Alternate Survivors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really want that email from Oregon. :xf::luck::xf: I am nauseous today. I think it is a combination of nerves and that I ate cake for breakfast.

:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

CAke??? Ack! Should have gone with eggs

Emilloo 4, I lived in fort collins and did a semester at CSU in 2010, also did a volunteer semester with the livestock medicine department at the teaching hospital. Fort Collins is a great town and CSU has an incredible vet program. I am not trying to sway you in your decision, but I have to say its pretty darn awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Emilloo 4, I lived in fort collins and did a semester at CSU in 2010, also did a volunteer semester with the livestock medicine department at the teaching hospital. Fort Collins is a great town and CSU has an incredible vet program. I am not trying to sway you in your decision, but I have to say its pretty darn awesome.

Ugh! I know!!! It's SOOOOO hard!!! :( Their program is incredible! :eek:

Ugh! I know!!! It's SOOOOO hard!!! :( Their program is incredible! :eek:

Shoulda come visit with me!!!! We coulda had a party in my Hilton room across the street! Seriously, everyone was nice in Colorado.

The cake is a lie.

I wish the cake was a lie. It was there and I was running late for work. So I cut a piece and took it with me. My stomach is not happy with me.

@TigerWillow I ended up getting an egg bagel sandwich. It had egg:idea:, though not the best for me.

I wish the cake was a lie. It was there and I was running late for work. So I cut a piece and took it with me. My stomach is not happy with me.

@TigerWillow I ended up getting an egg bagel sandwich. It had egg:idea:, though not the best for me.

If the cake was a lie I would be eating a whole lot less of it.....

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

WSU: bearito (4/4)

OK so I suck.... realized my acceptance was actually to the 5 year program (includes a year of Vet Med Prep and then the Vet program) lol. BUT, this may be even better news, because it gives me IS tuition for CSU's vet school and acceptance is guaranteed with completion of the 1 year Vet Med program. They apparently accept 7 students with an underprivileged past.
So, do I go to CSU as an IS student after a year :love: or do I go to FL now and be done a year earlier!??!?! :confused:

OK so I suck.... realized my acceptance was actually to the 5 year program (includes a year of Vet Med Prep and then the Vet program) lol. BUT, this may be even better news, because it gives me IS tuition for CSU's vet school and acceptance is guaranteed with completion of the 1 year Vet Med program. They apparently accept 7 students with an underprivileged past.
So, do I go to CSU as an IS student after a year :love: or do I go to FL now and be done a year earlier!??!?! :confused:

Oh my goodness. Now you definitely have decisions to make. I feel like I'd be more than willing to do the program since you gain IS status and the school just sounds awesome. I'm super jealous. I feel like one year in the grand scheme of things really isn't that big of a deal, especially since it's going to get you IS tuition.

Wow, this is a really tough call!! My gut would be CSU, but just because it was my top choice too :) But what is YOUR gut telling you? What is going to make you the happiest overall? You will be just as good of a vet graduating from either school (in my opinion), but what school is going to help you the most with your end goals? Tough decision girl, but I know you'll make the right one! Congrats again!:love:

WHOA! That's interesting.

Have you visited CSU? It's hard to make a decision without actually seeing the place. How long do they give you to decide?

I wouldn't worry about the one year extra. It's one year. It will fly by. But I'm sure it's added tuition. Do a compare contrast to see how much more money you will be spending. I just know you were kinda dragging your feet about florida!

WHOA! That's interesting.

Have you visited CSU? It's hard to make a decision without actually seeing the place. How long do they give you to decide?

I wouldn't worry about the one year extra. It's one year. It will fly by. But I'm sure it's added tuition. Do a compare contrast to see how much more money you will be spending. I just know you were kinda dragging your feet about florida!

Yeah, I'm dragging my feet because I'm a proud seminole, but that's about it lol. FL is an awesome school and have to keep reminding myself ;) I have until May 1st to decide. It would still be more expensive than FL, but not more than double like I had originally thought. I just sort of feel like a year of vet prep classes is a waste of money :eyebrow: I'm 25 and just ready to DO THIS!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone. I think the pros of FL outweigh the cons. The only con really is the town of Gainesville... especially when you compare it to Ft. Collins :-/ I appreciate everyone here! :love:

Yeah, I'm dragging my feet because I'm a proud seminole, but that's about it lol. FL is an awesome school and have to keep reminding myself ;) I have until May 1st to decide. It would still be more expensive than FL, but not more than double like I had originally thought. I just sort of feel like a year of vet prep classes is a waste of money :eyebrow: I'm 25 and just ready to DO THIS!!! :D

If that's how you feel, then maybe you have your answer. I guess since I'm still pretty young (turning 23 in September), so a year here and there isn't a huge deal to me. Although I do want to live somewhere else besides home cause it's boring but the free rent is awesome and I can't afford to move yet.

