A Few of My Favourite Things! WW Sign-Ups & Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How familiar are you with Reddit?

• Extremely familiar

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Somewhat familiar

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I browse occasionally.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • What's a "reddit"?

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be odd to have a convert this early, and I believe WZ made a role claim? So I thought she was less likely, unless I made that up in my head, which is possible.
False, some games are built for early conversion. Really builds some confusion because an early wolf has an easy alibi. And it gets things like today where blockers and blockees are suspects

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
green-toys-building-blocks.jpg

Nubby brick blocks!

Trilt was feeling a bit guilty, and felt obligated to confess her sins.

Okay, she had put this game together pretty quickly. There definitely wasn't the level of thought put into many of the roles that she would have had if she sat on them for a while, and a lot of them probably showed that in their description. However, she had most definitely screwed up with SOV, and now he was paying for it. Crap.

You see, SOV wasn't even in the "Block" section on her spreadsheet. She had honestly meant the role more to prevent bad things from happening to someone than to serve as a fully blocking role, just had done a very bad job of making the role actually reflect that idea. She had even told SOV that she might mess with it slightly when she realized her mistake, but then this hellhole of a day had happened and by the time she got home the lynch train was woo wooing straight at him. So, well, double crap. I'm really sorry dude. :(

zV8syID.jpg

In any case, Trilt went to hang her aerial silks in the local museum park later that day and found a tiny tear in one of the sides. As is wont to happen in fabric under tension with a tiny tear, it quickly grew and she eventually found the whole set up to be useless and dead. Triple crap.

Dead is @StartingoverVet, Aerial Silks - a VILLAGER who could pick one person to roll up in his silky embrace each evening, stopping any actions on them (excluding kills).

It's now Night 2. Night deadline is 7am EST, but please get actions in tonight.

dM3QHvH.gif

ROSTER:
Good Food & Drink

1. DubZ
2. Mad Jack
3. Stb
4. Aloha

Finland, Finland, Finland
5. Orca2011
6. Jilary
7. FFM

Circus Arts
9. kcoughli
10. Kam
12. Teepster

Cute Baby Animals
13. html
14.Caiter92
15. ketoone
16. Hayley

Warm Things
17. DVMD
18. dyachei
19. LetitSnow
20. Lupin

Internet & Media
21. Zensing
22. PBC
23. hmoo
24. Deva

Zany Animals
25. Gwen
26. Jamrockin
27. LadyOtheFarm
28. Rockatiel
29. thedrjojo

DEAD:
11. Finnick - Diet Coke
8. SOV - Aerial Silks

Sorry for not being more active today... I need to keep studying and I am honestly about to disable my wifi for the evening to force myself to stay off of SDN :(

omgineedhelp-63872.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
green-toys-building-blocks.jpg

Nubby brick blocks!

Trilt was feeling a bit guilty, and felt obligated to confess her sins.

Okay, she had put this game together pretty quickly. There definitely wasn't the level of thought put into many of the roles that she would have had if she sat on them for a while, and a lot of them probably showed that in their description. However, she had most definitely screwed up with SOV, and now he was paying for it. Crap.

You see, SOV wasn't even in the "Block" section on her spreadsheet. She had honestly meant the role more to prevent bad things from happening to someone than to serve as a fully blocking role, just had done a very bad job of making the role actually reflect that idea. She had even told SOV that she might mess with it slightly when she realized her mistake, but then this hellhole of a day had happened and by the time she got home the lynch train was woo wooing straight at him. So, well, double crap. I'm really sorry dude. :(

zV8syID.jpg

In any case, Trilt went to hang her aerial silks in the local museum park later that day and found a tiny tear in one of the sides. As is wont to happen in fabric under tension with a tiny tear, it quickly grew and she eventually found the whole set up to be useless and dead. Triple crap.

Dead is @StartingoverVet, Aerial Silks - a VILLAGER who could pick one person to roll up in his silky embrace each evening, stopping any actions on them (excluding kills).

It's now Night 2. Night deadline is 7am EST, but please get actions in tonight.

dM3QHvH.gif

ROSTER:
Good Food & Drink

1. DubZ
2. Mad Jack
3. Stb
4. Aloha

Finland, Finland, Finland
5. Orca2011
6. Jilary
7. FFM

Circus Arts
9. kcoughli
10. Kam
12. Teepster

Cute Baby Animals
13. html
14.Caiter92
15. ketoone
16. Hayley

Warm Things
17. DVMD
18. dyachei
19. LetitSnow
20. Lupin

Internet & Media
21. Zensing
22. PBC
23. hmoo
24. Deva

Zany Animals
25. Gwen
26. Jamrockin
27. LadyOtheFarm
28. Rockatiel
29. thedrjojo

DEAD:
11. Finnick - Diet Coke
8. SOV - Aerial Silks
Um, I think SOV misread his roll... He essentially was a protector against anything but kills...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Confession: I am not a huge fan of sweets. I like meat. The end
Same boat here. I'd rather have a slice of good bacon or a nice steak than literally any sweet thing in the world. Carbs aren't even all that good in general, they're just mediums to make meat even better.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a box of gs cookies on my desk right now. I'm trying to make them last, but it's not working.

Sweets (cookies!) >>>>>>> meat

Reactions: 3 users
Damnit I feel like I can't partake in this conversation without every single thing I say I like being analyzed, lol.

