You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Missouri - Columbia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
gracie.taylor
New Member
Does anyone know how soon they get back with a decision post interview? I have some acceptances, but they require deposits and this is my only MD interview so far. Thank you guys in advance.
They said they'd release decisions for interviewees towards the end of each month. If you interview towards the end of a month then you'd probably find out at the end of the subsequent month.Does anyone know how soon they get back with a decision post interview? I have some acceptances, but they require deposits and this is my only MD interview so far. Thank you guys in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Did anybody receive an email saying they were offered an interview, but they are not ready to schedule it yet?
"While we are excited to tell you this good news, we also wanted to let you know that we only schedule interviews about two- three weeks in advance, and schedule by application completion date."
Should I email them back, or has anybody received this email and then been given a date?
"While we are excited to tell you this good news, we also wanted to let you know that we only schedule interviews about two- three weeks in advance, and schedule by application completion date."
Should I email them back, or has anybody received this email and then been given a date?
mrwonderful0
Full Member
I know someone with the same email, no updates either. When were you complete?Did anybody receive an email saying they were offered an interview, but they are not ready to schedule it yet?
"While we are excited to tell you this good news, we also wanted to let you know that we only schedule interviews about two- three weeks in advance, and schedule by application completion date."
Should I email them back, or has anybody received this email and then been given a date?
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Around July 20-25th if I remember correctly.I know someone with the same email, no updates either. When were you complete?
poopydoops
Full Member
any OOS receive interview invite yet?
lsg-premed
Full Member
IS, good stats and ECs, still haven’t heard anything about an II. My secondary was submitted end of July.
.docloading
Full Member
OOS II Received 9/27 and completed 10/21. I have ties to MO (currently living here), but have not established residency.any OOS receive interview invite yet?
glittersparkles
Full Member
OOS form denied/R 10/24. primary submitted 9/13 and OOS form submitted 9/17
onthagrind77
Full Member
Updates at the end of each month for everyone who is interviewed:For the people that already interviewed, do you guys think we'll get an update email at the end of this month or next month?
Admitted
Under consideration
Rejected
Last edited:
mrwonderful0
Full Member
If you're not admitted that month they will send you an email stating "status unchanged". Rejections and waitlist decisions come out in March. This school will not release post interview rejections or waitlists before March. Expect an update email the last Thursday of each month.
onthagrind77
Full Member
My mistake. Thanks for the heads up!If you're not admitted that month they will send you an email stating "status unchanged". Rejections and waitlist decisions come out in March. This school will not release post interview rejections or waitlists before March. Expect an update email the last Thursday of each month.
corndogmillionaire
New Member
For those who have already interviewed, how was the experience and how would you recommend preparing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't say for everyone, but I had a great interview experience! I interviewed with 2 physicians, and they were all so nice. It was one of those things whether or not you're lucky to be paired with someone you'd click with. They asked me questions about my personal life as well as things I put on my application. There were also "Tell me about a time..." questions, just the traditional questions that you would be able to find if you did a quick Google search. For my first interviewer, I felt that he truly wanted to learn about me, my drive, my passion, my culture, etc. There were times when we did go off track haha.For those who have already interviewed, how was the experience and how would you recommend preparing?
I honestly didn't prepare much, but I had an idea of what I wanted to say. It was so much more natural that way, and I was able to hold a conversation with my interviewers rather than being so scripted. I was so nervous coming in, but I reminded myself that the schools sent me an interview invite, which meant that they could see me as a student at their school. Just be yourself!
corndogmillionaire
New Member
Thanks for the advice and congrats on having such a great interview!I can't say for everyone, but I had a great interview experience! I interviewed with 2 physicians, and they were all so nice. It was one of those things whether or not you're lucky to be paired with someone you'd click with. They asked me questions about my personal life as well as things I put on my application. There were also "Tell me about a time..." questions, just the traditional questions that you would be able to find if you did a quick Google search. For my first interviewer, I felt that he truly wanted to learn about me, my drive, my passion, my culture, etc. There were times when we did go off track haha.
I honestly didn't prepare much, but I had an idea of what I wanted to say. It was so much more natural that way, and I was able to hold a conversation with my interviewers rather than being so scripted. I was so nervous coming in, but I reminded myself that the schools sent me an interview invite, which meant that they could see me as a student at their school. Just be yourself!
