Anesthesia groups in the South

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d-dimer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking into some groups in the South. Does anyone have thoughts on the following groups or know groups hiring for generalists? Feel free to PM:

GA
-Georgia Anesthesiologists at WellStar Kennestone, Paulding and Douglas Hospitals
-MAK Anesthesia/Strategic Health Partners at WellStar Cobb and WellStar North Fulton
-Emory Specialty Associates Anesthesia at Emory Decatur
-NAPA at Piedmont Fayette and Piedmont Atlanta
-Napa Savannah at St Joseph's/Candler

SC
-Charleston Anesthesia Group
-Anesthesia Associates of Charleston

NC
-ECAA
-PTA
-ACNC
-Scope

VA
-ACV
-Atlantic Anesthesia
-Commonwealth

TX
-Metro
-USAP PAP
-USAP Las Colinas
-USAP Apex

FL
-USAP Jax

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Looking into some groups in GA, SC, and NC. Does anyone have thoughts on the following groups or know groups hiring for generalists? Feel free to PM:

GA
-Georgia Anesthesiologists at WellStar Kennestone, Paulding and Douglas Hospitals
-MAK Anesthesia/Strategic Health Partners at WellStar Cobb and WellStar North Fulton
-Emory Specialty Associates Anesthesia at Emory Decatur
-NAPA at Piedmont Fayette and Piedmont Atlanta
-Napa Savannah at St Joseph's/Candler

SC
-Charleston Anesthesia Group
-Anesthesia Associates of Charleston

NC
-ECAA
-PTA

Thanks in advance

I’d be curious to know more about the GA groups too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I work in Greenville SC and spent 10y in Charleston. Happy to answer SC questions.

Our group is always hiring good candidates, and IMO have a great job to offer people interested in work hard/play hard jobs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Greenville is such a great city…but I had heard the hospital system took over the private group. That not true?

We are now a department and hospital employed. Not too much else changed (retirement and having a role in the med school). Still very productive (work hard play hard model intact).

Greenville has seen an incredible renaissance and is a great place to live.

Reactions: 2 users
Greenville, SC turned into one of my favorite southern cities. Cool downtown, mountains and lakes super close with the coast not too far away yet low hurricane risk. And the swamp rabbit trail is pretty slick, my favorite half marathon spot.

There aren’t many good practices in GA though I’m far from an expert (did practice for 11 years there).

We are now a department and hospital employed. Not too much else changed (retirement and having a role in the med school). Still very productive (work hard play hard model intact).

Greenville has seen an incredible renaissance and is a great place to live.
Your group got that young guy from the mid-Atlantic a couple years ago?

Greenville, SC turned into one of my favorite southern cities. Cool downtown, mountains and lakes super close with the coast not too far away yet low hurricane risk. And the swamp rabbit trail is pretty slick, my favorite half marathon spot.

There aren’t many good practices in GA though I’m far from an expert (did practice for 11 years there).

Do you remember anything about the Atlanta groups?

Do you remember anything about the Atlanta groups?
All I really heard was how the AMCs controlled the market there. I've seen the GasWork postings but never looked into any of them. We had a few Emory grads in my practice including a fairly recent one. He did CT so was only looking at those jobs and sounds like he almost took one (can't quite remember which hospital). Obviously just my opinion, but the traffic and crime are awful in ATL. Unless you really, really want to live there, I'd steer clear.

Looking into some groups in the South. Does anyone have thoughts on the following groups or know groups hiring for generalists? Feel free to PM:

GA
-Georgia Anesthesiologists at WellStar Kennestone, Paulding and Douglas Hospitals - i think still true partnership, heard they tried to sell out a few years ago and hospital stopped it. no idea on partnership length etc.
-MAK Anesthesia/Strategic Health Partners at WellStar Cobb and WellStar North Fulton - they are run by a single anesthesiologist, no true partnership from what i hear, straight salary, they now cover Atlanta medical center which isnt great.
-Emory Specialty Associates Anesthesia at Emory Decatur -Used to be a single anesthesiologist run group that was exclusively outpatient, he got fired and now emory is more hands on, lots of flux since they had to take on emory decatur which is ob heavy hospital
-NAPA at Piedmont Fayette and Piedmont Atlanta - big NAPA group, i think a decent job compared to some of the other AMC jobs I hear about
-Napa Savannah at St Joseph's/Candler - don't know anything

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

I know several folks who joined the group in Gainesville Georgia, sounds like a really solid group