You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022 NHSC Scholarship Application
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This exact same thing happened to me last week! If it is in order we may have to wait a bit longer but we'll be good!I had an error on my W-4 form too!! For some reason they told me I didn't include my name/address/SSN which I definitely did... had to resubmit 8/16 which really sucks 🙁
D
deleted1092426
I think that's only for when u request 1 year initially.So I requested 2 years of funding, but am considering applying for another year's worth. On their site, they say if you ask for a year of support you must serve two years so does that mean I'll have to do 4 years in total if I get the additional year?
If you wanna request additional 1 year, I think you'll have to reapply.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!I think that's only for when u request 1 year initially.
If you wanna request additional 1 year, I think you'll have to reapply.
They only do countersignatures on work days, correct? So we shouldn’t anticipate any new signatures Sat/Sun/holidays, and expect them to resume Tuesday?
i believe that’s correct. only business days.
After they give you the official notification, they give you a packet of info to give your school on how things work. They also give you more information in your portal and host a webinar to give you next steps/answer questions. There is nothing you need to do until then.For those who got countersignatures, whats our next step? is there something we're suppose to do after getting the email notif of contract being countersigned?
D
deleted1092426
once i get the NHSC SP countersignature (which pretty much confirms i got the scholarship), should i contact my fin aid office and ask if it's still possible to apply for both in-school and out-school scholarship options? (would like to for extra stipend!) or would that be out of the window? (since my tuition and stuff will be fully covered by this scholarship?)
D
deleted1092426
Another question-- I applied for 4 yr scholarship but Is it possible to ask to reduce to 2 during the school year? Or would I need to pay back 3x amount?
We are on the quarter system, so we have a summer quarter. I would just go by whatever your school calls it, if they just say you have fall/spring then that's what I'd go withCongrats on getting the scholarship!! Since you filled out the summer EVF, does your dental school have a “summer semester” and run on a trimester schedule?
My d-school only has Fall and Spring semesters. Technically, my school doesn’t have a “summer semester” per se, but our “spring” semester ran until end of July so I’m wondering if I should’ve submitted a summer EVF form as well [emoji848]
D
deleted1092426
nvm i think i'd have to pay back the amount i wouldve borrowed for those years so dont think itll be possible hahaAnother question-- I applied for 4 yr scholarship but Is it possible to ask to reduce to 2 during the school year? Or would I need to pay back 3x amount?
I am. I got the finalists notification 8/8 and submitted everything 8/10. Been freaking out since I’ve had no counter signature or email for a summer EVF.Is anyone else still waiting on a summer EVF?
Also, very strangely I got a SECOND finalist notification on 8/31 after I had already received a finalist email on 8/8 and submitted everything on 8/10 and signed my contract. I was so confused and unsure what was happening. Called customer service and they said it must be a glitch because they received my forms from the first finalist email. Makes me so nervous. I went ahead and submitted forms again and signed a new contract. Just really hoping the “glitch” doesn’t cost me the contract 😫
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exact same situation. Fingers crossed they're just being slow!!!I am. I got the finalists notification 8/8 and submitted everything 8/10. Been freaking out since I’ve had no counter signature or email for a summer EVF.
Princila Asante
New Member
if we haven't heard back at all is it safe to say we've been rejected. Or have ppl received a finalist notification this late?
D
deleted1092426
they said theyre sending notfications until sept 30if we haven't heard back at all is it safe to say we've been rejected. Or have ppl received a finalist notification this late?
For those who've been awarded or are current scholars, can anyone say who is your contact at your school (their role)? My financial aid director said he shouldn't be the contact and that I need to speak with the bursar's office about getting in the required forms but that doesn't sound right to me? Did the financial aid officer help you all?
I am the first person at my school to be awarded this scholarship, so I am kind of in the dark.
I am the first person at my school to be awarded this scholarship, so I am kind of in the dark.
Last edited:
It is usually the bursar. My school had someone specifically designated as the “3rd party payment coordinator” or something like that.For those who've been awarded or are current scholars, can anyone say who is your contact at your school (their role)? My financial aid director said he shouldn't be the contact and that I need to speak with the bursar's office about getting in the required forms but that doesn't sound right to me. Did the financial aid officer help you all?
I am the first person at my school to be awarded this scholarship, so I kind of in the dark.
DentieBestie
New Member
I’m just here to vent and say I’m anxious 😭 *deep sigh*
@cooliyak are scholars assigned mentors?
DK99
Full Member
oh same, wheres Jamie King at with the rest of the signatures??I’m just here to vent and say I’m anxious 😭 *deep sigh*
They used to offer mentors, but when I asked for one, I never heard back. A few years after that, I asked to be one and I also never heard back. Then I saw that they took away the mentor portal on the website so I assumed they got rid of them completely.@cooliyak are scholars assigned mentors?
