2023-2024 Charles R Drew

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone had any luck asking CDU about their placement rank on the waitlist?
Dont hold your breath waiting on a response about waitlist placement.

As of now, the class is committed and full. There has been a good amount of movement off the waitlist the last two weeks, so I wouldnt really expect much moving forward.

Hope that helps!
 
Are people in the accepted/committed students chat seemingly set on attending CDU or are there some that are still waiting to hear back from other schools or get off other waitlists?
 
There is usually some movement (albeit limited) in June when folks who are on waitlists for other schools get accepted, which could trickle down to CDU. Of course this is all speculation but seems to be the norm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is usually some movement (albeit limited) in June when folks who are on waitlists for other schools get accepted, which could trickle down to CDU. Of course this is all speculation but seems to be the norm
I think this is normally the case/usual circumstance, but the waitlist movement came earlier because of the AAMC CTE tool. Also the CTE tool automatically removed many of us off some schools waitlist after choosing CDU which we pretty much had to do by like 5/2, otherwise our spot at CDU was highly jeopardized. IF there is any movement moving forward, it would be logistical (i.e. background check incomplete/ immunizations incomplete, etc) and it may be 1-5 students IF that... As of now, everyone in our chat/CDU email thread is committed & doing their best to make sure they're starting at CDU July 8th.

I hope this helps! As a non-trad reapplicant over 3x (in addition to taking the MCAT 4+ times, with an uncompetitive uGPA), I know how frustrating this process can be. Whatever happens in your journey to medical school, dont give up and keep trying until you get that yes! It really is a great feeling on this side of it all knowing I never gave up
 
Hi! Has anyone experienced and/or heard of any waitlist movement lately? I’m deciding if I should wait it out or lose hope and withdraw.
 
This might be a dumb question but if I’m reapplying this cycle do I have to withdraw from the waitlist?
personally, I wouldn't remove yourself from the waitlist until the class has officially started. you never know what could happen. From what i've heard, i believe one of the current ms1 was accepted after gateway had already finished/the first week of block 1..
 
has there been any movement? I might have to sign a lease for another school tomorrow but still clinging on to the possibility of attending CDU 🥹