Alternate Survivors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meh, I've lived in Ft. Collins for the past six years, and I've gotta say I'm ready for a new town. Of course, I hate the snow and haven't really taken advantage of all the outdoorsy stuff to do here. So maybe that's it! Though if CSU had accepted me, I would've chosen them hands down because of IS tuition. But alas... I will say that FoCo is a really nice, safe, bike-friendly place with lots of microbreweries. So if you're a fan of beer (I'm not, so maybe that's another reason why I can't fully appreciate the town!), FoCo is great.

Sounds like this is gonna be a difficult decision for you! Good luck and congrats!

I meant that part about "not coming back" about Colorado in general, not necessarily Fort Collins. Although it has a lot that appeals to me. Music and microbreweries. I think the bf is slowly making me have a better appreciation for beer. The outdoorsy things. Snow. Just sounds awesome to me.
 
Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)
 
Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

WSU: bearito (4/4)
Congrats FlyingVet! Wink wink 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well this has been a nice sized explosion!! wonderful, congrats to everyone!! And keep them coming 😀
 
Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)
I NEED these!!!!!! :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:
 
I'm trying...I just can't entirely make out what her last name is, so I'm trying to figure it out before calling back and sounding like an idiot.

Lol. Just call back and say you received a call and give your name. They should be able to hook you up 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Orca2011 ( OOS call 4/18)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)
 
Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Orca2011 ( OOS call 4/18)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)
Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:soexcited:
 
Last edited:
I have 48 hours to decide...so I'm currently letting it sink in cause I'm a little shocked. And I want to talk to financial aid and everything first and bounce it off my parents.Not cause it's up to them but I need to talk to them to help me process and they're both at work. I'm just 😱
 
I have 48 hours to decide...so I'm currently letting it sink in cause I'm a little shocked. And I want to talk to financial aid and everything first and bounce it off my parents.Not cause it's up to them but I need to talk to them to help me process and they're both at work. I'm just 😱

Congratulations Orca! That is wonderful news!

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile
 
Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Orca2011 ( OOS call 4/18)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)

Wahoo Orca!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I declined my waitlist for Oregon and Holly said the absolute nicest things to me. Good luck to all of you oregon waitlisters!!!
 
I have 48 hours to decide...so I'm currently letting it sink in cause I'm a little shocked. And I want to talk to financial aid and everything first and bounce it off my parents.Not cause it's up to them but I need to talk to them to help me process and they're both at work. I'm just 😱

NICE!!!!! Congrats! Look forward to hearing you decision 😀
 
So I declined my waitlist for Oregon and Holly said the absolute nicest things to me. Good luck to all of you oregon waitlisters!!!

Yea I did that too and she was awesome! Just got an e-mail from purdue so I should be off their waitlist now as well 😀
 
I'm still shaking...........................😱

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17), Escalla (call 4/18)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Orca2011 ( OOS call 4/18)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)[/QUOTE]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still shaking...........................😱

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17), Escalla (call 4/18)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Orca2011 ( OOS call 4/18)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)
[/QUOTE]


Congrats Escalla!!
 
Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Orca2011 ( OOS call 4/18)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)
Yay Orca2011!!! Congrats!😀
 
Congrats escalla!!! So so SOO happy for you:biglove::biglove::clap::clap::highfive::highfive::soexcited:!! You're gonna ROCK IT at k-state 😀