3.7/517 - WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fluffywas

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
6. member of an honor society and medical student club
6. plenty of undergrad posters at undergraduate and graduate level, won an award out of 100+ posters, an abstract or two published, no papers
7. about 50 hours hospital volunteering as of application (should I think it terms of hours anticipated?)
11. not URM and Massachusetts resident

What schools do I have a good shot at, which ones are are safety, reach? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
50 hours is the only volunteering you have? Clinical and non clinical?

No I was in two service oriented clubs, 200-500 non-clinical volunteer hours. I know thats a big range, I'm not really sure yet how I will go about calculating it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could receive interviews at these schools with your stats:
UMass
Tufts
Boston University
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Dartmouth
Brown
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Rochester
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Miami
Pitt
Case Western
Duke
Tulane
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Accumulate 50 hours of physician shadowing (including primary care) before you apply.

You could receive interviews at these schools with your stats:
UMass
Tufts
Boston University
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Dartmouth
Brown
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Rochester
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Miami
Pitt
Case Western
Duke
Tulane
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Accumulate 50 hours of physician shadowing (including primary care) before you apply.

Thank you that's very helpful.

I know MSAR gives the GPA and MCAT stats for each schools but I don't always know how to interpret them since what I've been reading suggests that a lot of schools have biases that go beyond just the numbers. Which leads me to my question, why do you suggest a school like NYU with extremely high GPA and MCAT but not other schools with similar averages?