You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Missouri - Columbia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.docloading
Full Member
Starting off the status unchanged chain!
lsg-premed
Full Member
+1, what does this mean for chances of admission?Starting off the status unchanged chain!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1207294
+1 my friends that currently attend were in the same boat & many didn’t receive acceptance till February, but it means you still have a good chance!+1, what does this mean for chances of admission?
Starting off the status unchanged chain!
+1
soccer_pickle_885
Full Member
IS A! interviewed 12/18
.docloading
Full Member
Congrats!IS A! interviewed 12/18
.docloading
Full Member
+1, what does this mean for chances of admission?
Yeah it says in the email they accept a small number each monthly cycle. I think that leaves a decent shot to get the A once they finalize in March. I read on a previous year thread it is estimated about 30% of the acceptances get sent out before March. I take this with a heavy grain of salt though.+1 my friends that currently attend were in the same boat & many didn’t receive acceptance till February, but it means you still have a good chance!
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
+1 IS A interviewed early October
Yeah it says in the email they accept a small number each monthly cycle. I think that leaves a decent shot to get the A once they finalize in March. I read on a previous year thread it is estimated about 30% of the acceptances get sent out before March. I take this with a heavy grain of salt though.
Wait so are you saying 70% of acceptances will come after March? Of course taking with a wheel barrow of salt 😉
mrwonderful0
Full Member
congrats! what is your LM/ stats if you don’t mind me askingIS A! interviewed 12/18
soccer_pickle_885
Full Member
LM 71 🙂congrats! what is your LM/ stats if you don’t mind me asking
.docloading
Full Member
Wait so are you saying 70% of acceptances will come after March? Of course taking with a wheel barrow of salt 😉
Yeah -- so how they explained it is they give everyone a score post-interview, then they compare those scores to previous years' scores. Those who score well above the average from previous years are offered admission, while all others remain in the pool but their status does not change. Roughly 12-15 interviewees will be offered admission each month. So next month, your score will be pooled in with those of the applicants who interview this coming month. At that point, if you are in the top 12-15, you will be offered admission. They'll keep doing this each month until March, when they give "final decisions" (i.e. admission, alt list, rejection). At that point, I believe there will be exactly 128 extended admission and 128 put on a ranked alt list. If put on the alt list, you will be notified which tier (top vs middle vs bottom third) you are on.
All in all, Mizzou will end up offering admission to about 200 students from 400 interviews, so almost 70% are offered admission in March or later compared to 30% who receive early notification.
TL;DR you still have a good shot -- wait until March for a final decision.
I went back and found this from last year's thread! Here ya go. Hope this helps with managing expectations for us all. Obviously because this is a different year, they could be doing things differently. In my interview they never mentioned the scoring for example, or the comparisons to previous years, just that they would be ranking each month.
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
Also just heads up that they require a $100 deposit to hold your seat in the accepted class- I sure didn’t know this until the letter comes in and it sure changes some of my decisions, hope it helps y’all too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lsg-premed
Full Member
Do they even send out any Rs before March?
.docloading
Full Member
Side note- its funny seeing
For post-interview I don't believe so.Do they even send out any Rs before March?
D
deleted1207294
Anyone know when next release date is?
lsg-premed
Full Member
I’d imagine sometime during the week of the 27thAnyone know when next release date is?
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Any current med students or applicants have an idea of how many students get accepted in March?
I think it just depends. After interviews, they rank people, and sometimes the top ones get accepted right away, like before the week is even over. The rest go into a pool, and they get picked based on their rank. Usually, at least one person from each interview group gets in.Any current med students or applicants have an idea of how many students get accepted in March?
There is just no way to tell. Be patient.
chronicallyonline
Full Member
Off the top of my head about half of the waitlist got an A. I was rejected first week of March, also the time you hear back A or WL. Up until that point I was getting “no change” statuses and I think that is fairly typical. You likely won’t hear an update until then.Any current med students or applicants have an idea of how many students get accepted in March?
D
deleted1194271
anyone who interviewed in january heard back yet? or have any idea when we could hear back?
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
I believe it is either tomorrow, or next week on Thursday.anyone who interviewed in january heard back yet? or have any idea when we could hear back?
D
deleted1194271
+1 status unchanged
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Does anybody know when you can get off the waitlist if you are put on the alternate list in March? Is it possible to hear back before May 1st if you have accepted an offer elsewhere?
D
deleted1207294
Anyone interview in November or earlier and have status unchanged still?
.docloading
Full Member
+1 status unchanged
Status unchanged. Wait until March squad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1194271
Does anyone know if we can still be accepted in March? Or does being unchanged now guarantee us on the waitlist?
+[emoji23[emoji[emoji642]44][emoji[emoji642]4[emoji641]]] unchanged
lsg-premed
Full Member
I looked through 23-24 sdn page and I didn’t see anyone saying they received an A during the March update (only Rs and WLs). But who really knows. GL to us allDoes anyone know if we can still be accepted in March? Or does being unchanged now guarantee us on the waitlist?
mango_maniac_man
New Member
OOS A!!!!!! This is actually my first acceptance and I couldn’t be happier!
