2024-2025 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2024-2025 Arizona - Phoenix Secondary Essay Prompts: (1000 characters each)

1. What achievement are you most proud of in your life? What aspect(s) of this achievement will you bring to our medical school?

2. The UA College of Medicine - Phoenix practices Inclusive Excellence, which celebrates the differences, talents, and unique qualities of all individuals. Please describe how you will pursue Inclusive Excellence in your studies while contributing to the collaborative environment at the College of Medicine - Phoenix.

3. Servant Leadership is a Core Value and Attribute we deem essential for our students to possess. To us, it is service to others where one possesses personal humility along with a strong professional will. Describe a time where you have practiced this skill or have seen this in another. What traits were exemplified, and how will you apply these traits to your career in medicine?

4. Throughout your application you have given us a sense of how you intend to contribute to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix. We would now like to know about how you anticipate the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix will contribute to your goals and passion for medicine. What aspects of our program and community appeals most to you, and how do you plan to make use of specific resources and opportunities here?

5. Please reflect on your entire application, is there anything you would like to further share with the Admissions Committee? Items to consider: connection(s) to Phoenix and/or our medical community, your plan during this application season, gap(s) in your education, personal, academic, or COVID-related challenges. Do not repeat any information already mentioned in the primary or secondary applications.

Good luck to all applying!
Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how strongly they screen before sending a secondary? Just curious :)

OOS secondary received

Reactions: 1 users
How does logging in work? They say to use my AMCAS login, but that's not working so far.

How does logging in work? They say to use my AMCAS login, but that's not working so far.
You have to do "forgot your password" and use your AMCAS login and email. After that they send you an email to create a password and then you can log in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please share the Secondary essay prompts when available and tag a moderator.

Good luck to all applying!
Interview Feedback:
1. What achievement are you most proud of in your life? What aspect(s) of this achievement will you bring to our medical school?
2. The UA College of Medicine - Phoenix practices Inclusive Excellence, which celebrates the differences, talents, and unique qualities of all individuals. Please describe how you will pursue Inclusive Excellence in your studies while contributing to the collaborative environment at the College of Medicine - Phoenix.
3. Servant Leadership is a Core Value and Attribute we deem essential for our students to possess. To us, it is service to others where one possesses personal humility along with a strong professional will. Describe a time where you have practiced this skill or have seen this in another. What traits were exemplified, and how will you apply these traits to your career in medicine?
4. Throughout your application you have given us a sense of how you intend to contribute to the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix. We would now like to know about how you anticipate the UA College of Medicine – Phoenix will contribute to your goals and passion for medicine. What aspects of our program and community appeals most to you, and how do you plan to make use of specific resources and opportunities here?
5. Please reflect on your entire application, is there anything you would like to further share with the Admissions Committee? Items to consider: connection(s) to Phoenix and/or our medical community, your plan during this application season, gap(s) in your education, personal, academic, or COVID-related challenges. Do not repeat any information already mentioned in the primary or secondary applications.

all 1000 characters

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone having trouble with login? I requested to reset my password like 2 hours ago but still have not received the email

Not sure if anyone has opened the secondary up yet, but for the section where you align your courses with the requisites, are you putting every course that matches or just one or two?

do you get an email verification if everything is submitted?

Not sure if anyone has opened the secondary up yet, but for the section where you align your courses with the requisites, are you putting every course that matches or just one or two?
i think they just need one or two, but I'm putting everything because I'm paranoid LOL

Do they care about which letters we send? In terms of science professors, non-science etc

Did anyone get like a confirmation email when you subtitled the secondary? Also the recommendation letters are just the one from Amcas? We don’t to like upload any anywhere else?

Did anyone get like a confirmation email when you subtitled the secondary? Also the recommendation letters are just the one from Amcas? We don’t to like upload any anywhere else?
It took 3 days after submitting to receive a confirmation email

Is anyone having trouble with login? I requested to reset my password like 2 hours ago but still have not received the email
also having trouble with this, and one other school that uses the same platform. I requested the password reset for both about 2-3 hours ago and nothing for either. were you able to figure it out at all?

Did anyone get an application complete email? I only got the secondary submitted email.

Did anyone get an application complete email? I only got the secondary submitted email.
I got one that said this after submitting my secondary
“The Office of Admissions and Recruitment has received your completed secondary application and appreciates the time you took to tell us more about your education, your experiences, and what you could potentially add to The University of Arizona College ofMedicine – Phoenix as a new medical student. We look forward to continuing the review of your application, and we hope to have the opportunity to invite you to campus in the near future.”

Just got this email today: "We are pleased to inform you that you have successful met our minimum academic requirements for admission. We are now moving to the holistic review of your application where we will be determining the competitiveness of your application for an interview. "

Submitted first day 6/28

Just got this email today: "We are pleased to inform you that you have successful met our minimum academic requirements for admission. We are now moving to the holistic review of your application where we will be determining the competitiveness of your application for an interview. "

Submitted first day 6/28
+1

Submitted first day 6/28

Got this too, a little concerned this might be a soft hold based on previous threads

Really? It sounds like its just moving from completed --> under review.

Might be mistaking this for another email but I remember applying last year and getting something like this when my friend who got in did not. I think it might’ve been a different email though this one seems fine

Might be mistaking this for another email but I remember applying last year and getting something like this when my friend who got in did not. I think it might’ve been a different email though this one seems fine
They haven't offered any IIs yet, so every person whose application is complete is now "under review." This isn't a "hold" email, it's just one that tells you your application is complete.

They haven't offered any IIs yet, so every person whose application is complete is now "under review." This isn't a "hold" email, it's just one that tells you your application is complete.

Thank you for this!

For those with II's, did you guys receive an "academic screening complete" email earlier?

OOS II with no ties to AZ. Complete 6/28

IS II, LM 72, WARS 74
MCAT 514, GPA 3.92

:) (im scared of you guys)