2025-2026 Liberty University (LUCOM)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
schools.studentdoctor.net

Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine​

Review of Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine . Get the latest information, opinions of fellow students, and LizzyM and SDN Rankings.
schools.studentdoctor.net
schools.studentdoctor.net
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II 7/23 woo! At least I think so, I got the "we will send you instructions tomorrow morning" email
 
Does anyone know the international student acceptance stats at the school? Can't seem to find anything

Idk for sure but I would definitely apply here if I were you. The school is desperate enough that they’re sending unsolicited emails asking students to apply, just like the Caribbean schools do.
 
Last edited:
Idk for sure but I would definitely apply here if I were you. The school is desperate enough that they’re unsolicited emails asking students to apply, just like the caribbean schools do.
Except they don’t sponsor international visas so I don’t know how that would work?
 
Idk for sure but I would definitely apply here if I were you. The school is desperate enough that they’re sending unsolicited emails asking students to apply, just like the Caribbean schools do.
Thanks. I did apply. I'm in asylum pending status so I wouldn't need sponsorship but technically still would be an "international student."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No! but the secondary is attached to the primary, so they just give you the interview offer. congrats on the II!! lmk if you have any questions im an incoming OMS-1 for this school
Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the program - why you chose it, if the religious component/environment is strong (like the rest of Liberty I suppose)... I am nonreligious and fairly liberal socially/politically, so I am a bit hesitant. Would be happy to direct message if you prefer!
 
Hi! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the program - why you chose it, if the religious component/environment is strong (like the rest of Liberty I suppose)... I am nonreligious and fairly liberal socially/politically, so I am a bit hesitant. Would be happy to direct message if you prefer!
I am not super religious and i am also left leaning. I would say that the school is religious (obviously) and "conservative" but NOT by the current definition. I'm a black woman and I don't feel any racist transphobic homophobic vibes here. The faculty here is probably the best you're going to find anywhere; they really and truly care for their students. Theres also poc faculty and students. Multiple people of other religions and there's lgbt here too. Students are taught to not be bigoted in any way! I would not say that LUCOM is anything like liberty undergrad, maybe a super watered down and more normal version? Politics play no part in lecture or anything and the most we do is pray before exams or classes which i like! The school is great tho i like it here a lot, especially compared to the undergrad which i do not like lol

The education is also real good imo, i just finished my first block and my professors helped a LOT

overall my rating of the school is a hot 8/10 minimum and i would not change my choice. most of the points are due to the quality of education and how much everyone cares for you!
 
I am not super religious and i am also left leaning. I would say that the school is religious (obviously) and "conservative" but NOT by the current definition. I'm a black woman and I don't feel any racist transphobic homophobic vibes here. The faculty here is probably the best you're going to find anywhere; they really and truly care for their students. Theres also poc faculty and students. Multiple people of other religions and there's lgbt here too. Students are taught to not be bigoted in any way! I would not say that LUCOM is anything like liberty undergrad, maybe a super watered down and more normal version? Politics play no part in lecture or anything and the most we do is pray before exams or classes which i like! The school is great tho i like it here a lot, especially compared to the undergrad which i do not like lol

The education is also real good imo, i just finished my first block and my professors helped a LOT

overall my rating of the school is a hot 8/10 minimum and i would not change my choice. most of the points are due to the quality of education and how much everyone cares for you!
Thank you SO much for sharing all of that. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable applying to hear this from a current student! Good luck with your first year - it sounds like you've found a wonderful and supportive environment 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not super religious and i am also left leaning. I would say that the school is religious (obviously) and "conservative" but NOT by the current definition. I'm a black woman and I don't feel any racist transphobic homophobic vibes here. The faculty here is probably the best you're going to find anywhere; they really and truly care for their students. Theres also poc faculty and students. Multiple people of other religions and there's lgbt here too. Students are taught to not be bigoted in any way! I would not say that LUCOM is anything like liberty undergrad, maybe a super watered down and more normal version? Politics play no part in lecture or anything and the most we do is pray before exams or classes which i like! The school is great tho i like it here a lot, especially compared to the undergrad which i do not like lol

The education is also real good imo, i just finished my first block and my professors helped a LOT

overall my rating of the school is a hot 8/10 minimum and i would not change my choice. most of the points are due to the quality of education and how much everyone cares for you!
Hi! This is such great information! Do you feel they have a fair remediation policy? Have a lot of students been dismissed from the program or are they pretty supportive?
 
Hi! This is such great information! Do you feel they have a fair remediation policy? Have a lot of students been dismissed from the program or are they pretty supportive?
The remediation policy is fair, idk if im allowed to tell you it, but most students do pretty damn well in the class haha
 
The remediation policy is fair, idk if im allowed to tell you it, but most students do pretty damn well in the class haha
It’s available in the catalog online so I’d hope there’s no issue sharing it lol I just didn’t see it until now 🙂 that’s good to hear! I know some schools are really struggling right now
 
Liberty will always be liberty.