If that's how you feel, then maybe you have your answer. I guess since I'm still pretty young (turning 23 in September), so a year here and there isn't a huge deal to me. Although I do want to live somewhere else besides home cause it's boring but the free rent is awesome and I can't afford to move yet.

Orca2011, we are in the same boat, except I am newly 24.

I've always wanted to live in Colorado... it truly is pulling me in that direction. *le sigh*
Gainesville is close to home (no free rent though :(), all my friends and family are there, beautiful weather, and their zoo med and aquatic animal programs are top notch!

But it's COLORADOOOOOOO :love::love::love:

I have a feeling I will be attending FL, but the pull of this and possibly Auburn and LSU is gonna be tough to overcome :eek:

I've always wanted to live in Colorado... it truly is pulling me in that direction. *le sigh*
Gainesville is close to home (no free rent though :(), all my friends and family are there, beautiful weather, and their zoo med and aquatic animal programs are top notch!

But it's COLORADOOOOOOO :love::love::love:

I have a feeling I will be attending FL, but the pull of this and possibly Auburn and LSU is gonna be tough to overcome :eek:

I've heard Colorado is amazing which is one of the reasons I applied there initially besides the program. Everyone says that once you move there you don't come back. Plus, I think they have a lab that's doing some work on prions nearby since I think I read that CWD was first noticed in a herd in Ft. Collins. I find prions so interesting, so that was kind of a plus for me as well.

Although, if I could have applied to Florida, I probably would have. Zoo med and aquatics was kind of my original interest area, so that would be a huge plus. I applied there for grad school but was too late to get considered. =(
And I liked that they have their own veterinary entomology building/department.

You couldn't pay me to take an extra year of 'vet school' even if it kinda is/kinda isn't vet school. Nope.

:laugh: Yeah that's kind of what I'm thinking, and I'm not even IN it yet! :rolleyes:
Thanks!

Ahh CSU is a great school and I think it's going to be even better now that the new dean this year used to be the head vet at Disney's Animal Kingdom! How awesome is that?? I think that he will do great things. He is even the founder of an Elephant Population Management Program in Africa. I wish I was lucky enough to go to CSU (or anywhere really haha)

I'm not entirely sure how this happened as I told the admissions committee to take me OFF the waitlist, but I guess things worked out differently.

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

I'm not entirely sure how this happened as I told the admissions committee to take me OFF the waitlist, but I guess things worked out differently.

Congrats anyway!

I was told I'm pretty high on their list. :(

just curious...did you ask them your ranking on the waitlist? or did they just tell you? bc i want to know where i stand on Dublin's waitlist, but don't want to seem to "bothersome"/"pushy" by asking them???

and congrats to everyone so far!!!!!!! :D

Congratsulations Emiloo and swj !!! :soexcited::highfive:

To the Oregon waitlisters, I have feeling that we might have to wait a little bit longer since they dont rank applicants within the waitlist ... they are probably going to be reviewing the waitlisted applicants again for a couple weeks ... then they will make decisions :luck::xf:

until then im gonna :sleep: :corny: :eek: :poke: ... lol

Thaowey, I called and asked back when I was waitlisted.

Don't overfret waitlisters! I got an email from MSU (Michigan) about their waitlist saying that people won't be hearing until the week of April 23rd. Maybe other schools (like MSU) who don't rank are taking their time as well? its only the second day, deep breaths, good news will come!

Fingers crossed everyone hears good news soon! :love:

Congratsulations Emiloo and swj !!! :soexcited::highfive:

To the Oregon waitlisters, I have feeling that we might have to wait a little bit longer since they dont rank applicants within the waitlist ... they are probably going to be reviewing the waitlisted applicants again for a couple weeks ... then they will make decisions :luck::xf:

until then im gonna :sleep: :corny: :eek: :poke: ... lol

I thought they did rank?? From what Holly told me, they will not give you your rank bc it is constantly changing and wouldn't be fair for you to fret if you are really high.

