2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you say "this past application cycle" are you referring to 2023-2024 because if that is the case then yes you will have to take CASPer for the 2024-25 cycle.yes I was referring to the 2023-2024 cycle. Thank you so much

When you say "this past application cycle" are you referring to 2023-2024 because if that is the case then yes you will have to take CASPer for the 2024-25 cycle.
Yes I was talking about the 2023-2024 application cycle. Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them as well regarding any updates on my application and they sent me the same exact email that you have about "DPMS decisions will be sent in early May regardless of when the application was completed. Interview invitations will be sent throughout March and April." But I don't have the interview invite part that's on your email. I have my fingers crossed, hopefully that will change.
Yea I’m hopeful that it will, keep your hopes up! I think they just didn’t get to your application yet

I emailed them as well regarding any updates on my application and they sent me the same exact email that you have about "DPMS decisions will be sent in early May regardless of when the application was completed. Interview invitations will be sent throughout March and April." But I don't have the interview invite part that's on your email. I have my fingers crossed, hopefully that will change.
I sent an email a few days ago asking for an update and they haven't even responded yet 😩

Members don't see this ad :)
The program said that the absolute last day to take CASPER for the program is May 2nd. I'm wondering if that means decisions are going to be streamlined this year? Doesn't that mean all of the invites+ interviews have to happen in April by default?

Reactions: 1 user
The program said that the absolute last day to take CASPER for the program is May 2nd. I'm wondering if that means decisions are going to be streamlined this year? Doesn't that mean all of the invites+ interviews have to happen in April by default?
That's a good point. Maybe the timeline/process is more structured this year? You're right, if May 2 is the last CASPER they accept, they would most likely need to have the interview invites sent out before then to give interviewees time to schedule and take the test. Hopefully that means a faster turn around time with decisions!

Last edited:
Hi guys, just wanted to let you know I withdrew my interview/app since I got accepted into med school earlier this week :) best of luck for everybody applying this cycle and to the program!! i believe we will become the best doctors we can be in a couple of years!! :love::love:

For those that had asked earlier, I submitted my app I believe Nov/Dec. My cGPA was a 3.7 and sGPA 3.4 and my MCAT was a 499. I took one gap year, so DPMS would have been my second gap year!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi guys, just wanted to let you know I withdrew my interview/app since I got accepted into med school earlier this week :) best of luck for everybody applying this cycle and to the program!! i believe we will become the best doctors we can be in a couple of years!! :love::love:
Congratulations!!!

For those that had asked earlier, I submitted my app I believe Nov/Dec. My cGPA was a 3.7 and sGPA 3.4 and my MCAT was a 499. I took one gap year, so DPMS would have been my second gap year!
Congratulations that's so exciting!

Congratulations and best of luck in med school! 😊

Congratss!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the April 12th deadline means April 12th at midnight? Or is it due tonight on the 11th?

Congrats! Good luck on your journey!

Question for the interview format. I e as looking at previous and threads and I saw something about having to write an ethics essay as apart of the interview? Is this still a thing that happens? If any DPMS alum could answer would be very beneficial!

Question for the interview format. I e as looking at previous and threads and I saw something about having to write an ethics essay as apart of the interview? Is this still a thing that happens? If any DPMS alum could answer would be very beneficial!
dpms alum here! there was no ethics essay as part of the interview. its a just a traditional interview with a med school or grad school faculty member. you’ll have an “about dpms” session in the beginning and then your interview at whatever time they tell you and then at the end of the day, you’ll have a panel of past and current dpms students (not faculty) so you can ask the real questions you wanna ask

Reactions: 2 users
How long did it take your guys' supplemental information (specifically LOR, GPA calculation form, and MCAT scores) to be marked as received rather than awaiting? I submitted those today since today is the deadline, but not sure if a timestamp for that showing that I sent it on the 12th is enough, or if they won't accept my application if they actually receive it later than today. Any chance that it was same day for you guys? (I electronically delivered my LOR's via interfolio btw). Haven't been able to connect with them over the phone all day today.