You are not wrong! I do not support Liberties undergrad, I support the med school tho, and you dont HAVE to apply here if you dont want to! It is your choice. The education and support being top notch here is a fact of the matter though
 
Just gently pointing out: the medical school is run by the same company as the undergrad school. There is no difference. It is the same exact leadership and parent company.
There are most certainly differences in how the undergrad and med school are ran....................You cannot tell me there are no differences when IM the one attending lol
 
Just gently pointing out: the medical school is run by the same company as the undergrad school. There is no difference. It is the same exact leadership and parent company.
To be fair there are 201 other medical schools you can apply to. This is what they are about so just don't apply it's literally one school out of 202. So many options available.
 
To be fair there are 201 other medical schools you can apply to. This is what they are about so just don't apply it's literally one school out of 202. So many options available.

Totally agree. It’s who they are (and honestly as a believer in Jesus Christ, that’s fine with me). I’m just saying, let’s not pretend like it’s not who they are. @isabelle_enjoyer just started there a couple months ago, but my family has been going there for over 20 years. Sister and brother-in-law have box seats at the football stadium. Just took this pic last week driving by the med school:

IMG_1305.jpeg


Long story short, we know the school well. Sister has met Falwell (rip). The box my sister has is next door to professors. The medical school and undergrad are all under the same parent company. No difference.
 
Totally agree. It’s who they are (and honestly as a believer in Jesus Christ, that’s fine with me). I’m just saying, let’s not pretend like it’s not who they are. @isabelle_enjoyer just started there a couple months ago, but my family has been going there for over 20 years. Sister and brother-in-law have box seats at the football stadium. Just took this pic last week driving by the med school:

View attachment 410231

Long story short, we know the school well. Sister has met Falwell (rip). The box my sister has is next door to professors. The medical school and undergrad are all under the same parent company. No difference.
I am not new to liberty, ive been born and raised in Virginia, literally everyone who goes to college in VA knows about liberties undergrad, and like i said IM attending the school! I know multiple people who have attended liberties undergrad, and even those who attended the undergrad and the med school, they would agree with me. My professors and faculty have nothing to do with the transgender professor that lost their job at the undergrad. Them having the same parent company does not mean there are no differences between the med school and undergrad.............................there are multiple, the lifestyle of undergrad and the med school are barely comparable, (for example there are significantly less "rules" in the med school compared to undergrad) which is what the people in this thread are asking.

Your opinion is not invalid! But neither is mine! If you dont want to attend LUCOM, then dont! But please dont say that they're the exact same, that's disingenuous! End of discussion, good luck to those applying this cycle!
 
You are not wrong! I do not support Liberties undergrad, I support the med school tho, and you dont HAVE to apply here if you dont want to! It is your choice. The education and support being top notch here is a fact of the matter though
Not to completely derail the discussion, but I’ve heard this time and time again from students at LUCOM, so that’s very encouraging! Especially when a lot of schools lack the support and encouragement. It seems they really want their students to do well, which is amazing!
 
Not to completely derail the discussion, but I’ve heard this time and time again from students at LUCOM, so that’s very encouraging! Especially when a lot of schools lack the support and encouragement. It seems they really want their students to do well, which is amazing!
Yes, ill tell you this, i struggled in anatomy, it was hard for me to figure out what study method worked. For the last exam, the lead anatomy professor sat me down and made me do a bunch of practice questions, ALONG with meeting beforehand to brainstorm ways to study that will work for me. I ended up getting a 91 on the last exam LMAO My professor wanted to make sure that me in particular figured out how to study asap!

IDK if other schools have professors that care enough to do all that, but LUCOM is certainly one of them!
 
Hi everyone, I'm super grateful to have received an OOS/International II for early December. Since I would be flying in, I'm worried if I would be interviewing for a waitlist position at that point?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I'm super grateful to have received an OOS/International II for early December. Since I would be flying in, I'm worried if I would be interviewing for a waitlist position at that point?
it greatly depends on the year, but i would not assume that you're interviewing for a waitlist. I believe i interviewed January 20th of this year and got an A quickly, just do great on the interview and you'll be good!
 
How long would you all wait before contacting admissions after submitting via AACOMAS? I was thinking about sending a quick email to just confirm they received my application. Looking over older posts it seems like most people hear back with an interview invite within a few weeks. I don't want to be annoying but I'm getting anxious over here lol.
 
How long would you all wait before contacting admissions after submitting via AACOMAS? I was thinking about sending a quick email to just confirm they received my application. Looking over older posts it seems like most people hear back with an interview invite within a few weeks. I don't want to be annoying but I'm getting anxious over here lol.
Just a heads up: Their admissions team has never replied back to any of my emails to date. I gave up my application here because of that. I would just straight up call them