You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Honors (top 15% of the class), pass, fail.Is Albany pass/fail?
Last edited:
D
deleted1124957
oofHigh pass (top 15% of the class), pass, fail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supercooper21
Full Member
OOS II received about an hour ago (6:30 EST). Complete 7/31. Late January dates available. Good luck fam!
Edit: Declined my interview here. Good luck to everyone who’s hoping to attend 🙂
Edit: Declined my interview here. Good luck to everyone who’s hoping to attend 🙂
Last edited:
Been complete since 7/18 and radio silence since.primary app. submitted 9/1 | app completed 12/2
How long did it take for people to hear back after submitting their secondary app?
Oh jeez... I don't want to be rude because I did submit mine so recently, but have you thought about calling?? That's a wildly prolonged period of time :/Been complete since 7/18 and radio silence since.
D
deleted1124957
Waiting is part of the game
Submitted most of mine in July and I’ve had radio silence from over 20 schools. I’ve never heard of anyone calling, wouldn’t even know what you’d say, and I feel like that wouldn’t be well-received. Especially from schools who do not accept updates of any kind.Oh jeez... I don't want to be rude because I did submit mine so recently, but have you thought about calling?? That's a wildly prolonged period of time :/
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Yeah also submitted mine July and I have silence from almost 25 schools. Rejections tend to go out at the end of the cycle for a majority of schools so silence is completely normal.Submitted most of mine in July and I’ve had radio silence from over 20 schools. I’ve never heard of anyone calling, wouldn’t even know what you’d say, and I feel like that wouldn’t be well-received. Especially from schools who do not accept updates of any kind.
D
deleted1174679
Schools say feel free to call admissions but we cannot give status of where your application stands. Seriously ? Why else would we really call if we haven’t heard anything from them? We won’t call to ask what they had for breakfast lolSubmitted most of mine in July and I’ve had radio silence from over 20 schools. I’ve never heard of anyone calling, wouldn’t even know what you’d say, and I feel like that wouldn’t be well-received. Especially from schools who do not accept updates of any kind.
😆Schools say feel free to call admissions but we cannot give status of where your application stands. Seriously ? Why else would we really call if we haven’t heard anything from them? We won’t call to ask what they had for breakfast lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1124957
Just looked at last years thread, one person pulled off in March, the acceptance wave started in early May.
We have a longgggggggggg time, dead thread until then with the occasional A, and frequent AL post.
We have a longgggggggggg time, dead thread until then with the occasional A, and frequent AL post.
I interviewed in December and heard back 2 weeks later!
Been a little over 4 weeks for me and I'm starting to get nervous lol
I know several other medical schools that definitely receive many calls from applicants daily, so I'm not sure about Albany but I know it's not unheard of. I think it's definitely something you have to be careful with since it can be received poorly. However, given the length of time that's passed, I feel as though it would be perfectly appropriate to inquire about the status of your application, since you submitted it many months ago. Also, if it were me, I would ask if there is anything I can do in the meantime, as well as re-confirm your interest in the school with the admissions office to remind them you exist lol... again, be cautious with this because too much is a lot worse than nothing at all, but I think one call would be perfectly acceptable in my opinion as a fellow-applicant at least! But regardless, good luck!Submitted most of mine in July and I’ve had radio silence from over 20 schools. I’ve never heard of anyone calling, wouldn’t even know what you’d say, and I feel like that wouldn’t be well-received. Especially from schools who do not accept updates of any kind.
2324applicant401
Full Member
Is there a groupme for accepted students?
D
deleted1174679
anyone out there who did not get a single interview invite this cycle?
anyone out there who did not get a single interview invite this cycle?
This is my third cycle and I can tell you that I didn't my first time around. There's definitely a learning curve when it comes to applications lol and some things (like the waiting) you never get used to. But stick with it - there's still time this cycle, and if not, I'm sure you'll get tons next cycle! Med schools like to see perseverance.
Have you received the acceptance recently?Is there a groupme for accepted students?
anyone out there who did not get a single interview invite this cycle?
Me until until last week. I was bailed out by Belmont.
Not this cycle, but last cycle. I strongly recommend you ask everyone who rejects you to meet with you and provide feedback unless they specifically say they won't - I did that and it helped me make a huge difference even though I only got actionable feedback from a couple schools.anyone out there who did not get a single interview invite this cycle?
D
deleted1174679
When is their deadline to submit primary and secondaryMe until until last week. I was bailed out by Belmont.
Per their site, you have until 29 February to send your AMCAS and 15 March to send your secondary. I would highly recommend you not wait that long though - for most schools, it wouldn't even be worth applying this late, but for a brand-new program, I'd imagine the rule of thumb may not apply. If you don't have any interviews in the pipeline and can afford to add it, it can't hurt.When is their deadline to submit primary and secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2324applicant401
Full Member
A on 12/22!Have you received the acceptance recently?
Thanks! Were you on the alternate list?A on 12/22!
2324applicant401
Full Member
No, was accepted a couple weeks after interviewThanks! Were you on the alternate list?
Congrats!!No, was accepted a couple weeks after interview
D
deleted1012716
OOS II just now
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
Congrats! Complete date? Stats? Mother's maiden name? SSN?OOS II just now
D
deleted1012716
Congrats! Complete date? Stats? Mother's maiden name? SSN?
Complete september, LM 69ish, Tutone, 867-53-0909
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
🤣 appreciate you!Complete september, LM 69ish, Tutone, 867-53-0909
Mammothhighway
Full Member
Withdrew from the Alternate List, best of luck to everyone!
For those who got accepted, I currently live in Albany in a house that rents to students exclusively. The house is located walking distance from the college and I live in a 2bd apt in said house. My lease is over in April, I'm looking for someone interested in taking over after me. The apt is near the Stewarts on Ontario and New Scotland, you can google this yourself and see how close to the school it is.
H_double_J
Full Member
IS A received just now! Interviewed 1/12.
Last edited:
A received just now! Interviewed 1/12.
Congrats! Were you pulled from the Alternate List or accepted right out?
H_double_J
Full Member
I was accepted right out. I was kinda surprised since I only interviewed 2 weeks ago and they said that 80+% of the class comes from the alternate list so I was expecting to hear that I got on AL in about 2-4 more weeks. Pleasantly surprised though!Congrats! Were you pulled from the Alternate List or accepted right out?
D
deleted1124957
OOS A after being placed on alternate in November
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS A after AL
D
deleted1174679
I know they dont take updates but how do I send transcript? Do they need official ones or should I copy paste it?
OOS pre-II R just now