Hi all, this question probably has already been asked, and if so, my apologies. I got my counter signature today, but on my application, it still says under review. Does it take a while to change? Also, I didn't get a confirmation email or anything; the only reason I know it got signed is from looking at the contract on my portal.
Hi all,
quick question. When you click the "Your National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program signed contract" do you see your written signatures? Because I don't. I called their help line and they responded in an email saying "We received your escalation regarding the contract and signature. When you submit the Confirmation of Interest that is your signature. You will be able to see the contract if you are awarded within your Portal account once you are able to log in as a participant." But im afraid they were talking about something else. Can anyone tell me if they see their physical signatures on that form?
quick question. When you click the "Your National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program signed contract" do you see your written signatures? Because I don't. I called their help line and they responded in an email saying "We received your escalation regarding the contract and signature. When you submit the Confirmation of Interest that is your signature. You will be able to see the contract if you are awarded within your Portal account once you are able to log in as a participant." But im afraid they were talking about something else. Can anyone tell me if they see their physical signatures on that form?
Don’t worry. It’s just the electronic signature at the bottom and everyone has blank where it looks like you would physically sign itHi all,
quick question. When you click the "Your National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program signed contract" do you see your written signatures? Because I don't. I called their help line and they responded in an email saying "We received your escalation regarding the contract and signature. When you submit the Confirmation of Interest that is your signature. You will be able to see the contract if you are awarded within your Portal account once you are able to log in as a participant." But im afraid they were talking about something else. Can anyone tell me if they see their physical signatures on that form?
DK99
Full Member
what time did you receive the counter signature today?Hi all, this question probably has already been asked, and if so, my apologies. I got my counter signature today, but on my application, it still says under review. Does it take a while to change? Also, I didn't get a confirmation email or anything; the only reason I know it got signed is from looking at the contract on my portal.
Thank you so much! you have no idea how much anxiety you just relieved!Don’t worry. It’s just the electronic signature at the bottom and everyone has blank where it looks like you would physically sign it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The countersignature is an “unofficial” step in the process (although, arguably, a signed contract is the most official). The same as the credit check. Nobody tells you when or if it happened, but if you see on your end that it has, it means things are moving forward. The next “official” communication you get is the congratulations email.Hi all, this question probably has already been asked, and if so, my apologies. I got my counter signature today, but on my application, it still says under review. Does it take a while to change? Also, I didn't get a confirmation email or anything; the only reason I know it got signed is from looking at the contract on my portal.
Me being paranoid about getting the email even though I see my award letter on the portal lolThe countersignature is an “unofficial” step in the process (although, arguably, a signed contract is the most official). The same as the credit check. Nobody tells you when or if it happened, but if you see on your end that it has, it means things are moving forward. The next “official” communication you get is the congratulations email.
DK99
Full Member
yeh, Ive been seeing that for the past week or so, but still no signatureAnyone else recently get the roles tab with “participant” under it but no counter signature yet?
Me as well, but based off last year's thread, I don't really think it means anything.yeh, Ive been seeing that for the past week or so, but still no signature
Anyone else recently get the roles tab with “participant” under it but no counter signature yet?
Could you show a screenshot of what this looks like?
Are you logging in under the normal “an applicant” then the NHSC scholarship program or where it says “a participant” ??
I feel like the "Participant" tab might be appearing if you ever go to the "Participants" section, because I did the same by visiting the LRP and S2S application portals and it now says something to the effect of "LRP Applicant"/"S2S Applicant" in the tab.
Phuong Anh Le
New Member
I was curious about what you said, and tried it out, and it works, but not sure if it is just because we could log in because of the system.Anyone else recently get the roles tab with “participant” under it but no counter signature yet?
Did you get an email or just download and check?Countersigned at 9:08am this morning! Phew such a relief
I was religiously downloading it like a maniac.Did you get an email or just download and check?
Countersigned by Jamie King, but date says it was done on Sept. 2nd ~ 1 pm EST!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got my countersignature today! Does anyone know when to expect the congratulations email and when we'll get our stipend/other costs package?
Expect the email before Sept 30. Stipend and ORC payments will come end of Oct/1st week in Nov.Also got my countersignature today! Does anyone know when to expect the congratulations email and when we'll get our stipend/other costs package?
I signed and submitted 8/11 and no countersignature yet but I think it'll happen within the next few days based on everyone else
Still waiting for countersig., signed and submitted 8/10
Starting to get nervous, I signed 08/09 and was given a finalist notification on the first day. I haven't gotten any emails about something being wrong with my contract and have yet to receive a countersignature. Anyone else in the same boat?
(For context, I submitted for 4 years of funding.)
(For context, I submitted for 4 years of funding.)