AHHHHHHHH!!!! stress release thread

Started by dustman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another "who else has noticed this" comment:

What makes a thread a "hot" thread, and warrants the orange envelope? Going down the list, there are threads that both have 7 or 8 posts, but one is blue, the other orange. Just wondering if there was some mystical formula out there that might elucidate this perplexing problem.
Blue envelope just means there are no new posts
The orange "hot thread" envelope I think probably gets placed on threads that have a certain number of posts within a certain amount of time
The beige envelope means a thread is not super active but has new posts

I sure don't know the formula, though.
 
Ahhh!

I haven't even been able to come on this site for a few weeks because I've been so busy. I've been so distracted from what I actually want to do and everything is so messed up. I can't go one day without fighting with my parents. My friends are acting dumb but thats on the lower end of my problems. School sucks and I'm getting behind because I've been having to keep up with everything else plus two jobs. I just put in my two weeks at one of my jobs. I know where I want to apply to college but I have no idea where the best choice would be because they all offer such different experiences. Nobody thinks I'm capable of becoming a vet. I'm going crazy because it keeps snowing...and it's spring break. I have so much homework and even replying on this thread makes me feel horrible but in reality I'm so far behind that even if I got up at 3 every morning and worked till 11 at night for the rest of spring break I still wouldn't have everything done. The only good thing that is coming out of all of this is that I'm learning this now instead of in college...or worse vet school. But the worse thing is.. I don't know how to fix all of this because as soon as I get back to school I'm going to go crazy...crazier. alksdjf haha. -officially done with rant-
 
Ahhh!

I haven't even been able to come on this site for a few weeks because I've been so busy. I've been so distracted from what I actually want to do and everything is so messed up. I can't go one day without fighting with my parents. My friends are acting dumb but thats on the lower end of my problems. School sucks and I'm getting behind because I've been having to keep up with everything else plus two jobs. I just put in my two weeks at one of my jobs. I know where I want to apply to college but I have no idea where the best choice would be because they all offer such different experiences. Nobody thinks I'm capable of becoming a vet. I'm going crazy because it keeps snowing...and it's spring break. I have so much homework and even replying on this thread makes me feel horrible but in reality I'm so far behind that even if I got up at 3 every morning and worked till 11 at night for the rest of spring break I still wouldn't have everything done. The only good thing that is coming out of all of this is that I'm learning this now instead of in college...or worse vet school. But the worse thing is.. I don't know how to fix all of this because as soon as I get back to school I'm going to go crazy...crazier. alksdjf haha. -officially done with rant-

Aww! It will be okay. What gets done gets done the he** wih the rest. I get bogged down (ususally in spring semester) also. A year ago I came home hugged my fiance and said 'I'm just so overwelmed." To which he replied "I have that affect on women sometimes!" It made me laugh. :laugh: You'll get done what you need to. :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aww! It will be okay. What gets done gets done the he** wih the rest. I get bogged down (ususally in spring semester) also. A year ago I came home hugged my fiance and said 'I'm just so overwelmed." To which he replied "I have that affect on women sometimes!" It made me laugh. :laugh: You'll get done what you need to. :luck:

I know 🙁 I just don't want to make these decisions because I don't want to make the wrong one because they all go completely different directions leading to vet school and my family and SO don't understand and aren't supportive about anything I do. haha. It's frustrating. But it's really exciting at the same time 😛
 
I know 🙁 I just don't want to make these decisions because I don't want to make the wrong one because they all go completely different directions leading to vet school and my family and SO don't understand and aren't supportive about anything I do. haha. It's frustrating. But it's really exciting at the same time 😛


It's difficult to handle a family that isn't supportive, but friends and SOs who aren't supportive are a little easier. People who try to shoot down your dreams are not people you should be surrounding yourself with. They're not true friends.
 
True.

Thick headed. Don't understand... just like my family. haha ohh well. I'm out of here in less than 2 years. 🙂
 
I think I need "Lyme disease"....and a matching "Staph" and "MRSA"...because the "super staph" with a cape...is way cute!
 
I have mad cow and heartworm. I gave some of my friends neurons for x'mas.

My SO works at a T-shirt company and they get weird returns (which the employees can take home) all the time. He found a shirt for me that says, "We have mad cow. I think you do, too." It cracks me up. The weirdest part, though, is that that is on the back of the shirt. The front of the shirt is the logo for some law firm or something. 😕😕 Heh.

Oh, and does anyone else think the flesh eating bacteria is cute? He's got a knife and fork, plus big sad eyes that seem to say, "Can't I just have a little bit?" 😛
 
My SO works at a T-shirt company and they get weird returns (which the employees can take home) all the time. He found a shirt for me that says, "We have mad cow. I think you do, too." It cracks me up. The weirdest part, though, is that that is on the back of the shirt. The front of the shirt is the logo for some law firm or something. 😕😕 Heh.

Oh, and does anyone else think the flesh eating bacteria is cute? He's got a knife and fork, plus big sad eyes that seem to say, "Can't I just have a little bit?" 😛

I have a shirt that says " VET TECHS DO IT WITH ANIMALS"!

Its really old from the early 90's but I couldnt bare to part with it. Ive also seen that logo with "veterinarians" too. But it was on a coffee cup.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...Oh, and does anyone else think the flesh eating bacteria is cute? He's got a knife and fork, plus big sad eyes that seem to say, "Can't I just have a little bit?" 😛
Oh my gosh yes! I loved his little silverware! Haha.
 
My husband gave me mono, an ulcer (H. pylori), beer yeast, E. coli, and shigella a couple of Christmases ago. I used them to decorate our tree. Mom wasn't impressed.

This past Christmas, my uncle gave me mad cow disease and a leukocyte. I bought herpes for myself because it's too cute.

Now, if they'd make ringworm....
 
My husband gave me mono, an ulcer (H. pylori), beer yeast, E. coli, and shigella a couple of Christmases ago. I used them to decorate our tree. Mom wasn't impressed.

This past Christmas, my uncle gave me mad cow disease and a leukocyte. I bought herpes for myself because it's too cute.

Now, if they'd make ringworm....

Oh man, for a second I totally forgot which thread I was reading and I thought "Oh my lord! I would totally kill someone if they got me that sick!!!" :laugh:

I am losing it.
 
HAHAHA!! I received Salmonella and a plankton for Christmas this year b/c I run a microbiology lab. After seeing MRSA though, I want him. The cape is the cutest ever😍
 
So I know this would fit better on another thread, but I forgot the name of it, and don't really want to search, and just thought it was cute, and might fit here, in the hodgepodge thread. I was just walking my dog (see left) and we saw a herd of deer in a field (approx 6). She saw them, and started making the same sounds she does when she gets excited and wants to play -- and when I finally tore her away, and got her to come in, she runs fast, grabs her bone, and goes to stand by the door -- my HUNTING cocker spaniel wanted to play with deer!!?!?!? 🙂 I thought it was pretty funny and cute.

She does still go after rabbits and tree squirrels -- maybe deep just look like big dogs to her (she plays with them a lot?).

Hope that made someone else besides me smile! 🙂
 
I pretty much had the same reaction when I saw them (FTR, my husband came across the link and sent it to me).

I only wish that I had the time to come up with cool stuff like that. Maybe if I didn't spend so much time here.... 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad