soon as your deposit is paid. I will provide you the information on the background check. There seems to be a long wait to get into a primary care physician for a physical. You may need to consider an alternative such as an Urgent Care clinic to be able to complete the physical on time.

3. Welcome Week begins July 31st with the White Coat ceremony on Aug 4th. Quiet week is Aug 7th – 12th. There are few if any required activities during Quiet week. However there are usually some social activities for the class to get to each other.
4. Classes start on Aug 14th.
If you have already obtained a seat at another school can you please let me know so I can withdraw your application.

If you are interested in attending COMP Northwest it is important that you respond to this email with the best time/method of communication. I can call or email depending on your preference at a time that is convenient for you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

I got it about 30 min ago. It seems to be addressed to those who were waitlisted. Here’s the email:

Good morning,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am reaching out because we are starting to see movement in the class. However, I have had a difficult time trying to reach some candidates, so I thought I would send an email to the next applicants that can expect to receive a call.
If you are still interested in a seat at COMP Northwest below is the information that you will need to know.
1. You will have approximated 2 days to accept the offer and pay the nonrefundable $2,000 deposit. The deposit will post to your fall term account as an offset to your fall term tuition.
2. If you accept the offer, you will need to complete a background check and have a physical as soon as your deposit is paid. I will provide you the information on the background check. There seems to be a long wait to get into a primary care physician for a physical. You may need to consider an alternative such as an Urgent Care clinic to be able to complete the physical on time.

3. Welcome Week begins July 31st with the White Coat ceremony on Aug 4th. Quiet week is Aug 7th – 12th. There are few if any required activities during Quiet week. However there are usually some social activities for the class to get to each other.
If you have already obtained a seat at another school can you please let me know so I can withdraw your application.

If you are interested in attending COMP Northwest it is important that you respond to this email with the best time/method of communication. I can call or email depending on your preference at a time that is convenient for you.

I did not get this email! But I am on the alternate list.

Good morning,

But it sounds like you're up next for a call! :xf:

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call! Was accepted off the waitlist.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I can confirm I was recently told by admissions to expect alternate list movement mid-June

I can confirm I was recently told by admissions to expect alternate list movement mid-June
Thanks for the info, that sounds hopeful :) I heard last week that we are just approaching a time when some alternates may receive offers so wasn't sure what to read into that lol

I got an email today asking if I was still interested in being on the alternate list.

I don’t understand how we are supposed to afford attending this school… even with the financial aid there isn’t much left over for cost of living in Oregon. Rent and gas are $$$$

Currently on the alternate list. I sent in a letter expressing my interest in the school a few months ago and i'm thinking of sending a short reminder of my continued interest no more than half a page. Is that recommended?

Any WL movement lately? And is there a Discord/GroupMe for accepted students? I was wondering to compare the number of people in those groups to the Facebook group 😅

Any WL movement lately? And is there a Discord/GroupMe for accepted students? I was wondering to compare the number of people in those groups to the Facebook group 😅
omg please do haha I'm hanging on to hope by threat I need to know there is still a chance. I am on 5 waitlists and I really thought "I for sure will have to make it off of at least one" Glad I haven't quit my job but I'm passing on summer vacation invites bc what if i get in somewhere and have to move my life within weeks. I am stressed.

omg please do haha I'm hanging on to hope by threat I need to know there is still a chance. I am on 5 waitlists and I really thought "I for sure will have to make it off of at least one" Glad I haven't quit my job but I'm passing on summer vacation invites bc what if i get in somewhere and have to move my life within weeks. I am stressed.
I am also on several waitlists and can relate so much. I just want to be able to plan my life already!

There isn’t a discord yet. Looks like 80 people have joined the FB so far ( not including the admins).

There isn’t a discord yet. Looks like 80 people have joined the FB so far ( not including the admins).
There are also the class connections page on facebook as well, you can connect with upper classmen for living situations, advice, and items. It gets really useful later on when you need to organize for rotations. Sublet inception.

Manifesting an acceptance from the AL this week 👏

Last year's class size was like 107 students so there's potentially like 25 seats left, maybe a few less to account for those who don't have FB. Why are they waiting so long to fill the class? They should let people know already :cryi:

Last year's class size was like 107 students so there's potentially like 25 seats left, maybe a few less to account for those who don't have FB. Why are they waiting so long to fill the class? They should let people know already :cryi:
I talked to Admissions today and was told that the class is currently full but they'll be offering seats to alternates if they become available. :-/

I talked to Admissions today and was told that the class is currently full but they'll be offering seats to alternates if they become available. :-/
Thanks for the info! Do you know if they went through all of the higher priority waitlist already?

Thanks for the info! Do you know if they went through all of the higher priority waitlist already?
Yeah, he said he believes that the Lebanon waitlist is exhausted and that the alternate is now in effect :) Hopefully that means good news for us soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, he said he believes that the Lebanon waitlist is exhausted and that the alternate is now in effect :) Hopefully that means good news for us soon!
That’s makes me feel a little hopeful. Good luck!🤞

Has anyone on the alternate list heard any news? Also, does anyone know when orientation is happening? I'm assuming orientation day is the last day to potentially receive an acceptance.

Has anyone on the alternate list heard any news? Also, does anyone know when orientation is happening? I'm assuming orientation day is the last day to potentially receive an acceptance.
Orientation starts July 31st.

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED OFF THE ALTERNATE LIST! Time to put my less than two weeks notice in and figure out a move from Arizona to Oregon in less than two weeks:rofl:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users