2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear back yet???

Members don't see this ad.

It’s the end of the day for some people already…anyone get any calls/changes in their app? They said to expect an update today during Jan interviews 😭

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s the end of the day for some people already…anyone get any calls/changes in their app? They said to expect an update today during Jan interviews 😭
I just checked my portal. It seems there’s an update that’s suppose to go out tomorrow!

I’m Waitlisted 😮‍💨

I just checked my portal. It seems there’s an update that’s suppose to go out tomorrow!

I’m Waitlisted 😮‍💨
+1 seems like the class is full atm

I was placed on the alternate list (which I understand is different from the waitlist). Either way, wishing us all the best

I was placed on the alternate list (which I understand is different from the waitlist). Either way, wishing us all the best
Same boat as you...would you mind explaining the difference? I've been reading through forums and am still a little confused on whether or not alternate is the same as WL since the letter says WL but the offer is "alternate"

Same boat as you...would you mind explaining the difference? I've been reading through forums and am still a little confused on whether or not alternate is the same as WL
Do you still have access to the interview day handbook they sent us? I think it explains it well/better than I can, but happy to explain it! I think the waitlist is pretty short and are the first to get pulled from when there's an acceptance, basically a "we really want you but the class is full so we can't take you right now" whereas the alternate list is basically like a normal waitlist where they pull from randomly when there is an opening

Same boat as you...would you mind explaining the difference? I've been reading through forums and am still a little confused on whether or not alternate is the same as WL since the letter says WL but the offer is "alternate"
is there a difference? my portal update says waitlisted but the form says alternate status

is there a difference? my portal update says waitlisted but the form says alternate status
If the update says “waitlist with a limited number of other highly qualified candidates” I believe that would be the waitlist as oppose to the alternate list? My portal also says “reply to offer of alternate status” which is confusing, but I think the letter is most accurate.

Last edited:
My portal update said "selected as an alternate" or something like that in the letter, and the form also says alternate, the term waitlist wasn't any in of my updates. If your letter says waitlist, I think that's the true waitlist status, which is a pretty good thing I think

Members don't see this ad :)
If the update says “waitlist with a limited number of other highly qualified candidates” I believe that would be the waitlist as opposite to the alternate list? My portal also says “reply to offer of alternate status” which is confusing, but I think the letter is most accurate.
ah okay okay, mine also says this. thank you for the clarification!

My portal update said "selected as an alternate" or something like that in the letter, and the form also says alternate, the term waitlist wasn't any in of my updates. If your letter says waitlist, I think that's the true waitlist status, which is a pretty good thing I think
thank you for the clarification!!

So confusing, I wonder why that is. Thank you for the explanation! Hope we all get off WL/alternate list!

thank you for the clarification!!
alternate basically is an acceptance but their class is full, for example if someone withdraw their seat, it goes to the first person in line on the alternate. Waitlist is when they will start looking back on your app and comparing to other individuals to pick out who they want to give A too. I might be wrong tho.

alternate basically is an acceptance but their class is full, for example if someone withdraw their seat, it goes to the first person in line on the alternate. Waitlist is when they will start looking back on your app and comparing to other individuals to pick out who they want to give A too. I might be wrong tho.
I believe it is the opposite Alternate Candidates | College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) and COMP-Northwest Seems like they encourage alternate candidates to keep updating them with experiences + LOI

Regardless, after snooping around at all their SDN forums seems like they have good movement on both lists

Reactions: 2 users
I believe it is the opposite Alternate Candidates | College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP) and COMP-Northwest Seems like they encourage alternate candidates to keep updating them with experiences + LOI

Regardless, after snooping around at all their SDN forums seems like they have good movement on both lists
Agreed, you have it right, also page 32 of the interview day handbook aligns with this :). Wishing us all the best nonetheless (and thank you for the snooping and letting us know what you found!)

• Care
Any movement? Anyone receiving interview invites?

I received interview invites twice in the last two years but in both times I was waitlisted. It’s so frustrating and I still haven’t hear anything back from them. How to keep yourself from going crazy?

Any movement? Anyone receiving interview invites?

I received interview invites twice in the last two years but in both times I was waitlisted. It’s so frustrating and I still haven’t hear anything back from them. How to keep yourself from going crazy?
Expecting a call today. Nothing yet🥲

Just got an email stating that I was placed on their alternate list. I interviewed 2/11

Got an update in my portal stating I'm on the waitlist because their class was already filled, and it made it seem like the class was filled prior to my interview (2/11/23).

