Accepting non-match offer while waiting for match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunandeagle

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recieved an offer from a non-match AEGD programme, but have not had the opportunity to interview for the match programmes. The non-match programme wants a reply within 3 days.

Can I accept the non-match offer and drop out should I receive a match offer?
 
I recieved an offer from a non-match AEGD programme, but have not had the opportunity to interview for the match programmes. The non-match programme wants a reply within 3 days.

Can I accept the non-match offer and drop out should I receive a match offer?
The program you drop can make your life hell. I believe when you signed your match agreement, you signed a contract saying you would drop yourself from the match if you took a spot. Snd since you’re breaking your match contract, they may drop you from the match program. Don’t burn bridges. Decide if you want to go to the non-match spot or not.
 
This is always the risk in applying to match and non-match programs. If you like the non-match you should accept it and drop out of the match. If you don't really like the non-match program you should decline the offer and continue interviewing. I understand that it would be a relief to have your program choice settled but if you accept a spot to a program you don't like just to be done with the process it could be a very long year. Do not accept the non-match offer and continue in the match. That's my opinion as a PD.