You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ILoveFelines03
Full Member
Anyone have interview tips?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chicagopackerfan
Full Member
+ 1 IS II!
thestrugglingpremedd
Full Member
+1 OOS II
ILoveFelines03
Full Member
+1 IS A!
iamcherryyy
Full Member
Hi! Would you be willing to share any interview tips for CCOM? Or things you did specifically that you think helped you? Congrats!!+1 IS A!
Wobblediddle
New Member
Hi! Current CCOM OMS-1 here 🙂 It's not a stressful interview. If nothing has changed, your interview will be with two people (a faculty member and a physician). You'll get an overview of the school first, take a tour, the Dean might stop by, you'll have lunch with current students. There will be a good amount of downtime on interview day. Know your "why"... that will come up.Just be yourself (I know, easier said than done when the pressure is on).Hi! Would you be willing to share any interview tips for CCOM? Or things you did specifically that you think helped you? Congrats!!
ILoveFelines03
Full Member
I second what Wobblediddle said 🙂 Also the CCOM Interview question list on SDN was very very useful: https://www.studentdoctor.net/schoo...osteopathic-medicine-of-midwestern-universityHi! Would you be willing to share any interview tips for CCOM? Or things you did specifically that you think helped you? Congrats!!
If you practice that + standard interview questions (Why us, why doctor, why DO, etc.) + be prepared to explain your activities, you should be all set! Good luck, and yeah, it was a very low-pressure interview for me.
khannbushra
Full Member
For those who got the A, did you interview in person or virtual?
iamcherryyy
Full Member
+1 IS A!
khannbushra
Full Member
Congrats!!+1 IS A!
FLOWER35609
New Member
is there an accepted student gc
khannbushra
Full Member
+ 1 IS R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wondering as wellis there an accepted student gc
Maidenless??
Full Member
OOS II today
qwertytrewqwerty
New Member
Is there anything we need to do beyond paying the deposit and confirming the background check request once accepted? Is there anything in AACOMAS?
Maidenless??
Full Member
+1 OOS A! Interviewed on 02/25.
biggestbird_
New Member
+1 OOS A! Interviewed 2/12
RoxPar9999
New Member
+1 IS A!! Got the A yesterday, interviewed 1/29! Yay! Also wondering if there’s an accepted student groupme!
Maidenless??
Full Member
is there a groupme for accepted students? IS A
I don’t think there is a GroupMe currently+1 IS A!! Got the A yesterday, interviewed 1/29! Yay! Also wondering if there’s an accepted student groupme!
are there any current students who can share their perspective on the educational environment at CCOM? i understand the curriculum is graded and testing is quite often, so I’m curious how that structure affects the overall atmosphere among students and workload balance. would you advise students to go to a p/f school?
4th year here. Feel free to PM meare there any current students who can share their perspective on the educational environment at CCOM? i understand the curriculum is graded and testing is quite often, so I’m curious how that structure affects the overall atmosphere among students and workload balance. would you advise students to go to a p/f school?
Maidenless??
Full Member
I made a GroupMe for the incoming class: GroupMe - Join the group for CCOM Class of 2030
potatofarmer17
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance today as I have been accepted to another program. Hopefully someone gets some good news soon!
substancial white
Full Member
how long did it take for people to hear back from them generally?
got my A 3 weeks post interviewhow long did it take for people to hear back from them generally?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medstudent1525
Full Member
I was recently accepted here, but also have acceptances to other good DO schools (CUSOM for example). Do you guys think the high tuition for this school is worth it over other programs?
Maidenless??
Full Member
I'm considering it over RVU-CO just for location preference. I have family in the Chicago area but would likely still need to get an apartment cause the commute would be too long. Idk how much free time we have in med school to have fun, but Chicago >> Denver.I was recently accepted here, but also have acceptances to other good DO schools (CUSOM for example). Do you guys think the high tuition for this school is worth it over other programs?
does anyone have any tips/advice for interviewing? still haven’t gotten decisions from other places I’ve interviewed yet, and I have a ccom interview coming up soon and it happens my top choice 🙂
abhi_k_jswl
New Member
Hi do you mind if I ask when you applied and your STATS? I have heard a lot of people say its very much conversational and low anxiety.
avoid this place like the plague for the tuition. They have actually done pretty well recently in terms of matching into competitive places, but any good DO school can give you that bare minimum level of opportunity because it is mostly student dependent. Honestly though the cost is astronomical and with the new rules regarding loans, you could legit never be out of debt or just never be able to live remotely like a doctor.I was recently accepted here, but also have acceptances to other good DO schools (CUSOM for example). Do you guys think the high tuition for this school is worth it over other programs?
