You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
doublebungus
New Member
Yea my money is on 4/10, 4/3 seems too early. They seemed pretty confident on the "mid-april" timeline.Based on cycle track it seems like it’s usually on thursdays? I feel like it could be 4/3 or 4/10?? No idea though 😭Yea
toxvermont
Full Member
How long is UVM allowed to keep me on DD until they WL/A/R me? UVM undergrad, interviewed September, DD October, sent letter of high interest January. Still nothing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was on DD my first app cycle until April, where I was moved onto WL until June. Also a UVM grad, my advice for you would be to not tell UVM's premed advisor anything if you have gotten into other schools because she actively talks to the UVM admissions committee.How long is UVM allowed to keep me on DD until they WL/A/R me? UVM undergrad, interviewed September, DD October, sent letter of high interest January. Still nothing.
toxvermont
Full Member
Thanks for the advice! She’s actually been super helpful for me, I’ve been meeting with her for a long time and is very supportive of my application this cycle. I shouldn’t have to worry about her saying anything to the committee bc I only have a waitlist at other schools rn lolol
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Yea lol. They have no problem sending those emails but have me waiting 2.5 months on a decision.Just got trolled by the underrepresented in medicine panel email…. This wait is excruciating😭
toxvermont
Full Member
Tmr fingers crossed they put out more decisions. I’m tired of being on DD!
I would bet they do decisions tmr, they said at my interview day on 2/12 that they wanted to get the decisions out in time for us to make the 4/30 CYMS decision, as well as figure out if we r attending the second look day. I'm praying for that A, after 6 WL and 1 ghost, this might be my last shot at an MD A.
HAHAHAHA literally me plz Vermont release me from the shackles of this purgatoryDon’t mind me, just refreshing my email every 5 min🙈 it’s been 2 months I need to be put out of my misery🧎♀
Just now? When was ur ii date?
doublebungus
New Member
Just got OOS DD.
+1 OOS DD, basically waitlist #7. I’m so cooked
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
downbadcrying@thelab
New Member
Same. Not sure why they're still doing DD in mid April tbhJust got OOS DD.
crazymolecule4
Full Member
+1 DD! Interviewed end of Feb.
crazymolecule4
Full Member
Will those of us on DD be waitlisted before the 30th?
neuro-nerd
New Member
Anyone else confused as to why we're getting DD in Mid-April? In the email it says to continue updating them with activities, but I've already sent multiple updates...not sure what else to say. Also what is the difference between DD and WL?
toxvermont
Full Member
Realistically how long can I be kept on DD before I get a true decision??? I’ve been sitting on this list since the first week of October and sent update letter in January. This is starting to get actually disrespectful as someone who attended their undergrad.
Maybe there'll be movement next week after the 15th when people drop some A'sRealistically how long can I be kept on DD before I get a true decision??? I’ve been sitting on this list since the first week of October and sent update letter in January. This is starting to get actually disrespectful as someone who attended their undergrad.
doublebungus
New Member
Yea I was really hype going off the admit.org data showing the 56% acceptance rate post interview. Not sure if I can leave the southeast and move to Vermont if they accept me in July 😵💫
The OTC
Full Member
They should hit yall with a final decision before april 30th (most likely WL or R) since that is the PTE deadline for many programs.Realistically how long can I be kept on DD before I get a true decision??? I’ve been sitting on this list since the first week of October and sent update letter in January. This is starting to get actually disrespectful as someone who attended their undergrad.
stopwings
New Member
2/7! Sent a LOI like a week after interviewing tooJust now? When was ur ii date?
Dipperpines26
New Member
In case anyone is interested, I was interviewed October 9th, got DD'd on December 19(ish), and have been DD since. At first I thought I would have an answer, but now that its been so long (6 months post interview at this point).
I decided to do some digging. Last year, everybody put on the DD list (but who weren't accepted before April 30) were kept there until they were officially waitlisted May 2 (the first Thursday of May right after the April 30 deadline). This year, I anticipate the same thing, except students on the DD who aren't accepted will be waitlisted May 1 (the first Thursday of the month which keeps in line with the cycle results coming out on Thursdays each time). Last year there were some acceptances on May 2.
To confirm this, I emailed the admissions team about the timeline, and they said that anyone who is DD who has not been accepted by April 30th will be moved to the waitlist. However, it seems there will be no official designation other than DD until May 1.
But fret not my fellow med school applicants! When you look at admit.org to the other profiles that were accepted to Vermont, 9/12 public profiles were accepted to high level programs (BU, Tufts, UCSD/UCI/UCLA, etc). I anticipate many others who were accepted will end up withdrwaing their acceptance and there will be many moved from the waitlist to accepted. I went back and looked at last year and there were at least 3 people on the SDN forums under the vermont post who mentioned that they withdrew their acceptance to vermont. At the same time, on that May 2 day as people were waitlisted, there were a couple people that mentioned getting an A. After that, it looks like there will be another acceptance day around May12-13 or so, as last year there were 8 people on SDN who posted that they got off the waitlist on May13/14.
Point is, just because you don't hear anything right now, and just because you get waitlisted in May, does not mean you will be rejected from this school. If I have to guess, around 25-33% of waitlisted applicants will end up with an A. Don't get me wrong, many will be rejected in the end, but this isn't the end for us!
I decided to do some digging. Last year, everybody put on the DD list (but who weren't accepted before April 30) were kept there until they were officially waitlisted May 2 (the first Thursday of May right after the April 30 deadline). This year, I anticipate the same thing, except students on the DD who aren't accepted will be waitlisted May 1 (the first Thursday of the month which keeps in line with the cycle results coming out on Thursdays each time). Last year there were some acceptances on May 2.
