2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I keep calling and emailing and no one answers so I give up. Just ridiculous lol
Just give me the R already and let me get on with my life already šŸ™ƒ

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
are there any current students i can ask about housing? // what apartments I should avoid?

hey everyone! any tips for the interview here? also, does anyone know if it'll be possible to switch to VA? because I'm from VA and would prefer in-state

hey everyone! any tips for the interview here? also, does anyone know if it'll be possible to switch to VA? because I'm from VA and would prefer in-state
2 sets of interviews. The first one is academic, they'll go thru your transcript and talk about any hiccups. The second one is more personal, like the ones you may have been practicing or seen online. It's fairly low stress. Mine was very conversational and low key one the interviewers was talking ad-nauseum about his career and I barely had to answer questions lol.

Reactions: 1 user
current student here, I would be happy to answer any questions you have!
On average what do you spend on living expenses? How early should we be looking for housing?

Is there anyone is waitlist so far? got an II today, but not sure.

does anyone have any tips for the in-person interview? i'm kind of nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
So VCOM Louisiana called me today and offered me an Acceptance! The only thing is my first choice is VCOM Carolinas (waitlisted), if I say yes, will I lose my waitlist spot? I live literally 10 minutes away from the Carolinas campus.

Last edited:
current student here, I would be happy to answer any questions you have!
Is an similar vein to MSSOM, what are some apartments to be wary of (either from poor personal experiences or bad experiences from other students)? Or, to flip it around, any apartments that are good?

Is an similar vein to MSSOM, what are some apartments to be wary of (either from poor personal experiences or bad experiences from other students)? Or, to flip it around, any apartments that are good?
Most students stay at Bon Haven, the Montgomery, the Charles, or Drayton Mills

Reactions: 1 users
On average what do you spend on living expenses? How early should we be looking for housing?
I typically spend around $1,200 a month on rent, bills, groceries, gas, etc., however I have a roommate so it definitely helps with the cost. As far as when to look for housing, I feel like there as typically always apartments available. Spartanburg does have several colleges so I think you might find more availabilities towards May as college students move out.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how rotations work here?
Rotations begin in the 3rd year. During the second part of 2nd year, students hear from all 13 rotation sites and are able to ask questions, speak with students at the sites, etc. Then, you rank the rotation sites and a committee gets together to place the students at the sites. Most students get one of their top 3 choices. Rotations in 3rd year include surgery, family med, internal med (inpatient and outpatient), OBGYN, pysch, peds, research, and an selective of your choice. 4th year, you do EM, 3 selective rotations, and 4-5 elective (audition) rotations.

I typically spend around $1,200 a month on rent, bills, groceries, gas, etc., however I have a roommate so it definitely helps with the cost. As far as when to look for housing, I feel like there as typically always apartments available. Spartanburg does have several colleges so I think you might find more availabilities towards May as college students move out.
Wow that seems pretty affordable. How many students end up having roommates? I'd like to live alone but I'm afraid I'll also be socially isolated from everyone else.

Last edited:
I interviewed on April 8. when do you think the decisions would come out?

Has any one heard anything from the April interviews?

Has anyone been off the waitlist? Is the class full?

Last edited:
Just received an II this morning!! Can someone who interviewed there give any advice? Iā€™m kinda nervous lol

Wow that seems pretty affordable. How many students end up having roommates? I'd like to live alone but I'm afraid I'll also be socially isolated from everyone else.
It really just depends! I have a roommate, but some of my friends do not. Many people also live with their significant others, so it all depends on your preference. As for being socially isolated, it's really not a problem. There are so many events, and people are constantly having get togethers and things that the only way you feel isolated is if you choose not to attend. You'll also find your group of people to go and do things outside of school!