Alternate Survivors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you'll be fine as long as you never, ever say "well, that's how we do it up north" or any variation of that phrase;)

Ugh, when my BF and I started dating (He's from NY, I'm from FL), every thing he did or said ended up being a comparison with the North and the South, and I really just wanted him to shut up about it :laugh:
And when it gets really heated he says "Who won the war?" :eyebrow:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! UGA is an awesome school and Athens is a great town. And don't worry about being the only Yankee, you'll be fine as long as you never, ever say "well, that's how we do it up north" or any variation of that phrase;)

:thumbup:

People are very very very much into school spirit and being a fan of everything bulldog. :laugh:

Yeah I just got her email that she is starting to call alternates and now I'm freaking out! :eek: Congrats on another acceptance though! :D

Eeekk!!! Emiloo!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg!! I got the phone call today while at work!!! So excited!! I am going to vet school!!!! :soexcited:

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

WSU: bearito (4/4)

I am going to be a vet!!!! :eek:

YAY for bbeventer! Congrats to all of you! Great job!

I'm really sorry guys. I just don't really have anyone to talk to about this in my everyday life. All but one of my friends got accepted and neither of the vets I work for were ever waitlisted. :(

Oh I get it. I mean, I have the acceptance in the UK which I currently deferred, but it's still frustrating. This was my 2nd round and people from my school who I feel comparable with all got into multiple schools their first time. =( I know a vet who applied three times before he got in, but he said that was back when you could apply to only one school, so eh.

I'm really sorry guys. I just don't really have anyone to talk to about this in my everyday life. All but one of my friends got accepted and neither of the vets I work for were ever waitlisted. :(

This is my third year. I was waitlisted the first two years and I am on two waitlists this year. I have my acceptance at Edinburgh which I am now finally starting to get excited about. I know how frustrating it is. Please vent all you need; we will understand.

Members don't see this ad :)

You are totally welcome to talk to me about it. This was my first time applying and Oregon is my only hope and I am waitlisted.

I am hoping Virginger, you, and me get good news. We can hope, right?

Feel free to PM me.

Abney, DVMDream, orca2011... wldlfstdnt and I have been commiserating about this for a while, lol. I really hope to see all of us move off of the lists. I will consider any one of us getting in a WIN :) so :xf::luck: for the next few months, hopefully it wont take them long to reshuffle and take us in :oops:

Abney, DVMDream, orca2011... wldlfstdnt and I have been commiserating about this for a while, lol. I really hope to see all of us move off of the lists. I will consider any one of us getting in a WIN :) so :xf::luck: for the next few months, hopefully it wont take them long to reshuffle and take us in :oops:

I shall be thinking good thoughts for all of us. :thumbup::thumbup:

My second year applying, nada last year, just really nice knowing there are some people that understand exactly what I'm going through.
And really they would be missing out if they don't scoop us up right?!?!?!
:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Well... Auburn started calling off of their waitlist this morning

No, it wasn't me. *sigh*

Well... Auburn started calling off of their waitlist this morning

No, it wasn't me. *sigh*

:( sorry. That makes me nervous. Oh and I have a review today with a school that rejected me

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I just got an email from Florida offering me a seat. I think I was number 26 or something on the list. This is probably the hardest "no" that I have to make, but I will be declining the acceptance. Now someone just tell me that I'm making the right decision...

I just got an email from Florida offering me a seat. I think I was number 26 or something on the list. This is probably the hardest "no" that I have to make, but I will be declining the acceptance. Now someone just tell me that I'm making the right decision...

Why are you saying no? Maybe that'll help with the decision.

I can't tell you that... but I'm biased ;)

Oh man, I'm really hoping to see this thread explode today!!!!! :xf::luck:

:luck::luck::luck::luck: Everyone!!!! I can't wait to see all the posts in here :) :xf::xf::xf:

:luck::luck::luck::luck: Everyone!!!! I can't wait to see all the posts in here :) :xf::xf::xf:

Having fun using words? :D

I can't wait to see this thread blow up also!!!! I have special kick lines reserved for people!

Ready Set Explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on wait lists start going crazy!!