For MCAT, I sent them scores last night around 7pm. It got marked as "verified" a few hours ago. I can't speak to if sending it on the 12th is acceptable even if it is not verified until later on. Ideally you'd want everything received in their hands today but they might have some wiggle room

For LOR as soon as it gets submitted its marked as received in my experience. I didn't use interfolio though

How long did it take your guys' supplemental information (specifically LOR, GPA calculation form, and MCAT scores) to be marked as received rather than awaiting? I submitted those today since today is the deadline, but not sure if a timestamp for that showing that I sent it on the 12th is enough, or if they won't accept my application if they actually receive it later than today. Any chance that it was same day for you guys? (I electronically delivered my LOR's via interfolio btw). Haven't been able to connect with them over the phone all day today.
It took my information a couple days maybe a week

Everything was super quick. I remember sending my LOR's on a Saturday and it showed as received on a Sunday. Everything that was uploaded or worked on on the Drexel application took maybe one day if I remember correctly? I just remember everything showing as received pretty quick.

Application submitted! LET'S GO BABY BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE.

Application submitted! LET'S GO BABY BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE.
Did you submit your entire application yesterday on the deadline? Including submitting your LOR's, MCAT, etc? Just asking because that's what I did and I'm worried that it might have been too late for them to receive certain documents.

Did you submit your entire application yesterday on the deadline? Including submitting your LOR's, MCAT, etc? Just asking because that's what I did and I'm worried that it might have been too late for them to receive certain documents.
Hiya! I submitted all app materials in the past week. I don’t think it would be an issue if you submitted all on the day we had to submit.

Besides, they said April 12th and didn’t provide a time for the deadline for what that’s worth.

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! Let us know how it goes! Have mind on Wednesday!

Anyone that applied early march still in pending review status/ got an ii this past week? Wondering if they’re going to go back to us or now just focus on people who submitted Friday ᴖ̈

Anyone that applied early march still in pending review status/ got an ii this past week? Wondering if they’re going to go back to us or now just focus on people who submitted Friday ᴖ̈
Yes I was verified early march and nothing yet

So if that’s the case should people take CASPer just in case? The deadline is May 2nd. If they are having interviews after the CASPer deadline I guess the safe bet would be to just take the test? Any thoughts?

So if that’s the case should people take CASPer just in case? The deadline is May 2nd. If they are having interviews after the CASPer deadline I guess the safe bet would be to just take the test? Any thoughts?
It’s not fair because we have to waste money 😭😭 because you never know if they are gonna interview you

It’s not fair because we have to waste money 😭😭 because you never know if they are gonna interview you
If anyone here qualifies, sign up for the Fee Assistance Program (FAP). If you are approved, signing up for CASPER is free. But I agree-- I hope that they send out all of the invites before May 2nd so that people can take the test.

Hi guys just wanted to give tips for the interview. I’d recommend knowing you application like the back of your hand and be ready to talk about your experiences as well as be able to talk about yourself. I remember talking about my hobbies, books I was reading. They want to learn more about you and see if you are a fit. I would also recommend having questions ready for them. I remember researching their website and having questions written down ready to ask. Remember to breathe and just be yourself, y’all got this!!! Good luck!!!

They said “not to worry about it” and if you’re invited for an interview the school will provide next steps. So Im not 100% sure what that means but I specifically emailed about Casper and that’s what they said back to me

Hi guys just wanted to give tips for the interview. I’d recommend knowing you application like the back of your hand and be ready to talk about your experiences as well as be able to talk about yourself. I remember talking about my hobbies, books I was reading. They want to learn more about you and see if you are a fit. I would also recommend having questions ready for them. I remember researching their website and having questions written down ready to ask. Remember to breathe and just be yourself, y’all got this!!! Good luck!!!
Thank you so much! How long did your interview last in total?

What do you think makes a candidate a good fit?

What do you think makes a candidate a good fit?
Hello,
Someone who embodies their mission, I’d recommend looking it up on their website, then seeing how your experiences tie into their mission. Also be sure to highlight your strengths, and also be able to explain any weaknesses you might have in your app.

How was the interview today peeps? Like do they ask basic questions or more like MMI interviews?

Are the Q/A sessions 1:1 between you and the group of DPMS students or is it a group of everyone who is interviewing that day?

Just in case there are people who submitted their documents on Friday (4/12), the date of the deadline, I just got email confirmation that we are still in good standing because the documents were sent on the date of the deadline -- processing time does not affect our application

Reactions: 1 users