You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS Pre-II R, complete in July.
OOS pre II R rlly thought I’d get an II here but oh well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS pre-II R
stinkygoose00
Full Member
oos pre ii r
aspiringmed23
Full Member
IS pre ii R
+1oos pre ii r
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
Also riding the pre-II R train. Choo choo!
Nova_Nation_1618
Full Member
In terms of convenience, you can’t get any closer than Park South (coming from a local) and I do believe that it’s a popular spot for students. Farther away from campus you are definitely going to find cheaper options but possibly not in the greatest areas depending on where you are looking.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hannah 252
Full Member
+1IS pre ii R
July 22Does anyone know when the first day of classes is for AMC?
tiredpremed07
New Member
Anyone know where we can start looking for a roommate?
premed-dodo
Full Member
Any AL movement?
There will be more movement over the next month+ because people don't have to make final decisions until 4/30 and even then they could get off another WL and decide to go somewhere else, opening up spots for AL -> A. 🙂Do we think there will be any more AL list movement or is the class kind of full already?
Released from Alternate List +1
maindoctor42
Full Member
Withdrew A early this morning! Good luck to you all and wishing you a great end to the cycle!
Last edited:
Released from Alternate List +1
Sorry to hear that my friend. Was it voluntary or did the adcom release you?
Adcom released me. Looks like they're cutting down their AL numbers since they interview 700+ people for 145 spots.Sorry to hear that my friend. Was it voluntary or did the adcom release you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did this happen?Adcom released me. Looks like they're cutting down their AL numbers since they interview 700+ people for 145 spots.
Technically 100, 1/3 of the spots are for BS/MD and other early-admit programs
premed-dodo
Full Member
What? I thought it was 200 people. Then again, MSAR information is outdated as it says they take like ~30 people off waitlist.Adcom released me. Looks like they're cutting down their AL numbers since they interview 700+ people for 145 spots.
Where did you hear 700 students?
NonTrad222
Full Member
SameReleased from Alternate List +1
When did this happen?Same
That's what they said in their email, so I'd wager it's up to date. 750 interviewed, I don't know the II -> AL conversion rate.What? I thought it was 200 people. Then again, MSAR information is outdated as it says they take like ~30 people off waitlist.
Where did you hear 700 students?
premed-dodo
Full Member
Well, it looks like the statistics are not on our side.That's what they said in their email, so I'd wager it's up to date. 750 interviewed, I don't know the II -> AL conversion rate.
EDIT: Brain freeze moment. I heard ~700 interviewed, ~200 AL. I mistook 700 interviewed for 700 AL.
Statistics are back on our side.
Last edited:
NonTrad222
Full Member
Tuesday 4/16When did this happen?
Thanks! I've been on the AL since October.Tuesday 4/16
premed-dodo
Full Member
Historically, A's from AL went out first week of May around middle or later in that week. I'm assuming after the PTE deadline.Are they going to remove more people from AL this week?
When were your interview?Just got the AL Response for email! Literally nearly passed away when I saw an email from them. Good information on there though! Good luck to everyone on the list!
November!When were your interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Just got the email requesting me to fill out the AL Response form if I am still wishing to remain on AL list or be removed! Literally nearly passed away when I saw an email from them. Good information on there though! Good luck to everyone on the list!
+1
premed-dodo
Full Member
+1Just got the email requesting me to fill out the AL Response form if I am still wishing to remain on AL list or be removed! Literally nearly passed away when I saw an email from them. Good information on there though! Good luck to everyone on the list!