D
deleted1194271
congrats! when did you interview if you dont mind me askingOOS A!!!!!! This is actually my first acceptance and I couldn’t be happier!
mango_maniac_man
New Member
congrats! when did you interview if you dont mind me asking
Sure! I interviewed 11/20
It was always a higher likelihood of being accepted in March as opposed to receiving early acceptance. In my interview group (very early in the cycle), they explicitly said they accept a tiny amount of applicants each month - like 7-10. Let's say 10 for estimate. Multiply that by 5 potential early acceptance opportunities (Oct. Nov. Dec. Jan. Feb) and that's 50 applicants, less than half the class size. They need to have accepted 128 by the March deadline, so at the minimum they need to take another ~80 applicants on the March release date assuming nobody declined their early acceptance spots (which is unlikely - early acceptances likely also got other offers). 128 initial As for ~400 interview slots is about 30% probability of acceptance by the March date, and that goes up to 50% when you consider waitlist movement. This is compared to the estimated 12.5% (50/400) probability of early acceptance. Take the difference for probability of March specific acceptance (~18%). I wouldn't put too much stock into not being accepted early.Does anyone know if we can still be accepted in March? Or does being unchanged now guarantee us on the waitlist?
OOS R, complete 8/14
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Is March 6th/7th the anticipated release date for acceptances? Or does anybody have any other information?
chronicallyonline
Full Member
Truethey don't accept letters of interest after your interview right?
There's currently 45 students in the Accepted GroupMe chat!It was always a higher likelihood of being accepted in March as opposed to receiving early acceptance. In my interview group (very early in the cycle), they explicitly said they accept a tiny amount of applicants each month - like 7-10. Let's say 10 for estimate. Multiply that by 5 potential early acceptance opportunities (Oct. Nov. Dec. Jan. Feb) and that's 50 applicants, less than half the class size. They need to have accepted 128 by the March deadline, so at the minimum they need to take another ~80 applicants on the March release date assuming nobody declined their early acceptance spots (which is unlikely - early acceptances likely also got other offers). 128 initial As for ~400 interview slots is about 30% probability of acceptance by the March date, and that goes up to 50% when you consider waitlist movement. This is compared to the estimated 12.5% (50/400) probability of early acceptance. Take the difference for probability of March specific acceptance (~18%). I wouldn't put too much stock into not being accepted early.
There's currently 45 students in the Accepted GroupMe chat!
I agree with this math but looking back at the past year's I didn't see anything. I'm trying to resist false hope!It was always a higher likelihood of being accepted in March as opposed to receiving early acceptance. In my interview group (very early in the cycle), they explicitly said they accept a tiny amount of applicants each month - like 7-10. Let's say 10 for estimate. Multiply that by 5 potential early acceptance opportunities (Oct. Nov. Dec. Jan. Feb) and that's 50 applicants, less than half the class size. They need to have accepted 128 by the March deadline, so at the minimum they need to take another ~80 applicants on the March release date assuming nobody declined their early acceptance spots (which is unlikely - early acceptances likely also got other offers). 128 initial As for ~400 interview slots is about 30% probability of acceptance by the March date, and that goes up to 50% when you consider waitlist movement. This is compared to the estimated 12.5% (50/400) probability of early acceptance. Take the difference for probability of March specific acceptance (~18%). I wouldn't put too much stock into not being accepted early.
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
I did reach out to their admissions, and they said most people will hear back the month that they interview, or in March. I do not think it is a bad idea to reach out to their admissions office, since they are really nice, and ask them when they plan on releasing acceptances next.I agree with this math but looking back at the past year's I didn't see anything. I'm trying to resist false hope!
I did reach out to their admissions, and they said most people will hear back the month that they interview, or in March. I do not think it is a bad idea to reach out to their admissions office, since they are really nice, and ask them when they plan on releasing acceptances next.
I interviewed their first week and been status unchanged since.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
yeah so i would not worry too much. if you dont get in the month you interviewed, you will hear back in March.
yeah so i would not worry too much. if you dont get in the month you interviewed, you will hear back in March.
Anyone know their thought process behind doing it this way? They’re the only school I know who does it and it seems really inefficient and stressful for no reason.
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
No clue; most schools usually have it set up where people who interview earlier hear back earlier, but this is the opposite. Theoretically, it should be the end of this week or next week when we hear back.Anyone know their thought process behind doing it this way? They’re the only school I know who does it and it seems really inefficient and stressful for no reason.
No clue; most schools usually have it set up where people who interview earlier hear back earlier, but this is the opposite. Theoretically, it should be the end of this week or next week when we hear back.
Yeah, likely next week I’d say. Sucks cause I’m gonna be flying out of the country that day [emoji85]. If I miss the call, they still email right?
Yeah, likely next week I’d say. Sucks cause I’m gonna be flying out of the country that day [emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]]. If I miss the call, they still email right?
I did not receive a call for both of my acceptances.
Edit:
No, I’ve yet to hear back from here.
Last edited: