2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who has interviewed already, how long does the interview last? What time does it end? If I'm flying in, can I take a 6 or 7 p.m. flight that night, or will I be at the school until 5 pm?
Hey there, I interviewed here at the very end of August. My interview was in-person and began at about 9:00 AM. The faculty interview was about 20-30 minutes long. There’s an agenda that encompasses the rest of the day beyond this. As for as ending times, we were done with the day at about 1:30 PM.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I reach out to admissions if I’m still in screening but I submitted my secondary on 8/23? Or should I just ride out the wait. All of my other materials were in when I submitted.

Can anyone tell me if it’s one interview with two faculty members or 2 one-on-one interviews?

is the interview open or closed?
from my experience, they had a sheet with all my "highlights" i got a quick glance at it and it showed my mcat score gpa and notable experiences, so Im sure they looked at profile before interviewing but it was not directly in front of them

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
from my experience, they had a sheet with all my "highlights" i got a quick glance at it and it showed my mcat score gpa and notable experiences, so Im sure they looked at profile before interviewing but it was not directly in front of them
interesting, did they ask about your MCAT score or experiences? or what you put in your secondary's? TYIA!!!

interesting, did they ask about your MCAT score or experiences? or what you put in your secondary's? TYIA!!!
nothing about stats, more so my experinecs and typical interview questions, really conversational, great admissions team!

nothing about stats, more so my experinecs and typical interview questions, really conversational, great admissions team!
the advice I have gotten is if you have an interview ur stats are more than good enough, theyre just trying to see if youre a good fit

Anyone that interviewed at VCOM Louisiana in October hear back?

Last edited:
OOS II received this morning, in-person booked for mid December.

Hey guys! I have an interview on next week on 11/16, and I was wondering if anyone that has already interviewed has some advice they could give or some insight on how the format of the interview is. Is it more relaxed and they are just trying to get to know you, or is it more serious and they are almost trying to make you uncomfortable? Thanks!

got the A today!! Interviewed oct 19th!

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have an interview on next week on 11/16, and I was wondering if anyone that has already interviewed has some advice they could give or some insight on how the format of the interview is. Is it more relaxed and they are just trying to get to know you, or is it more serious and they are almost trying to make you uncomfortable? Thanks!
Hey there! Congrats on landing the interview! 🎉 I had my interview last month, and I can tell you it was more on the relaxed side. The faculty members were super friendly and really aimed at getting to know me. It felt like a conversation rather than a formal interrogation. The format was pretty traditional, two faculty members, about 30 minutes. They want to understand who you are and if you'd be a good fit, so just be yourself and enjoy the conversation. Also, the group setup was interesting – it helped ease the nerves a bit. Good luck! You got this!

Is the school a little slower, or maybe I am just getting silence, but I have been completed since august and have nothing back. Any one in similar boat?

I just got the interview at VCOM LA? How is the interview process ?

Are there any senior students here in this group from
VCOM LA?

Hi guys, I got an II! I'm from a very rural area so I'm a bit nervous about the potential transition to a more populated area like Monroe. Is the area generally considered family safe? How's the public school system? If any current faculty or students could speak from their experience I would appreciate it!

I just got the interview at VCOM LA? How is the interview process ?

Are there any senior students here in this group from
VCOM LA?
Hi, I’m a current VCOM-LA student. The interview process is fairly smooth. Definitely do not stress about it. The interview day is for you to see how you feel about the school AND for the school to see who you are. When I interviewed in person, it absolutely changed how I felt about the school from what I had read about the city. Just keep an open mind. There’s far too little time as a med student to be worried about little things anyway.

Hi guys, I got an II! I'm from a very rural area so I'm a bit nervous about the potential transition to a more populated area like Monroe. Is the area generally considered family safe? How's the public school system? If any current faculty or students could speak from their experience I would appreciate it!
Hi! I’m a current student at VCOM-LA. Depending on how rural you are used to, VCOM may not seem much different. I was raised in a town of 500 people, and then moved to Houston, TX. Monroe, LA definitely will feel more like a city, but it is comparably more rural than bigger areas like Houston, Texas. There are absolutely areas that are family-safe and with a decent public school system (such as the Claiborne school). Those areas tend to be more located in West-Monroe, just 15 minutes from the school. Although, there are plenty of safe areas much closer if that is your concern!

Hi! I’m a current student at VCOM-LA. Depending on how rural you are used to, VCOM may not seem much different. I was raised in a town of 500 people, and then moved to Houston, TX. Monroe, LA definitely will feel more like a city, but it is comparably more rural than bigger areas like Houston, Texas. There are absolutely areas that are family-safe and with a decent public school system (such as the Claiborne school). Those areas tend to be more located in West-Monroe, just 15 minutes from the school. Although, there are plenty of safe areas much closer if that is your concern!
any apt complexes you recommend?

I got an A last week :)
Are there any accepted student groupchats or discords ?

Reactions: 1 users
Any accepted students GroupMe / discord?
Working on figuring this out for those who have been accepted. I appreciate your patience! It may take until mid-Feb. before a link is sent.

II Today. Complete 6/7
So there is still a chance? That is when I submitted my app. Those are a lot of months between then and now.

Have people gotten pre-II Rs yet or do they just dump the remainder near the end?

opinions on emailing for an update? it's soooo tempting, but I don't want to be annoying lol.

Hey Everyone!
I am new here and I just finished interview day three days ago. How long did it take for yall to get any notification of the admissions decision?

opinions on emailing for an update? it's soooo tempting, but I don't want to be annoying lol.
I think it wouldn't hurt, especially if you haven't heard anything for a long time. I think that if you do, it will at least show the admin that you are really interested in going to their school.

Hey Everyone!
I am new here and I just finished interview day three days ago. How long did it take for yall to get any notification of the admissions decision?
It took me about 3 weeks from interview until I heard back but I think that was due to Thanksgiving break. I think 2 weeks is the usual wait time from what I can remember.

Hi everyone, I just found out that I am on the waitlist. Does anyone know how the waitlist tends to move, or if I should call and ask?

Last edited: