Stranger Things Part 2 - WW Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not intimidated nor deterred by having no knowledge of the source material??? I don't know where this idea came from.

I'm subbing because I'm on the hiatus I intended to be on like 4 games ago.
I didn't mean to imply anything. I was just confirming in general since kdubs asked if that was I statement I made.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not intimidated nor deterred by having no knowledge of the source material??? I don't know where this idea came from.

I didn't mean to imply anything. I was just confirming in general since kdubs asked if that was I statement I made.
S’all good, I was literally having an errant memory. Just wanted it confirmed. So thank you!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Roster
1. AM
2. Truenamer
3. Fluff
4. Alissa
5. PSV
7. Zenge142

Subs
utc. shortstuff

Tots
uts. Lawpy
2. stoaty
3. Barky
4. Sportsport

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
But what if
The mind flayer is the alpha wolf
And other wolves are the Flayed :thinking:

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Watch the rest of the show pls
No. i don’t want their fake apologies. I want to watch the real show. Before they shoe horned in all this “Barb was killed for a reason!” Nonsense. Pretending it was “plot driven”. No! They killed Barb for the Lulz. They need to live with that decision. #BarbGate #NeverForget #SheHadItComing #TooPureForThisWorld

• Hmm
  • Okay...
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
No. i don’t want their fake apologies. I want to watch the real show. Before they shoe horned in all this “Barb was killed for a reason!” Nonsense. Pretending it was “plot driven”. No! They killed Barb for the Lulz. They need to live with that decision. #BarbGate #NeverForget #SheHadItComing #TooPureForThisWorld
Oh zenge... If you think Barb is bad
😬

• Hmm
Oh zenge... If you think Barb is bad
😬
No see the ones in the later seasons are ACTUALLY soul-crushing. Barb died in like, episode 2. All the outrage is fake. She was a sweet character but jeez people, get a grip.

• Wow
Eddie's death is the most tragic IMO because he doesn't even get to be commemorated as the hero he is, outside of the main crew everyone thinks he was a murderer :(

• Care
  • Sad
No see the ones in the later seasons are ACTUALLY soul-crushing. Barb died in like, episode 2. All the outrage is fake. She was a sweet character but jeez people, get a grip.
No pls I was stunned by it. I've been the Barb in some groups or had friends who are the Barb in other groups. It hits hard when you think of your good Barb friend being betrayed by you

• Care
No pls I was stunned by it. I've been the Barb in some groups or had friends who are the Barb in other groups. It hits hard when you think of your good Barb friend being betrayed by you
I get that for sure. But the outrage that followed was a little much imo. I actually found the trope reversal rather refreshing.

I get that for sure. But the outrage that followed was a little much imo. I actually found the trope reversal rather refreshing.
See I don't look at online fandoms I just get things secondhand

And yes I love that the teenagers having intimate time saved them lol

Trope Reversals can be good, but the optics of this one weren’t great.
Barb: I don’t want to do the drugs and take the alcohol shots and have the sexy time.
Nancy: OMFG BaRb!!!! WhY diD I eVeN dRaG yoU tO tHiS pArTy!? You’re so LAME!!!!
Barb: I’m going to go sit alone outside in the dark and think about how no one likes me.
Monster: Ooooooo! Lamb to the slaughter! :heckyeah:

It was more problematic than a trope reversal. What are kids going say when they see what happens to Barb? Will they give into peer pressure and snort the latest tic-toc designer teen challenge mystery powder because they don’t want to end up like Barb? #TooSoon #NeverForget #BarbGate

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Trope Reversals can be good, but the optics of this one weren’t great.
Barb: I don’t want to do the drugs and take the alcohol shots and have the sexy time.
Nancy: OMFG BaRb!!!! WhY diD I eVeN dRaG yoU tO tHiS pArTy!? You’re so LAME!!!!
Barb: I’m going to go sit alone outside in the dark and think about how no one likes me.
Monster: Ooooooo! Lamb to the slaughter! :heckyeah:

It was more problematic than a trope reversal. What are kids going say when they see what happens to Barb? Will they give into peer pressure and snort the latest tic-toc designer teen challenge mystery powder because they don’t want to end up like Barb? #TooSoon #NeverForget #BarbGate
Maybe the lesson was actually "Don't be a dick to your friends if you don't want them to die" :thinking:

• Hmm
  • Haha
Maybe the lesson was actually "Don't be a dick to your friends if you don't want them to die" :thinking:
So what? You’re saying Nancy is to blame for #BarbGate? Because she wanted to live her life and have a good time?