To confirm this, I emailed the admissions team about the timeline, and they said that anyone who is DD who has not been accepted by April 30th will be moved to the waitlist. However, it seems there will be no official designation other than DD until May 1.
But fret not my fellow med school applicants! When you look at admit.org to the other profiles that were accepted to Vermont, 9/12 public profiles were accepted to high level programs (BU, Tufts, UCSD/UCI/UCLA, etc). I anticipate many others who were accepted will end up withdrwaing their acceptance and there will be many moved from the waitlist to accepted. I went back and looked at last year and there were at least 3 people on the SDN forums under the vermont post who mentioned that they withdrew their acceptance to vermont. At the same time, on that May 2 day as people were waitlisted, there were a couple people that mentioned getting an A. After that, it looks like there will be another acceptance day around May12-13 or so, as last year there were 8 people on SDN who posted that they got off the waitlist on May13/14.
Point is, just because you don't hear anything right now, and just because you get waitlisted in May, does not mean you will be rejected from this school. If I have to guess, around 25-33% of waitlisted applicants will end up with an A. Don't get me wrong, many will be rejected in the end, but this isn't the end for us!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cutie3141592
Full Member
Hi everyone I'm a M1 just started spring break so I have some time if anyone has questions! I got in off the waitlist in May last year so all the DD people I understand your pain! Feel free to message me!
cutie3141592
Full Member
In case anyone is interested, I was interviewed October 9th, got DD'd on December 19(ish), and have been DD since. At first I thought I would have an answer, but now that its been so long (6 months post interview at this point).
I decided to do some digging. Last year, everybody put on the DD list (but who weren't accepted before April 30) were kept there until they were officially waitlisted May 2 (the first Thursday of May right after the April 30 deadline). This year, I anticipate the same thing, except students on the DD who aren't accepted will be waitlisted May 1 (the first Thursday of the month which keeps in line with the cycle results coming out on Thursdays each time). Last year there were some acceptances on May 2.
To confirm this, I emailed the admissions team about the timeline, and they said that anyone who is DD who has not been accepted by April 30th will be moved to the waitlist. However, it seems there will be no official designation other than DD until May 1.
But fret not my fellow med school applicants! When you look at admit.org to the other profiles that were accepted to Vermont, 9/12 public profiles were accepted to high level programs (BU, Tufts, UCSD/UCI/UCLA, etc). I anticipate many others who were accepted will end up withdrwaing their acceptance and there will be many moved from the waitlist to accepted. I went back and looked at last year and there were at least 3 people on the SDN forums under the vermont post who mentioned that they withdrew their acceptance to vermont. At the same time, on that May 2 day as people were waitlisted, there were a couple people that mentioned getting an A. After that, it looks like there will be another acceptance day around May12-13 or so, as last year there were 8 people on SDN who posted that they got off the waitlist on May13/14.
Point is, just because you don't hear anything right now, and just because you get waitlisted in May, does not mean you will be rejected from this school. If I have to guess, around 25-33% of waitlisted applicants will end up with an A. Don't get me wrong, many will be rejected in the end, but this isn't the end for us!
Most of my friends and I came off the waitlist! Stay strong and optimistic!
toxvermont
Full Member
They got me with another one of their LGBTQ+ affinity panel reminder emails [emoji24]
3rdtimescharm
New Member
Wording of it also giving false hope imo. “During this event, accepted students…”They got me with another one of their LGBTQ+ affinity panel reminder emails [emoji24]
Dipperpines26
New Member
Its genuinely so crazy that they not only don't really send out decisions until much much later... but also trick us with these panels. They need a different email account or something which sends those notifications.They got me with another one of their LGBTQ+ affinity panel reminder emails [emoji24]
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Interviewed late January and they said decisions by March. But realistically we won’t hear until may. This school is low on my list, but the post interview experience makes it even lower for me.Its genuinely so crazy that they not only don't really send out decisions until much much later... but also trick us with these panels. They need a different email account or something which sends those notifications.
+1 in DD purgatory from last week are we all just destined to wait every Thursday for an update on our fates?😵💫
outfishing
Full Member
Every single thursday I say to myself "today is tHUrsDaY 😵" and every thursday I am disappointed+1 in DD purgatory from last week are we all just destined to wait every Thursday for an update on our fates?😵💫
I have withdrawn my A. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist or DD. I was in your shoes during my first application cycle; it was a long haul but it will all be worth it in the end 🙂
inthetrees
Full Member
OOS A! I was put on DD last week (4/10 I think). I probably will be withdrawing my application. Best of luck everyone!
toxvermont
Full Member
OOS A! I was put on DD last week (4/10 I think). I probably will be withdrawing my application. Best of luck everyone!
Was this email sent out today?
Ngl I’m so jealous, I was DD last week and just keep praying that someone will gimme that A
ifinallydidit
New Member
+1 OOS A, accepted it today!!! 🤩
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my A here! GL to the WLers!
cheesegirlpuff
Full Member
Just withdrew my A. Good luck!
Valerianux
Full Member
I have a question, if I’m on DD here but was accept at another school, can I still PTE at that other school while I wait for Vermont to give me their final decision? Only reason I’m holding out is bc that other school gave me zero aid so I’m hoping Vermont will at least give me a little but I still have to PTE at the other school by April [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]th
toxvermont
Full Member
I have a question, if I’m on DD here but was accept at another school, can I still PTE at that other school while I wait for Vermont to give me their final decision? Only reason I’m holding out is bc that other school gave me zero aid so I’m hoping Vermont will at least give me a little but I still have to PTE at the other school by April 30th
I believe you only have to withdraw from other schools at PTE if you have multiple acceptances. For example, if someone has two As and a WL (or in this case a DD), they will have to withdraw one A and PTE at the other, but may stay on that WL. At least, this is the way it has been explained to me.