Could start seeing some tomorrowany ideas on when we should start seeing more As
.docloading
Full Member
I believe last Thursday of every month are the decisions.any ideas on when we should start seeing more As
lsg-premed
Full Member
Should I consider this a silent R if I haven’t heard anything since I submitted secondary at the end of July?
mrwonderful0
Full Member
no… they give out interviews all the way until March.Should I consider this a silent R if I haven’t heard anything since I submitted secondary at the end of July?
Not sure but I'd estimate starting the afternoon. Would be very surprised if they started sending anything out before lunch.What time will they send stuff today?
Interesting. I think there's enough different in this cycle compared to last (I'm pretty sure they started even later last year), but I interviewed the week of 9/30 and they said end of the month which I think tracks with how they've done it before since I think the adcom meets on ThursdaysBased on last years replies and my knowledge, acceptances go out around 10 am. status unchanged emails around 12pm or sometime in afternoon. I honestly don’t know if they’re gonna release decisions today. I interviewed the week of the 14th and they said it would be “a significant amount of time” before we heard anything back. So possibly around mid to late November.
I opened the Mizzou Med secondary application link and went to application status. It says “Thank you for interview with Mizzou Med. Admissions decisions will be sent out Mid March.” Anyone else? [mention]tennislegend203 [/mention] [mention]dbz_gohan [/mention]
mrwonderful0
Full Member
Yea it says that on mine too. It just means final decisions (A, WL, or R) are sent in Mid March, assuming you aren’t accepted in the time till then.I opened the Mizzou Med secondary application link and went to application status. It says “Thank you for interview with Mizzou Med. Admissions decisions will be sent out Mid March.” Anyone else? [mention]tennislegend203 [/mention] [mention]dbz_gohan [/mention]
Yea it says that on mine too. It just means final decisions (A, WL, or R) are sent in Mid March, assuming you aren’t accepted in the time till then.
Oh well, thanks for letting me know. I do wonder though, would they send us a status unchanged email today or not?
mrwonderful0
Full Member
I mean if they do end up sending us one then I would assume some others got the acceptance call today.Oh well, thanks for letting me know. I do wonder though, would they send us a status unchanged email today or not?
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
They still have not sent me a specific date to interview, they have only said that they are offering me an interview. Is anybody else in that same position?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
I emailed them 7 days ago but no response...@Bob Shiggle I'd recommend reaching out to them. @lostvoyager same on my page.
mrwonderful0
Full Member
wow congrats man!!! staying hopeful 🙂Got the A email just now! Good luck everybody!
Kataclysm
New Member
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing when you interviewed?Got the A email just now! Good luck everybody!
10/9 I believe.Congratulations! Would you mind sharing when you interviewed?
Got the A email just now! Good luck everybody!
Congrats! Now you got me hopeful because I’m within your timeframe
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Congrats! What are your stats, and when did you submit, if you don't mind me asking.10/9 I believe.
onthagrind77
Full Member
+IS A [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Congrats! What are your stats, and when did you submit, if you don't mind me asking?+IS A [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
+IS A [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
Congrats king! When did you interview if you don’t mind?
onthagrind77
Full Member
~1-2 weeks agoCongrats king! When did you interview if you don’t mind?
mrwonderful0
Full Member
was it email or phone call A notification?~1-2 weeks ago
~1-2 weeks ago
Wow! You must be such a stellar candidate!
If we don’t hear back by late evening, do we receive a “status unchanged” email or no?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mrwonderful0
Full Member
Yea atp if we haven’t received anything i’m gonna assume status unchangedIf we don’t hear back by late evening, do we receive a “status unchanged” email or no?
Yea atp if we haven’t received anything i’m gonna assume status unchanged
I didn’t hear no bell [emoji30]
I haven't heard from them either 🙃I didn’t hear no bell [emoji30]
Kataclysm
New Member
Yeah, me too. Tonight is Halloween night, and people at my work went home early. They might have done the same in the admissions office, which I would not blame them for at all.Yea atp if we haven’t received anything i’m gonna assume status unchanged
onthagrind77
Full Member
was it email or phone call A notification?