2022 NHSC Scholarship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For those of you who got the email for the Summer EVF, mine said to just respond to the email with the docs, there was no link to upload....is this what you guys got?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did, yeah! Did anyone else get an email confirmation back stating their summer EVF was received? I never did but a friend of mine who also submitted his got a confirmation.

I did, yeah! Did anyone else get an email confirmation back stating their summer EVF was received? I never did but a friend of mine who also submitted his got a confirmation.
I didn't get an official email, but I emailed the bursar making sure they got it and they emailed me back to confirm they did.
 
Check your applications today. According to the PA forum, some of us have received countersignatures. Nothing had been updated on the portal, but some have seen signatures along the bottom of the application. Just a heads up
 
No countersignature for me yet. If someone does get it can you put what time you got it
Neither have I. In the other forum, they said in the morning, but didn't give exact time. Another user started countersignatures go on over weeks leading up to the deadline for notification. I just don't know what order they go in or how they determine who or who is first.
 
i’d assume we have until 9/30 to receive a countersignature. not sure what order they are signing contracts in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Praise God, my portal just updated! I received an email at 8 PM informing me of my portal change, and the website was down for a bit so I wasn't able to login until just now. But I can see that my contract was countersigned at 9:32:05 AM today by Jamie King. And my portal has a tab that says "participant" instead of just applicant now. So hopefully everyone else's countersignatures are on the way!
 
Praise God, my portal just updated! I received an email at 8 PM informing me of my portal change, and the website was down for a bit so I wasn't able to login until just now. But I can see that my contract was countersigned at 9:32:05 AM today by Jamie King. And my portal has a tab that says "participant" instead of just applicant now. So hopefully everyone else's countersignatures are on the way!
When did you submit you signature ? I submitted 8/9 so I'm wondering if it's in order!
 
Do we know of anyone that has been a finalist before, but never received a countersignature/scholarship? I know it states there's no guarantee, but everyone I speak to says mostly all that become finalist receive awards
 
If we haven't been contacted about a summer EVF, should we be worried?? I feel like the rug is about to be pulled out from underneath me. One of my classmates got the EVF and others are getting signatures but it's been radio silence for me. 🙁
 
Hey friends! I’ve heard some people received summer enrollment verification forms via email this past week (if you indicated that you completed summer classes this summer on the original EVF form they gave us when we found out we were finalists).

I didn’t get one of these forms via email. Did you all get one? Do you think this is a bad sign of me getting the official award?
I'm in the same boat. Hoping it's not a bad sign and they're just behind or something!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone that is still wondering and mostly people looking back here from next years group, I just received a finalist notification yesterday on 8/31. So don’t completely lose hope on this. I’m a D1 and it was for the 4 year scholarship. So it’s completely possible to receive a finalist notification this late. (Assuming that people choose not to accept from the original batch)
 
When do they usually send out the official congrats email?
Those ones my year all came out at the same time. Everyone got it the same day. That may have changed. But it was a week or two before Sept 30th that they kept telling us was the deadline for notification. And then anybody who didn’t get the scholarship was notified on Sept 30th. That also may be different.
 
Congrats to everyone that has their signature!!

I'm lowkey getting anxious because I was a first round finalist and I've yet to receive a countersignature :/

I got the finalist notification on the 8th and uploaded everything and signed the contract on the 11th. Do they hold it against you if you don't reply in time?
 
Countersigned at 1pm today!!! Congrats everyone whose gotten theirs so far and everyone still waiting, yours is on the way!
Congrats! I was just wondering what day you submitted your W4/second EVF? I sent mine in on 8/10 and am getting antsy about not having a countersignature.
 
Congrats! I was just wondering what day you submitted your W4/second EVF? I sent mine in on 8/10 and am getting antsy about not having a countersignature.
First submitted 8/9, but I had to resubmit on 8/17 bc I had an error on my W-4 form. I don't think they are countersigning in any particular order.
 
This has probably been asked/mentioned before, but is anyone aware of any finalists that didn't get a countersignature?
I haven't seen anything on the past forums, but I called the BHW and they said being a finalist isn't a guarantee
 
Congrats to everyone that has their signature!!

I'm lowkey getting anxious because I was a first round finalist and I've yet to receive a countersignature :/

I got the finalist notification on the 8th and uploaded everything and signed the contract on the 11th. Do they hold it against you if you don't reply in time?
Same! Hopefully, we will hear something soon.
 
got my countersignature today at 1:07pm
first round finalist
submitted everything without error on 8/8
last name starts with H
first year dental student signed for 4 years of scholarship

best of luck to you all! don’t stress. they do countersignatures until the deadline.
did they send an email? or did u just check portal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my counter-signature today!!! No email, just downloaded my contract and saw the counter-signature
Says it was signed 1:09pm today
Finalist notification 8/8 (at about 8am)
I signed 8/9 12:39pm (did not have to re-submit W-4 or anything)
Summer EVF sent in 8/29 (about 8pm)
D3 getting 2 year scholarship

Congrats to everyone else who has gotten a counter-signature!! I'm sure more are still to come, don't lose hope if you haven't gotten one yet.
 
Got my counter-signature today!!! No email, just downloaded my contract and saw the counter-signature
Says it was signed 1:09pm today
Finalist notification 8/8 (at about 8am)
I signed 8/9 12:39pm (did not have to re-submit W-4 or anything)
Summer EVF sent in 8/29 (about 8pm)
D3 getting 2 year scholarship

Congrats to everyone else who has gotten a counter-signature!! I'm sure more are still to come, don't lose hope if you haven't gotten one yet.

Congrats on getting the scholarship!! Since you filled out the summer EVF, does your dental school have a “summer semester” and run on a trimester schedule?

My d-school only has Fall and Spring semesters. Technically, my school doesn’t have a “summer semester” per se, but our “spring” semester ran until end of July so I’m wondering if I should’ve submitted a summer EVF form as well [emoji848]
 
Congrats to everyone who has received their countersignature!

To those who posted above, I'm also first round finalist waiting on the countersignature... but I was able to go into the participant portal and there was no "You are not authorized to enter this page" anymore? And the Participant tab was added to "Roles". I saw in last year's thread however that this is not necessarily a sign. Ah I love being neurotic...
 
First submitted 8/9, but I had to resubmit on 8/17 bc I had an error on my W-4 form. I don't think they are countersigning in any particular order.
I had an error on my W-4 form too!! For some reason they told me I didn't include my name/address/SSN which I definitely did... had to resubmit 8/16 which really sucks 🙁