2024-2025 Boston University

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Did you end up hearing back? I'm in the same boat and still haven't received anything...
I just got an email from the IT department to fill out a link for password reset and now the account claim option works. I think they're doing it one by one and not automated so it may take a bit
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it says "
Current Status: Supplemental Application Submitted
and all of the application progress checkmarks say "yes," do I have to doa nything else at this point? I got no confirmation email so.
 
has anyone had the issue attached and reached out to admissions and gotten a response? i got the secondary on monday and i have it all done and ready to submit but i cant get into the portal. i emailed them on tuesday but havent gotten a response. i dont want to pester them but not sure what to do..
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 11.42.03 AM.png
 
has anyone had the issue attached and reached out to admissions and gotten a response? i got the secondary on monday and i have it all done and ready to submit but i cant get into the portal. i emailed them on tuesday but havent gotten a response. i dont want to pester them but not sure what to do..View attachment 389160
You have to use your email rather then username
 
I just got the "claim your account" email prior to my primary being verified? I'm a reapplicant so I just logged in with my details from last year, and I can already access my secondary too. Weird...
 
has anyone had the issue attached and reached out to admissions and gotten a response? i got the secondary on monday and i have it all done and ready to submit but i cant get into the portal. i emailed them on tuesday but havent gotten a response. i dont want to pester them but not sure what to do..View attachment 389160
were you able to figure out how to fix this issue? I got the "thank you for claiming your account" email today but am getting this same error when trying to log in. i'm using my email address as my username and also tried resetting my password.
 
Last year, the "Why us?" essay was just a question about Boston Medical Center being a safety net hospital, so I just wrote about the safety net part. I feel like "why us" and the "safety net" part are two different essays, how much more do I need to make it like a "why us" essay? Or is the safety net essay good enough?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
were you able to figure out how to fix this issue? I got the "thank you for claiming your account" email today but am getting this same error when trying to log in. i'm using my email address as my username and also tried resetting my password.
It was giving me this error when my laptop autofilled the boxes. I had to like add a space to each box then delete it (they then turned from blue to white) and I was able to log in. No clue if this would fix your issue but maybe!
 
anyone get an email saying their file is complete? submitted Tuesday with everything in, but still haven't received the complete file.
 
For question #4 about educational history and additional training, would it be appropriate to talk about something from high school? I was a competitive swimmer for 12 years and stopped briefly before college + I also played the flute for a long time in middle school and high school, and I was wondering if those things were fair game to discuss
 
Anyone else still waiting for an OOS secondary (not in my spam folder)? On their website they say they don't prescreen applicants for secondaries. At what point should I email admissions and ask?
 
I received an email from their admissions office yesterday to claim my BU account, which I did, but I have yet to receive my OOS secondary. Is this normal?
Same. It says I claimed my account, and it may take up to a day for all my access to be updated. This was around 36 hours ago.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After I claimed my account I googled bu secondary login and was able to access the secondary that way
I did the same, and it gave me an error message saying my account could not be found, but my credentials were valid. Not sure if I should email their admissions office, considering it's been almost 3 days since I claimed my account.
 
How many of you guys are leaving the optional blank ... assuming you don't have some crazy story to tell
Tbh it seems like they don't want to read an extra essay lol. Especially telling us that most applicants leave it blank (yes, really!) and then making us check a box saying are you SURE you want to submit this? If you have something compelling about yourself that would tell them why you belong there that couldnt be said in the first essay, I think go for it! Otherwise... beware lol
 
Do you guys think a diversity essay would be appropriate for the optional prompt? I grew up low SES in an ultra-rural community which I never mentioned in my primary. However, I think it gave me a lot of very unique views/stories about rural health needs and is definitely a tangential motivator for my why medicine. I know Boston is more focused on urban health also so idk if it would be a good fit anyway.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@everyone
Please email admissions if youre missing your secondary and you've been verified a long time ago. I got my secondary five min after I emailed them. Good luck!