You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Withdrew OOS A! Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With all of these dropped A, praying for one tommorow 🙏
D
deleted1174838
Was on DD, withdrew app today. Good luck all!
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
probably doing the same today. hope whatever my fate was here goes to someone! (as long as it was good lol).Was on DD, withdrew app today. Good luck all!
toxvermont
Full Member
You guys think the DD people will hear back tomorrow or Friday? Or maybe pushed to next week?
Fellow applicant here! I'm pretty sure the PTE student List gets released to schools on Friday... At earliest, Friday, but I think most likely next week if I were to guess.You guys think the DD people will hear back tomorrow or Friday? Or maybe pushed to next week?
outfishing
Full Member
Happy Thursday after April 30 to all of us in DD purgatory... ! 😊
Bagel Enjoyer
Full Member
OOS A from DD this morning. Withdrew, best of luck to everyone waiting!
OOS DD -> A as well!
detailgranola_
New Member
OOS DD to A earlier today - will be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone!!!
neuro-nerd
New Member
OOS DD --> A today, will be accepting!
accepteduvmer
New Member
Hi is there an accepted students group? Thanks!
outfishing
Full Member
WL just now 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctordoctordoctor27
Full Member
Just withdrew my waitlist. Good luck you all!
crazymolecule4
Full Member
WL. Around 12pm PST. Going to be withdrawing from it! Good luck everyone!
D
deleted1215308
OOS WL
bnardblues
Full Member
OOS WL!
toxvermont
Full Member
IS WL after being on DD since [emoji2397]/6/24. These people make me sick.
toxvermont
Full Member
IS WL after being on DD since [emoji2397]/6/24. These people make me sick.
The admissions practices at this school are actually insane. At best, they are unprofessional. At worst, they are predatory.
NSFF
Full Member
sorry, somehow i couldnt see the month of your DD date, it just shows a broken emoji instead. were you also DD in Dec?The admissions practices at this school are actually insane. At best, they are unprofessional. At worst, they are predatory.
toxvermont
Full Member
sorry, somehow i couldnt see the month of your DD date, it just shows a broken emoji instead. were you also DD in Dec?
I interviewed September 6th, which I believe was their first or second interview week. I was placed in DD the first week of October
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Damn I was complaining about being DD since January. October is BSI interviewed September 6th, which I believe was their first or second interview week. I was placed in DD the first week of October
toxvermont
Full Member
Damn I was complaining about being DD since January. October is BS
Yes, and not for nothing, I went to UVM for undergrad. Since finishing in 2022, I have been living and working for the local FQHC, helping care for the community they serve full time.
orthobro12
Full Member
+1 OOS WL, interviewed in September and DD in October
herewegouhoh
New Member
+1 oos wl, interview early Jan, dd in early March.
custardrepeat
Full Member
OOS WL, interviewed 1/10, DD 3/6
Valerianux
Full Member
is there a group me for vermont yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
downbadcrying@thelab
New Member
OOS WL this afternoon, interviewed 2/7, will be declining! Godspeed y’all 🫡
accepteduvmer
New Member
I haven't seen someone post about it. I might make one if no one repliesis there a group me for vermont yet?
Just a current M1 here to give some hope to folks on DD.
I interviewed on Feb 12 and stayed on DD til the May 1st-3rd WL til May 18th when I received my A. Classmates who matriculated with me didn't get their A until mid-June. If Vermont is in your heart, don't give up til the end. Our admissions team is notoriously slow on the A, unfortunately. 🙁
I interviewed on Feb 12 and stayed on DD til the May 1st-3rd WL til May 18th when I received my A. Classmates who matriculated with me didn't get their A until mid-June. If Vermont is in your heart, don't give up til the end. Our admissions team is notoriously slow on the A, unfortunately. 🙁
I totally understand why you feel this way. When I was on DD/WL it felt like they were personally fking with me and playing with my heart. I didn't hear *anything* until February and had my pre-app fully prepped by April. With some distance from the admissions process now, I think it makes sense for the type of school LCOM is, tbh.The admissions practices at this school are actually insane. At best, they are unprofessional. At worst, they are predatory.