Maidenless??
Full Member
It kind of depends on what specialty you want. If you’re looking at doing anesthesiology, radiology, EM, some IM subspecialties, or any surgical specialty, then you shouldn’t have much trouble paying off the debt.avoid this place like the plague for the tuition. They have actually done pretty well recently in terms of matching into competitive places, but any good DO school can give you that bare minimum level of opportunity because it is mostly student dependent. Honestly though the cost is astronomical and with the new rules regarding loans, you could legit never be out of debt or just never be able to live remotely like a doctor.
I am literally a resident, who paid less tuition than you would have to pay, in an environment where all of my debt is with the US government a somehow reasonable lender and I am telling you that it matters. Also if you have not realized it yet, you are not necessarily special. There is no guarantee that you will be any of those things. something like 25% of CCOM graduates do FM. Now you're going to say oh well I will just do IM then go into cardiology and then do interventional cardiology. Yeah for sure dude. You and everyone else that went to Harvard, Columbia, and Stanford.It kind of depends on what specialty you want. If you’re looking at doing anesthesiology, radiology, EM, some IM subspecialties, or any surgical specialty, then you shouldn’t have much trouble paying off the debt.
I am not saying you can't do what you want, but you need to be realistic about the situation. I am a peds resident and I am going into one of the few competitive fields in peds. I have seen many people in peds change their mind about doing what I want to do and in med school I have seen many people change their mind about what specialty they wanted to do. Some of the time it was their choice, but more often than not it was because their grades, board scores, and research output made the decision for them.
I also just checked the current tuition. If it continues to increase the way it has the last couple of years, it could be just short of 100k during your fourth year of medical school, and that's just tuition not living expenses. I will let you do the math on what that will be with interest and stuff when you start paying it back. And hey if you're still like this is nothing then if you wouldn't mind contributing to my living expenses to I can send you my venmo.
substancial white
Full Member
anyone know how many people they admit each year and how many are currently admitted?
abhi_k_jswl
New Member
OOS A today!
Congratulations...!!! Could you share when did you interviewed
+1 OOS II. Probably gonna withdraw my application.
Hey guys, hope the app cycle is going well for everyone! I am a current student at CCOM and wanted to pass along the official CCOM accepted students GroupMe that was made by the current M1 class leaders: GroupMe - Join the group for CCOM Class of 2030
silverpooch
New Member
Hey all! I am a current M2 moving into the city for rotations and looking for someone to take over the lease for my apartment as early as June 1.
Highlights:
https://www.redfin.com/IL/Downers-Grove/2300-Burlington-Ave-60515/unit-G-W/apartment/201265729
Feel free to DM if interested!
Highlights:
- 10–15-minute drive from campus (closer to 10 minutes)
- 1 bed/1 bath with plenty of space
- Rent for this upcoming year is $1775 per month
- Great neighborhood, and right across from a Metra station for easy access to the city
https://www.redfin.com/IL/Downers-Grove/2300-Burlington-Ave-60515/unit-G-W/apartment/201265729
Feel free to DM if interested!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
macandcheese0408
Full Member
I received one 5/7 but withdrew! The date offered was this Friday.does anyone know if CCOM is still sending out II? i saw on admit that they might be, but not sure if that's just a late update or something. thanks!
mirrorball
New Member
I know CCOM tends to have higher MCAT averages, but has anyone with a score <505 received an II before? TIA.
Me actually. PM if you have more questions. I was surprised to receive an interview, I thought my portal was disabled for some reason. I'm currently waitlisted at another school so I decided to go through with the interview here. Does anyone know about the chances of getting the A or is it mainly for WL now?I know CCOM tends to have higher MCAT averages, but has anyone with a score <505 received an II before? TIA.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 371
- Views
- 97K
- Replies
- 223
- Views
- 56K