2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody have any recommendations for housing or to find housing? I don't have access to any type of portal system yet, and have just been looking on real-estate apps. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you still on the waitlist/alt list, are you allowed to provide updates to your application or withdraw your app? I'm unable to do either but remember being able to a while back, wondering if it's just me!

For those of you still on the waitlist/alt list, are you allowed to provide updates to your application or withdraw your app? I'm unable to do either but remember being able to a while back, wondering if it's just me!
im able to provide updates but not withdraw

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when the last date to be notified of an acceptance is? would it be before orientation or during?

does anyone know when the last date to be notified of an acceptance is? would it be before orientation or during?
judging from last years thread, ppl were still getting accepted from the AL or WL as late as mid July

Off the waitlist as of 5pm today. Will be attending.

• Love
Anyone planning to apply for FAFSA for student loan disbursement? I believe FAFSA is due end of June? :cryi::cryi:

Members don't see this ad :)
For real, I’m still waitlisted wondering whether I should start being concerned, or should I continue not thinking about it

Reactions: 4 users
I think they go through the entire waitlist, then they move to the alternate list
When I called and asked, they said waitlist gets higher priority, but they don't necessarily go through all waitlist before alternates. More like one pool if applicants with some having a leg up when a spot opens up.

Reactions: 1 users
When I called and asked, they said waitlist gets higher priority, but they don't necessarily go through all waitlist before alternates. More like one pool if applicants with some having a leg up when a spot opens up.
ahhh it's already so late in the cycle;; I guess I'll wait 1 more week...

• Care
I already got my second one two weeks ago, 3 weeks apart from my first continued interest email. Seems like not all of us receive the email at the same time and I’ll probably receive my third next week as well

I feel you friend. Personally my plan is to hold onto hope for a few more weeks and then panic plan my cross country move over the course of 3 weeks :)
I, too, will be moving cross country haha. Goal was to move a month early before school starts so I have about a month til I need to move but also need to start packing if I have to do so hahaha

anybody gotten off the alternate list at all? trying to figure out how much hope to continue to have LOL

anybody gotten off the alternate list at all? trying to figure out how much hope to continue to have LOL
I haven't seen any yet. if this year will be anything like the last though, most of the AL movement will happen in July.

Got accepted off the waitlist! It’s been a tough untraditional path back to medicine, I wish the rest of you the best of luck getting off the WL and AL soon! Interviewed 04/20, WL 05/09

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got accepted off the waitlist! It’s been a tough untraditional path back to medicine, I wish the rest of you the best of luck getting off the WL and AL soon! Interviewed 04/20, WL 05/09
Congratulations!!! Out of curiosity, how long do they give you to accept/decline their offer?

Congrats! What are your stats/LM, if you don’t mind me asking?

Got the A off waitlist on Tuesday, just declined. Hopefully it will help one of you on the alternate list. 3.75gpa, 514 mcat, ORM, interviewed on March.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I'm applying this cycle and would love to go to WesternU Pomona. My cgpa is 3.48, my mcat is 505 (126/126/127/126), and I'm a CA resident. What are my chances for COMP? Thank you!

For those that applied this past cycle, I have a question. So, I received a secondary a week ago, and they are asking me to submit it within 1 week for an early review. Even though I finished, I still need at least a day or two to make it better. Do ya'll think submitting a week later will hurt my chances for an II?

For those that applied this past cycle, I have a question. So, I received a secondary a week ago, and they are asking me to submit it within 1 week for an early review. Even though I finished, I still need at least a day or two to make it better. Do ya'll think submitting a week later will hurt my chances for an II?
I submitted mine 4 weeks later, still received an II. I think it’s just that your app will be behind all other apps that were sent earlier. But I think it’s crazy how they ask for 1 week considering they have one of the longest secondaries 💀

I submitted mine 4 weeks later, still received an II. I think it’s just that your app will be behind all other apps that were sent earlier. But I think it’s crazy how they ask for 1 week considering they have one of the longest secondaries 💀
Lol, I know, right. This one took me forever. I finished yesterday, so we will see. Congrats on your acceptances from the past cycle!

• Love
Just withdrew from the alternate list. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users