Got an update in my portal stating I'm on the waitlist because their class was already filled, and it made it seem like the class was filled prior to my interview (2/11/23).
I interviewed early January and also got the impression that the class was full by the time decisions came out for my interview cohort

I didn’t realize they filled spots so fast. Do most schools do this?
I was surprised too, I was in the January interview cohort. I’ve been following their Pomona location who are still giving out acceptances, I’m guessing it may be because their class is smaller in comparison (107 vs 228)

I didn’t realize they filled spots so fast. Do most schools do this?
I'm under the impression that most schools don't do this. The other schools I've interviewed with, including those chronologically later than my interview with comp-nw, were explicit that we aren't interviewing for waitlist spots

I'm under the impression that most schools don't do this. The other schools I've interviewed with, including those chronologically later than my interview with comp-nw, were explicit that we aren't interviewing for waitlist spots
Why do you think they filled so fast? I wonder if it’s more competitive year than normal or if this is standard for them? I’m sure some movement will happen when OHSU starts taking people off hold if they applies to both schools.

honestly, i'm not sure! looking at last year's thread, it looks like it may just be standard practice for them unfortunately. i think you're right about the movement though!

this was from Feb 2nd last cycle:
"The notification says that they are unable to offer a place in the class because the applicants accepted prior to my interview date have confirmed their intent to attend the school and the class is currently filled."

for all those on waitlist, i interviewed last week and the moderator said there's a lot of movement on the waitlist, she even said "I always offer a seat to the waitlist" which I may have misunderstood but I took it to mean that everyone on WL may end up being Accepted IDK. She did say moving of alternate list isn't always likely.

Reactions: 1 users
Not a fan of passing out hope. It's been a minute, but I remember for my cohort someone received their acceptance late - in July - pretty last minute, just before the early anatomy program started.

Why do you think they filled so fast? I wonder if it’s more competitive year than normal or if this is standard for them? I’m sure some movement will happen when OHSU starts taking people off hold if they applies to both schools.
Overall, it has been getting more and more competitive.

Anyone have an idea when WL movement might happen?

Anyone know if they had a stream today for match day or released their match results yet? I know COMP had a livestream but couldn’t find anything for COMP-NW

Anyone know if they had a stream today for match day or released their match results yet? I know COMP had a livestream but couldn’t find anything for COMP-NW
Any detail you wish to know in particular or just the general fate of the cohort? There's a recording but I think it's only available to the class as of the moment.

Any detail you wish to know in particular or just the general fate of the cohort? There's a recording but I think it's only available to the class as of the moment.
I see. Just want to know where people matched into for particular specialities such as PM&R, Neuro, and Peds!

II - complete early February. OOS. I guess I'm interviewing for a waitlist spot?

I see. Just want to know where people matched into for particular specialities such as PM&R, Neuro, and Peds!
We (SGA) just sent out the form to the class earlier this week - i'll get back to you on that once we find out. 100% matched this year.

I know you're interested in locations but will have to leave out locations/names.
Wonderful. Thank you!

This is thus far for the unofficial on Lebanon side, there are a few folks that didn't respond to the survey (some I personally know, those are left out from the stats below). Probably more to trickle in, but there will be an official one eventually (I think).

***This is about half the class, that shared on the survey***

Anesthesia 3
Pedes 5
Pedes Neuro 1
FM 16
IM 9
EM 7
Gen Surg 2
OBGYN 3
PM&R 2
Psych 1
Rads 3

I know you're interested in locations but will have to leave out locations/names.

This is thus far for the unofficial on Lebanon side, there are a few folks that didn't respond to the survey (some I personally know, those are left out from the stats below). Probably more to trickle in, but there will be an official one eventually (I think).

Anesthesia 3
Pedes 5
Pedes Neuro 1
FM 16
IM 9
EM 7
Gen Surg 2
OBGYN 3
PM&R 2
Psych 1
Rads 3
Thank you very much!

Anesthesia 3
Pedes 5
Pedes Neuro 1
FM 16
IM 9
EM 7
Gen Surg 2
OBGYN 3
PM&R 2
Psych 1
Rads 3
Did anyone match derm this year?

Interviewed 1/7! Was on the waitlist!
Got the call yesterday! :)

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed this past weekend and there were like 40 people, and there’s still another interview day in 2 weeks. Is there like crazy waitlist movement or what? Why are they interviewing so many people still?

Has anyone been offered any financial aid yet? Or have any insights how generous they are in offering merit scholarships, financial aid, etc.?

Has anyone been offered any financial aid yet? Or have any insights how generous they are in offering merit scholarships, financial aid, etc.?
I haven’t heard anything yet, but reading their financial aid FAQ page online I don’t think they give much… they recommend looking for federal and other resources… even private sponsors.

I haven’t heard anything yet, but reading their financial aid FAQ page online I don’t think they give much… they recommend looking for federal and other resources… even private sponsors.
i'd second this. when i asked about fin aid, the answer was pretty much just ✨loans✨ but not much in the way of merit/need based. they also have that up to 1/2 tuition scholarship that you have to apply for, but i think the deadline just passed