Albany Rejection Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mother

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to know if those of you who have received recent rejections from Albany College of Medicine showed as complete on the Status Check page? Mine continues to show letters not received but when I have called this Admissions Office they told me my letters were received in late September but haven't been updated on the web page. Does this make sense? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I e-mailed them a few times and they kept saying my letters are there, but not updated online yet. I thought it was kind of weird that they had time to write back an e-mail, but not to update my LORs?:confused: Anyway, I think last time I e-mailed was around October 10-15 and they said they were planning to update everything and review my file by the end of that week. It's been a month.:rolleyes:

Just curious to know if those of you who have received recent rejections from Albany College of Medicine showed as complete on the Status Check page? Mine continues to show letters not received but when I have called this Admissions Office they told me my letters were received in late September but haven't been updated on the web page. Does this make sense? Thanks.

They supposedly only show up when your file is being actively reviewed and they have verifid you met their prereqs. My letters were sent in very early October and they appear on the status check (coincidentally-? a couple days after I called). When did you call?

Members don't see this ad :)
They supposedly only show up when your file is being actively reviewed and they have verifid you met their prereqs. My letters were sent in very early October and they appear on the status check (coincidentally-? a couple days after I called). When did you call?
Mine were sent in late August and they still aren't showing up, even though I've contacted them 3 times.

I called approximately 4 - 5 weeks ago. They told me much of what you say. I was curious if the people receiving rejections this past week had complete on the status check page or if they just reject you outright and that is why my status check still says not complete.

I don't want to call again because it seems that some people have telephoned and then receive rejections within a day or so.

I just called them to verify that they have everything, which they do, even though it's not reflected on the site. I'm not going to worry about what the site says. For whatever reason, they are not updating it. I think it's OK to call to check if they have everything so that you know whether you're going to have to resend stuff or not, but I'd just leave them alone after you get this information. Forget what the site says.

I just called them to verify that they have everything, which they do, even though it's not reflected on the site. I'm not going to worry about what the site says. For whatever reason, they are not updating it. I think it's OK to call to check if they have everything so that you know whether you're going to have to resend stuff or not, but I'd just leave them alone after you get this information. Forget what the site says.

Mine just got updated last week. Are they one of the schools that goes through apps in random order?