A lot of my classmates had 1A, to LCOM only, and didn't get the A until May or later. Very few people who want to go to school in NE have VT as their top choice or even top couple of choices. My theory is that they intentionally wait because they know a lot of people are going to drop for a higher choice on their list and they want to reduce the amount of time they waste on those folks.
This is anecdotal, but the admissions team does seem very receptive to heartfelt letters. I got accepted like 5 days after I sent one talking about my love of the state, traveling from my current state to get married here, and how my family hopes to settle here and serve Vermonters in the future (in addition to actual relevant update information). At Orientation, one of the admissions team members mentioned how touching my letter was to me directly. Two friends have a similar story about a rapid conversion of letter->A. If you haven't sent one, shoot your shot in the next week or two. They'll be dropping a lot of As over the next month.
If I already sent a letter of intent when I was on DD, should I send another letter? Vermont is my top school but I'm not sure I really have any other updates other than reaffirming my interest
toxvermont
Full Member
I totally understand why you feel this way. When I was on DD/WL it felt like they were personally fking with me and playing with my heart. I didn't hear *anything* until February and had my pre-app fully prepped by April. With some distance from the admissions process now, I think it makes sense for the type of school LCOM is, tbh.
A lot of my classmates had 1A, to LCOM only, and didn't get the A until May or later. Very few people who want to go to school in NE have VT as their top choice or even top couple of choices. My theory is that they intentionally wait because they know a lot of people are going to drop for a higher choice on their list and they want to reduce the amount of time they waste on those folks.
This is anecdotal, but the admissions team does seem very receptive to heartfelt letters. I got accepted like 5 days after I sent one talking about my love of the state, traveling from my current state to get married here, and how my family hopes to settle here and serve Vermonters in the future (in addition to actual relevant update information). At Orientation, one of the admissions team members mentioned how touching my letter was to me directly. Two friends have a similar story about a rapid conversion of letter->A. If you haven't sent one, shoot your shot in the next week or two. They'll be dropping a lot of As over the next month.
DD to WL yesterday to A today. First A of the cycle for me. I feel silly for whining on this thread yesterday (certified crash out for sure). The whiplash is crazy tho haha
accepteduvmer
New Member
There is actually a facebook page link in one of the emails they sent out
Last edited:
I think I sent one after interview, DD, and WL.If I already sent a letter of intent when I was on DD, should I send another letter? Vermont is my top school but I'm not sure I really have any other updates other than reaffirming my interest
Congratulations!!! I'll see you in August!DD to WL yesterday to A today. First A of the cycle for me. I feel silly for whining on this thread yesterday (certified crash out for sure). The whiplash is crazy tho haha
Relaxative
Full Member
OOS A! I am thrilled. It has been a long, long road. I am wishing the best for everyone else who is still waiting!
crazymolecule4
Full Member
Just withdrew my WL spot! Good luck to everyone still waiting!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
feebletuna
New Member
Just withdrew my A, good luck friends!! 🫡
OOS A received 10 min ago!! Interviewed 12/13/24, DD 3/6/25, WL 5/1/25
Relaxative
Full Member
Do any current UVM medical students have insight to share about JumpStart VIC before orientation? Is it best to attend this in-person?
I got a lot of value of going in person. Good way to learn the campus and meet some of your classmates + seniors!Do any current UVM medical students have insight to share about JumpStart VIC before orientation? Is it best to attend this in-person?
Also the professor who teaches it teaches the first semester course.
Also had a question about this! Wanted to do in person but have a week where I have to go back home (my mom is having surgery). Do you know if it'd be worth it to reach out and ask if I can attend part of it virtually and be there otherwise?I got a lot of value of going in person. Good way to learn the campus and meet some of your classmates + seniors!
Also the professor who teaches it teaches the first semester course.