Dubz pls.

If anything, the message then is “Life’s short. You never know when it’s going to end. Just look at Barb. She never had fun and now she’s super dead. If only she’d been willing to hang out with the cool kids like Nancy. SMH.”

• Haha
  • Hmm
So what? You’re saying Nancy is to blame for #BarbGate? Because she wanted to live her life and have a good time?

Dubz pls.

If anything, the message then is “Life’s short. You never know when it’s going to end. Just look at Barb. She never had fun and now she’s super dead. If only she’d been willing to hang out with the cool kids like Nancy. SMH.”
Ah see, look at this interesting discourse that Barb's death has brought about!

• Haha
Roster
1. AM
2. Truenamer
3. Fluff
4. Alissa
5. PSV
6. genny
7. Zenge142

Subs
utc. shortstuff

Tots
uts. Lawpy
2. stoaty
3. Barky
4. Sportsport

• Love
I forgot to add alley after we talked about it on Discord woops

Roster
1. AM
2. Truenamer
3. Fluff
4. Alissa
5. PSV
6. genny
7. Zenge142
8. alley

Subs
utc. shortstuff

Tots
uts. Lawpy
2. stoaty
3. Barky
4. Sportsport

• Angry
  • Care
@mkg323 can I get one of those “I can’t read” memes?
B62B1BD6-51C5-4C34-9EEA-89F7EF908E5E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Eddie's death is the most tragic IMO because he doesn't even get to be commemorated as the hero he is, outside of the main crew everyone thinks he was a murderer :(
I knew Eddie would die because that's the Duffer brothers' formula, but his death was so sad. Not just because he was a super cool, likeable character once we spent more time with him, but also because I don't think the show gave him a proper goodbye. Sure, we saw Dustin being sad and telling Eddie's uncle what had happened and that was nice, but Mike/Lucas were friends with Eddie too. The show kind of acted like Eddie ONLY mattered to Dustin with how everyone was just like "okay".
Sure, there was a bunch going on with Max and such, but Eddie deserved way more recognition from the group and of course for Hawkins to know he wasn't a crazed killer.
Also, they going to do anything about Dustin/Mike/Lucas? Because last we saw, much of the Hawkins population thought they were Satanic co-conspirators.
AND I NEED TO KNOW WHERE DMITRI IS. IS MY BOY OKAY?? WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO NOW? WHERE IS YURI? ARE THEY WITH MURRAY?IS THE KGB GOING TO COME AFTER THEM?
I also wish the whole crew spent more time together. So much of the time they're fragmented, doing their own little activities, and I wish we got to see them all as a unit like in S1.
LET WILL BE HAPPY!!!

• Care
I knew Eddie would die because that's the Duffer brothers' formula, but his death was so sad. Not just because he was a super cool, likeable character once we spent more time with him, but also because I don't think the show gave him a proper goodbye. Sure, we saw Dustin being sad and telling Eddie's uncle what had happened and that was nice, but Mike/Lucas were friends with Eddie too. The show kind of acted like Eddie ONLY mattered to Dustin with how everyone was just like "okay".
Sure, there was a bunch going on with Max and such, but Eddie deserved way more recognition from the group and of course for Hawkins to know he wasn't a crazed killer.
Also, they going to do anything about Dustin/Mike/Lucas? Because last we saw, much of the Hawkins population thought they were Satanic co-conspirators.
AND I NEED TO KNOW WHERE DMITRI IS. IS MY BOY OKAY?? WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO NOW? WHERE IS YURI? ARE THEY WITH MURRAY?IS THE KGB GOING TO COME AFTER THEM?
I also wish the whole crew spent more time together. So much of the time they're fragmented, doing their own little activities, and I wish we got to see them all as a unit like in S1.
LET WILL BE HAPPY!!!
I bet some of this stuff will come up in season 5. Maybe. Idk. They've got big fish to fry.

I bet some of this stuff will come up in season 5. Maybe. Idk. They've got big fish to fry.
You know who loved a good fish fry? Barb. Every Friday. She called it “Fish Fryday” 😭 #BarbGate #NeverForget #ClassicBarbLoL #TakenNotSoonEnough #America’sSweetheart #BarbWasATreasure

• Hmm
  • Haha