I'm mostly vegetarian though...
I don't mind vegetarians. I'm actually a pretty prolific cook- yesterday night I had to make mac and cheese for three groups of people (one person had celiac, three had lactose intolerance, and the rest didn't give a **** so I could use whatever ingredients). Vegetarians are just a challenge.

Vegans, on the other hand, can literally die in a fire and nothing of value would be lost.

I don't mind vegetarians. I'm actually a pretty prolific cook

Vegans, on the other hand, can literally die in a fire and nothing of value would be lost.
Just read those sentences by themselves. Do it.

Am I the only one getting a cannibalistic vibe?

I don't mind vegetarians. I'm actually a pretty prolific cook- yesterday night I had to make mac and cheese for three groups of people (one person had celiac, three had lactose intolerance, and the rest didn't give a **** so I could use whatever ingredients). Vegetarians are just a challenge.

:lame:

Lol, to be fair I am getting this second hand. What does mostly vegetarian mean? :p
it means when I get drunk sad I spend a lot of time talking about meat production

more functionally, it means I don't cook meat and generally avoid it. just eat it socially or while traveling.

Just read those sentences by themselves. Do it.

Am I the only one getting a cannibalistic vibe?
MJ can make a tasty meal out of vegetarians, but has not perfected the art of cooking vegans and thus, in his frustration, he has given up on trying forever.

:lame:
giphy.gif

but did you clean your stove?

SO MEAN! I don't understand when people get all worked up over other people's dietary choices. I know some vegans can be obnoxious and rude, but so can a lot of meat eaters (i.e "plants have feelings too!"). I'm not a vegan because I love eggs, cheese, and honey too much... But I respect the people that have that kind of discipline.

Trilt, I'm the same. I used to be strictly vegetarian (for 4.5 years), but I am traveling this summer and want to eat meat while I am. So, I've been eating meat once a week to build up my tolerance for the trip. Mostly fish and chicken, but even that makes me think of all the cute dead chicken babies and I get sad. Lol. I had a bite of my SO's hamburger the other day and honestly didn't like it. I used to LOVE beef, but I think my tastebuds have changed and I don't like the smell/taste of it anymore.

it means when I get drunk sad I spend a lot of time talking about meat production

more functionally, it means I don't cook meat and generally avoid it. just eat it socially or while traveling.
Ah I gotcha! And lol, I think social meat eater might be my favorite type of social habit :p.

SO MEAN! I don't understand when people get all worked up over other people's dietary choices. I know some vegans can be obnoxious and rude, but so can a lot of meat eaters (i.e "plants have feelings too!"). I'm not a vegan because I love eggs, cheese, and honey too much... But I respect the people that have that kind of discipline.

Trilt, I'm the same. I used to be strictly vegetarian (for 4.5 years), but I am traveling this summer and want to eat meat while I am. So, I've been eating meat once a week to build up my tolerance for the trip. Mostly fish and chicken, but even that makes me think of all the cute dead chicken babies and I get sad. Lol. I had a bite of my SO's hamburger the other day and honestly didn't like it. I used to LOVE beef, but I think my tastebuds have changed and I don't like the smell/taste of it anymore.
It was obviously a joke huehue. Giving vegans grief is SOP for internet meatitarians- we've got to do something to feel superior before we inevitably die of butt cancer.

Reactions: 4 users
It was obviously a joke huehue. Giving vegans grief is SOP for internet meatitarians- we've got to do something to feel superior before we inevitably die of butt cancer.

I know it was a joke, just had to go on a mini rant for a minute because a lot of people would say that and not be joking! :p

animal product
Which really makes me facepalm, because it's not like the bees give a ****. Even eggs are kind of whatever- if you're raising your own chickens, it's not like they are being harmed when you're getting eggs from them. Hell, they could live the most amazing life a chicken has ever lived, and all you're asking in return is some eggs that'll just rot if you don't eat.

Which really makes me facepalm, because it's not like the bees give a ****. Even eggs are kind of whatever- if you're raising your own chickens, it's not like they are being harmed when you're getting eggs from them. Hell, they could live the most amazing life a chicken has ever lived, and all you're asking in return is some eggs that'll just rot if you don't eat.
What if the animal dies of natural causes, like old age, or cancer, or drowning? Does that make eating their meat Ok?

I once had a girl tell me that I was the devil and an animal hater for eating chicken eggs, because it was the equivalent to eating their "period blood" and the chickens didn't give me permission to take what was expelled from their bodies... Even after I explained I get my eggs from a friend who has pet chickens so I knew no chickens were harmed in the making of my omelette. Seriously, some people take it way too far and it really does nothing to help their cause

Eh, there are a lot of health problems associated with the high rate of egg laying we've bred chickens to perform at. Most vegan sanctuaries feed back the eggs to their chickens to replace lost calcium/nutrients/etc, +/- hormonal treatment to reduce the frequency of egg laying if they're problem layers. (Which is totes illegal I may add).

Poultry production is actually probably one of my biggest animal welfare gripes so I'll just stop right about there....

Can we just move all off topic talk to the thread meant for random talk. A.k.a..... the "random stuffs" thread. Then we don't have to make sure there aren't game posts hidden among the stars. Please and thanks.

I could probably live on carbs and dairy products. Like, just give me some bread and cheese and I'm good. Supplement with rice and potatoes.