This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BitsCodex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried to find a thread similar to this, but I couldn't, so I will ask here:

So, most post-bac programs I have applied to (total: 6) wont sent out interview invites until next year. However, I just completed an interview (let's call it school A) and will hear back in the next few weeks and will only have about 2 weeks to respond.

I wont hear back from my preferred school (B) until next year for an interview, but I don't want to make any assumptions.

How bad is it to accept the program from school A, and then possibly finding out I get accepted to school B next year, only to reject A? Can I even reject A? I hope that made sense. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can accept and then withdraw later.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You should confirm to see if you really only have 2 weeks to respond. It's incredibly early for post-bac programs- most don't fill their classes until ~June. The 2 weak deadline normally isn't a hard and fast 2 weeks.

Just email them and say that you're still waiting on other schools and would like some more time before committing. Worst case scenario, they tell you it's a strict cutoff and you pay the deposit. Best case scenario, you save a few hundred bucks.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
You should confirm to see if you really only have 2 weeks to respond. It's incredibly early for post-bac programs- most don't fill their classes until ~June. The 2 weak deadline normally isn't a hard and fast 2 weeks.

Just email them and say that you're still waiting on other schools and would like some more time before committing. Worst case scenario, they tell you it's a strict cutoff and you pay the deposit. Best case scenario, you save a few hundred bucks.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
Thank you so much for you reply. I appreciate it a lot! I will look into it.