I thought they did rank?? From what Holly told me, they will not give you your rank bc it is constantly changing and wouldn't be fair for you to fret if you are really high.

Holly told me they don't give waitlist numbers. When a spot opens they evaluate who would be right for that spot.

@Virginger I figure it is going to be a while, but :xf: for good news for us

Holly told me they don't give waitlist numbers. When a spot opens they evaluate who would be right for that spot.

@Virginger I figure it is going to be a while, but :xf: for good news for us

Reread the letter. You are so totally right! My bad

Continue on.

I'm going to be a vet!! AHHHHHH :soexcited:

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17)

YAY!!! Congratulations!!!!! :D:D:D

i'm going to be a vet!! Ahhhhhh :soexcited:

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, oos, declined)

cornell: Ajen (4/16, call, oos), tigerroar (4/17, call oos)

davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

colorado state: Emiloo4 (5 year - oos email 4/17), swj (is email 4/17)

florida: Seahawk10 (oos email 4/11), nstarz (oos email 4/16, declined)

georgia: Flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

illinois: Bbeventer (call 4/10)

kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17)

missouri: Animallover23 (call, 4/16)

oregon state: Circuitbreaker (is e-mail 03/27)

purdue: Zanydogz (oos call, 4/17, declined)

wsu: Bearito (4/4)

woohoo!!!!

Congrats!!!

And I'm a little late but Congrats emiloo on CSU!!!
:xf: for everyone still waiting!

jushorsinaround YAY I thought you were gonna get in!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS :D

this is exciting :):):)

You couldn't pay me to take an extra year of 'vet school' even if it kinda is/kinda isn't vet school. Nope.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Even though we're kind of getting into the clinic now, and will be there full time in June (gah!), there is no way I'd want the extra year of stress and paying tuition. When I think about how much it costs me a day to be here, it gives me a minor panic attack

So excited for all you who are getting called off the waitlist! I know more people will get calls soon! :)

Thanks so much everyone!! This forum is the best ever for inspiration and support.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their phone calls. They will come and when they do it is the best feeling in the world!! :luck::luck::luck::luck:

I've heard Colorado is amazing which is one of the reasons I applied there initially besides the program. Everyone says that once you move there you don't come back. Plus, I think they have a lab that's doing some work on prions nearby since I think I read that CWD was first noticed in a herd in Ft. Collins. I find prions so interesting, so that was kind of a plus for me as well.

Although, if I could have applied to Florida, I probably would have. Zoo med and aquatics was kind of my original interest area, so that would be a huge plus. I applied there for grad school but was too late to get considered. =(
And I liked that they have their own veterinary entomology building/department.

Meh, I've lived in Ft. Collins for the past six years, and I've gotta say I'm ready for a new town. Of course, I hate the snow and haven't really taken advantage of all the outdoorsy stuff to do here. So maybe that's it! Though if CSU had accepted me, I would've chosen them hands down because of IS tuition. But alas... I will say that FoCo is a really nice, safe, bike-friendly place with lots of microbreweries. So if you're a fan of beer (I'm not, so maybe that's another reason why I can't fully appreciate the town!), FoCo is great.

Sounds like this is gonna be a difficult decision for you! Good luck and congrats!

I forgot I came onto this thread for a specific reason!

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined)

Good luck to someone else

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined)

I seriously still can't believe it!!!!! I'm going to be a vet!!!!!!!!!!! I lost all hope for the IS waitlist :)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

I seriously still can't believe it!!!!! I'm going to be a vet!!!!!!!!!!! I lost all hope for the IS waitlist :)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Yes you are!!!!!!!!

Good luck to someone else

Let's just pass that right over here! ;)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :highfive::clap: :D That's got to feel amazing!!!! :thumbup:

I really hope they call me too. :xf::(

-wiggle- This thread makes me so happy.

Congratulations, everyone!

And for those of you still waiting - :xf::xf::xf::xf:

I missed this one!!! Congratulations!!!!!:D:D:D

Has anyone heard of people being called off of the vmrcvm waitlist? I'm on the oos list and figured they'd have started calling more kids since the deposit deadline has past, but I haven't heard of anyone getting one.

Has anyone heard of people being called off of the vmrcvm waitlist? I'm on the oos list and figured they'd have started calling more kids since the deposit deadline has past, but I haven't heard of anyone getting one.

Yup. There are a couple of people over in the VMRCVM that have been called in from the waitlist, and I think our FB group has a couple as well (might be the same, I dunno haha)