This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureortho14

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN! If anyone out there is like me, you are having another sleepless night due to thinking about how you aren't accepted to any dental schools and the lovely anxiety paired with it!

Has anyone else NOT heard from any schools? I have applied to 13 and been rejected from 2 (Temple [dec 3], LECOM [august]) and have heard nothing from the other 11 :)

ANYONE ELSE SUFFERING LIKE ME?

Members don't see this ad.

Keep strong! There is still time left! If you don't mind me asking, did you get rejected from temple after interviewing there?

Hello SDN! If anyone out there is like me, you are having another sleepless night due to thinking about how you aren't accepted to any dental schools and the lovely anxiety paired with it!

Has anyone else NOT heard from any schools? I have applied to 13 and been rejected from 2 (Temple [dec 3], LECOM [august]) and have heard nothing from the other 11 :)

ANYONE ELSE SUFFERING LIKE ME?
OMG!!! I'm in the same boat!!! I applied to 20 schools, interviewed at 4 (UCSF, UNLV, Utah, and Colorado). I got waitlisted at Utah, and a decline from Penn, NYU, and Texas A&M. But no acceptance and no word on the others!! Its driving me crazy. I feel your pain and wish lots of luck!!! Luck for both of us!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand! I applied to 11. Had 2 pre dec interviews (rejected from 1 and heard nothing from the other). I then had 3 post dec 3rd interviews. So far was waitlisted from one of the 3 and I have one The end of this month and the other I haven’t heard a thing.

OMG!!! I'm in the same boat!!! I applied to 20 schools, interviewed at 4 (UCSF, UNLV, Utah, and Colorado). I got waitlisted at Utah, and a decline from Penn, NYU, and Texas A&M. But no acceptance and no word on the others!! Its driving me crazy. I feel your pain and wish lots of luck!!! Luck for both of us!!
May I ask you what your stats are?

Same boat here. rejected from UCSF soon after applying and haven't heard from literally anyone else. Apps were confirmed mid july. 3.2 undergrad gpa, 3.77 master's gpa, 24 TS 24 AA. good shadowing, extracurricular, etc...

I wonder how many schools are still sending out interviews. Getting nervous.

I'm shocked that you got rejected from NYU already! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

Update!! I was accepted yesterday morning by UNLV! Friday 1/18/2019
I can breathe a sigh of relief!! Unless I get an offer from UCSF... I'll be declining any future interviews/offers.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm shocked that you got rejected from NYU already! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?
I submitted late june... I dont remember the date exactly.

Reactions: 1 user
Update!! I was accepted yesterday morning by UNLV! Friday 1/18/2019
I can breathe a sigh of relief!! Unless I get an offer from UCSF... I'll be declining any future interviews/offers.

Congrats! that's awesome news.

Why are some people saying they're on the same boat if they already got interviews lol? It seems like the OP hasn't received interviews from what I understand.

Suffering? Yes! I haven't heard from my top choices. 3.85 pbGPA and 21AA DAT. But there is still some time. Stay hopeful and positive. I am sure you'll hear back soon!

You are all waiting for those who posted two school acceptances to decide. When the classes are filled, the final rejection letters will go out. And then there will be those few spots over the summer that open up when someone decides they are no longer going to dental school for some unknown reason. It's like being on standby at the airport on the last flight out, and you are not the first name on the list. Stay cool. Work on an alternate plan just in case. Luck comes to the most prepared.

Reactions: 4 users
grats!
how many years did it take to pull your gpa up?
quite a big jump
Well, I came back to school with that initial 1.8 gpa. I had random classes, so I basically started from scratch and took everything needed for my major. and it took me 4 years to finish. I also did my Postbacc at UCSF, which I'm sure helped a lot!

Well, I came back to school with that initial 1.8 gpa. I had random classes, so I basically started from scratch and took everything needed for my major. and it took me 4 years to finish. I also did my Postbacc at UCSF, which I'm sure helped a lot!

did you say that you got rejected after interviewing at nyu? and what is the postbacc you did at UCSF?

did you say that you got rejected after interviewing at nyu? and what is the postbacc you did at UCSF?
Postbacc... is a one year program designed to help you look more competitive when applying. Its basically a year of upper division science courses. NYU did not interview me, they just rejected. hope that helps

I applied to six schools. Interviewed at two (wait listed at one of them, silence from the other), got rejected without interview from the other, and no news from anybody else.

Why are some people saying they're on the same boat if they already got interviews lol? It seems like the OP hasn't received interviews from what I understand.

Suffering? Yes! I haven't heard from my top choices. 3.85 pbGPA and 21AA DAT. But there is still some time. Stay hopeful and positive. I am sure you'll hear back soon!

Yes thank you!!! I HAVENT gotten even an interview invitation

Thank you!! I have NOT even gotten an interview invitation.

Good luck to everyone!