2024-2025 Charles R Drew

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The whole focus of my application is on underserved communities and how it relates to my background, yet I've received nothing from this school. OOS ORM. LM 70. Anyone else?
Anyone can volunteer with underserved communities and say they want to help them. In fact, I'm betting more than half of applicants say that.
 
Anyone can volunteer with underserved communities and say they want to help them. In fact, I'm betting more than half of applicants say that.
True. Probably more than that. But that's not how my application is shaped, so my curiosity still stands. Either way, those who are ORM + have volunteering experience in underserved communities can still meet CD's mission. For example, there are lots of groups out there classified as ORM who have faced, as CD's secondary puts it, discrimination.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True. Probably more than that. But that's not how my application is shaped, so my curiosity still stands. Either way, those who are ORM + have volunteering experience in underserved communities can still meet CD's mission. For example, there are lots of groups out there classified as ORM who have faced, as CD's secondary puts it, discrimination.
I'm ORM too and got secondaries the first day.
 
The whole focus of my application is on underserved communities and how it relates to my background, yet I've received nothing from this school. OOS ORM. LM 70. Anyone else?
I'd say keep waiting. They have a wide open window to review apps.

Sincerely,

Basically same profile as you but IS xx
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got confirmation email of my primary july 17th
you're IS or OOS? and id email them tbh. thats what ive been doing lol, i expressed interest and told them my mcat is low basically shooting my shot, and it worked out so, doesn't hurt to email them expressing your interest as well
 
you're IS or OOS? and id email them tbh. thats what ive been doing lol, i expressed interest and told them my mcat is low basically shooting my shot, and it worked out so, doesn't hurt to email them expressing your interest as well
Did you get a secondary after emailing them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed and they also said I'm still under review. So imma take that as a good sign on this fine day lol
1722967395228.png
 
Does anyone know where in the portal you can see if they got your letters of recommendation?
 
Does anyone know how the prereqs work for interviews? Like mine will expire this year according to their guidelines. Does anyone know how this affects II posibility?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how the prereqs work for interviews? Like mine will expire this year according to their guidelines. Does anyone know how this affects II posibility?
Since they expire this year, I feel they would be lenient. What is the cut off again? 10 years?