• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Ultimattack2

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have an economics course that I might get a B in and rather than have that affecting my GPA, I'd rather just make the course pass/fail. It is non-major and non-premed. I also have credit for the class from highschool, I just wanted to take the class to learn some economics. Can anyone give me some advice?

occams_razor

Aug 6, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I have taken a few courses Pass/Fail and it hasn't come up in any of my interviews. The courses I did P/F were courses I was interested in but wanted to take the class without having to worry about a specific letter grade (ie making an A)

I think if you have a good GPA and have had tough semesters where you did well, but also have some P/F classes it's not a big deal

bwc

2+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm wondering about this topic. I know having to take the prerequisites for a letter grade is a given. Despite adcoms insisting that taking non-prerequisites pass/fail won't affect my application negatively, an advisor told me that adcoms in reality want to see everything taken for a grade. I was told that if I took any classes pass/fail that my options would be to ask for the actual grades to be uncovered on the transcript sent to AMCAS, or let adcoms assume that I got a C where I got a P…they would wonder "if you could have gotten a good grade, why did I not take it for a grade". How true is this?

Turkishking

5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have an economics course that I might get a B in and rather than have that affecting my GPA, I'd rather just make the course pass/fail. It is non-major and non-premed. I also have credit for the class from highschool, I just wanted to take the class to learn some economics. Can anyone give me some advice?
Doesn't necessarily matter, protect the GPA.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.