Why are you saying no? Maybe that'll help with the decision.

I loved UF because of their shelter medicine program, hands down. Ohio also has a shelter med program (though I need to do a bit more independent searching for opportunities than I would at UF). I'm not 100% sure I am going to go into shelter med, so it seems pretty silly (to me, at least) to pick a school based on an opportunity that I'm not sure I'm going to pursue (especially when OSU has a shelter med program). OSU has a higher caseload, and I think will give me more opportunities in the NE where I eventually want to practice. OSU allows you to take electives, which UF doesn't until 4th year. I would need to stay the summer after 1st year at OSU (for residency purposes) as opposed to the summer after 2nd year at UF (for clinics); I think 2nd year summer would be a better time during my education to pursue externships. OSU is closer to NJ, and is right near a major airport. I am worried about the humidity in Florida with my migraines (A HUGE ISSUE for me).

That's pretty much the bulk of it.

Lol, Emiloo :)

I loved UF because of their shelter medicine program, hands down. Ohio also has a shelter med program (though I need to do a bit more independent searching for opportunities than I would at UF). I'm not 100% sure I am going to go into shelter med, so it seems pretty silly (to me, at least) to pick a school based on an opportunity that I'm not sure I'm going to pursue (especially when OSU has a shelter med program). OSU has a higher caseload, and I think will give me more opportunities in the NE where I eventually want to practice. OSU allows you to take electives, which UF doesn't until 4th year. I would need to stay the summer after 1st year at OSU (for residency purposes) as opposed to the summer after 2nd year at UF (for clinics); I think 2nd year summer would be a better time during my education to pursue externships. OSU is closer to NJ, and is right near a major airport. I am worried about the humidity in Florida with my migraines (A HUGE ISSUE for me).

Sounds like you have it all figured out! Congratulations!!!! :D

Overall, Ohio sounds like a better choice, especially because they do have a shelter med program. Being able to take electives earlier sounds good, too.

If you think your migraines would be worse in Florida, then I would really think about that. I don't think I have migraines, but have headaches very very often and it makes me miserable when I have to study a lot. So, if you think you'd feel better in Ohio, then I'd consider that, too.

Having fun using words? :D

I can't wait to see this thread blow up also!!!! I have special kick lines reserved for people!

OMG you have no idea!!!! I want to post on like every single thread just to get some action in!!!!!

Seriously though, it gives me the happy feeling all over again every time I see someone post in here and the acceptance thread!! DREAMS COMING TRUE!!! :love::love:

Possibly? Also it is only 9 am PST, so people are probably arriving at work, settling in, and then tackling the waitlisters.

Let's hope whatever the hold up is that it ends soon :D:thumbup: This thread is even more exciting to me than the acceptance thread. Just knowing how anxious I was after being waitlisted after my first few interviews :(. The sooner the waitlisters hear back, the less grey hairs :p Plus I hope people on here get the spots I gave up :D:D!

Let's hope whatever the hold up is that it ends soon :D:thumbup: This thread is even more exciting to me than the acceptance thread. Just knowing how anxious I was after being waitlisted after my first few interviews :(. The sooner the waitlisters hear back, the less grey hairs :p Plus I hope people on here get the spots I gave up :D:D!

AKD, you are going to Davis c/o 2016, right?

And you are totally right. This is more exciting!!! Bc I know what it means to be waitlisted :smack:

Answered my own question. The phone app doesn't let you see signatures.

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11)

Davis: butterjelly (4/16, call)

:D:D:D:D:D

georgia: Flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, oos, declined)

florida: Seahawk10 (oos email 4/11)

illinois: Bbeventer (call 4/10)

oregon state: Circuitbreaker (is e-mail 03/27)

wsu: Bearito (4/4)

davis: butterjelly (4/16, call)

:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

yay!!!! It begins!!!! Congrats!!! :hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!! super exciting since we will now be classmates :p

thanks everyone!!!!! will soon join the fb page and meet everyone :)))))

YAY BUTTERJELLY!!!
2thumbs.gif
bananalove.gif
confetti.gif

Congrats butterjelly! That is awesome!!!

Yeeeeaaaaah congratulations!!!!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile