Am I doing this right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sm24958

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently graduated (C/O 2016) from H.S. with a 4.0 (unweighted) as Valedictorian. I dual enrolled and took Philosophy and English 1102 at my local state college during HS. I earned A+ in both. I will be attending the University of Georgia this fall. I didn't want to sit at home all summer and so I decided to enroll in three classes at my local community college to get more credits (taking these at the local state college wasn't an option since I was no longer dual enrolled).
1.) World Literature
2.) Psychology
3.) History ( Post Civil War)
I'm almost halfway through the courseload. Is taking these courses going to impair me from getting into medical school? I am in panic mode because I heard that community college can hurt medical school chances. Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

OP, take a loooooong deep breath.

Many schools prefer that you do not take pre-reqs at a community college (and even then, it's not an automatic rejection). Enjoy your summer and then focus on doing well in your pre-med and major coursework. Remember EC's/shadowing.

Reactions: 1 users
Relax - you're fine

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OP, take a loooooong deep breath.

Many schools prefer that you do not take pre-reqs at a community college (and even then, it's not an automatic rejection). Enjoy your summer and then focus on doing well in your pre-med and major coursework. Remember EC's/shadowing.
Thank you! So since these three classes are not prereqs I should be fine?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! So since these three classes are not prereqs I should be fine?
Yes dude you're fine. You're honestly not even getting yourself ahead that far. Those will likely just transfer in as lib arts or gen ed credits.

As 1st post said, calm down. You're fine. Take your pre-reqs at a 4-yr., doesn't matter which.

side note: drop the bit about your high school stats (read: freshman year stats) and how great you think you are in future posts. You'll get a lot more back from the comm. here

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users