This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluedevil70

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That science GPA is kind of low... but honestly with the new schools opening up you'd probably get into an MD program somewhere. I think for most schools the high MCAT score is kind of past the point of diminishing returns due to your GPA, but a newer school might bite so that they can raise their MCAT numbers. IDK though.

Personally, I would try to put together an app now (letters of rec, personal statement, etc.) and then decide later if you want to apply.

I think applying to Duke would be delusional though (no offense)

If you aren't from MA forget about UMass
Temple and Drexel will be quite low yield

I see about 10 schools you can call targets and go in saying you have a reasonable shot at getting a II at. You could benefit from several more. SLU, Miami, UVA, Einstein etc are good examples. Add WashU. For more schools Id look MSAR for more schools with an MCAT median around 34-35 that are OOS friendly

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol whattt. May get into a school somewhere?

White applicants with 3.4-3.6 and 39-45 MCAT have a 77% acceptance rate... So, pretty good chance.
What part of "you'd probably get into an MD program somewhere" do you not understand?

Your list is fine. Your MCAT is ridiculous. Easy chance for II's/acceptance at listed schools.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My 2c: a gap year would allow you to go from a good candidate to a great candidate. I think a higher GPA and more clinical experience would put you over the top

Add some reaches! 525 is serious business.

Reactions: 1 user