-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????
Started by doctor_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MCAT 27/3.86 GPA
Interviews with VCU and Duke
Still waiting for my file to be complete at most of the schools I applied to.
fellow 27er, good luck! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not trying to stir anything up, but could you guys specify your acceptances school-wise and/or whether it is a DO or MD acceptance👍
Looks like I have some hope then. I've had 5 interview invites, and have completed 1 already. I hope I get some acceptances from those interviews. Btw, 28P/3.87 cum GPA.29S/3.74 GPA from CA and complete late september/october - I have 4 MD Interviews with 1 MD Acceptance
Hi there, 29 MCAT with <3.5 GPA. I've received 6 MD interviews but was complete WAY BACK. I'm talkin like July/August.
27 MCAT with 3.9 GPA.. But I was complete in July.. I received an interview in Oct and found out I was in the first of november.
(MD acceptance) Sorry, meant to specify.
hahah me and you both.5 MD Interviews so far with a 27L. I hate typing that score!!
1
Last edited:
Just wanted to specify that all my interviews are for MD schools. I didn't apply to any DO schools. My interviews are at Iowa, Indiana, UW Madison, MCW, and U of Toledo. Still waiting to hear from the other 6 schools I applied to. Good luck to us 27-29 MCATers.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
29M and 3.65 sci gpa. Interviews at U of MD, GW, and Tulane. Acceptances at GW and Tulane! Still waiting to hear from U of MD.
I got a 28 on my second MCAT, gpa ~3.7 and applied fairly "late" (finished my apps by the end of october). i've had 2 interviews, 1 acceptance (temple 🙂 ) and 2 more interviews in 2008. still waiting to hear from the other schools I applied to, but at least no rejections yet.
it's very possible, but no doubt stressful when you look at average scores, gpas, and most of the other SDN profiles. it's all goooooood.
it's very possible, but no doubt stressful when you look at average scores, gpas, and most of the other SDN profiles. it's all goooooood.
I just found out on the Drexel status page, that I need to schedule an interview. yay!Just wanted to specify that all my interviews are for MD schools. I didn't apply to any DO schools. My interviews are at Iowa, Indiana, UW Madison, MCW, and U of Toledo. Still waiting to hear from the other 6 schools I applied to. Good luck to us 27-29 MCATers.
27 MCAT. 3.7 GPA
Interviews: University of Rochester, University of Pittsburgh, University of Connecticut
Acceptance: University of Connecticut
Interviews: University of Rochester, University of Pittsburgh, University of Connecticut
Acceptance: University of Connecticut
I thought I would throw out my two cents as well...
29 MCAT (11 P, 10 V, 8 BIO, M writing sample)
3 MD interviews (Texas A&M, UTMB-Galveston, VCU)
1 DO interview (TCOM)
2 MD acceptances and 1 DO acceptance (A&M, UTMB, TCOM)
scores definately dont count for everything! 🙂
WOOHOO! UTMB class of 2012!!!
29 MCAT (11 P, 10 V, 8 BIO, M writing sample)
3 MD interviews (Texas A&M, UTMB-Galveston, VCU)
1 DO interview (TCOM)
2 MD acceptances and 1 DO acceptance (A&M, UTMB, TCOM)
scores definately dont count for everything! 🙂
WOOHOO! UTMB class of 2012!!!
28-O: 12PS
6VR (I'm an ESL student)
10BS
3.873 GPA
So far 1 MD post-interview reject, 1 DO acceptance.
2 MD sintervies in Jan. Waiting for some schools to respond...
see mdapp for more info...
and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 🙂🙂🙂
6VR (I'm an ESL student)
10BS
3.873 GPA
So far 1 MD post-interview reject, 1 DO acceptance.
2 MD sintervies in Jan. Waiting for some schools to respond...
see mdapp for more info...
and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 🙂🙂🙂
I got a 29 MCAT with 3.5 GPA. Average EC's. I have two interviews so far, waiting to hear from 5 other schools. Most of my applications were completed in September or early October. My cousin got in early decision with a 27 and a GPA of around 3.4 to University of Cincinnati. Good luck all!
I have been posting to this, but have gotten some news so I thought I would update it:
29R (best scores), 3.34 sGPA and 3.44 GPA. One osteo acceptance (MSUCOM), FOUR MD interviews scheduled or waiting to hear back from (NYMC, Temple, St Louis, Wright State)!! Apps complete from beginning of August through end of October (I completed SLU really late and on a whim, and got an invite out of it!!!). It most certainly can be done!
29R (best scores), 3.34 sGPA and 3.44 GPA. One osteo acceptance (MSUCOM), FOUR MD interviews scheduled or waiting to hear back from (NYMC, Temple, St Louis, Wright State)!! Apps complete from beginning of August through end of October (I completed SLU really late and on a whim, and got an invite out of it!!!). It most certainly can be done!
I had a 29R (10, 10, 9) on the August MCAT, and applied to 6 schools. I've been accepted at MSUCOM, and waitlisted at MSU CHM. I have a 3.67 GPA, and thought I had a shot at being interviewed at Wayne State...but its not looking good.
I had a 29R (10, 10, 9) on the August MCAT, and applied to 6 schools. I've been accepted at MSUCOM, and waitlisted at MSU CHM. I have a 3.67 GPA, and thought I had a shot at being interviewed at Wayne State...but its not looking good.
Check out the Wayne thread if you want to see exactly how they break down who gets an interview...they do it by MCAT score, so those of us with lower scores are just now starting to be considered! People with stats similar to yours got an invite this month, so you may very well get an invite at the beginning of February! Good luck (I am also holding an acceptance at MSUCOM, so I may see ya in June)!
hey any international students with 27-29 mcat score recieved any interviews or acceptances yet? if so, where? and when were u complete?? There is so much discrimination against international students...that its hard to even know whether you should bother applying!..any experiences?
thanks.🙂
thanks.🙂
Got my 3rd interview invite last week. All OOS. 16 open/pending applications.
4 rejections so far. Applied only MD.
4 rejections so far. Applied only MD.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is possible to get in with less than 30. At least I did! and into great schools! Best wishes my friends...I didn't list all my stats but I think that having a strong GPA and EC does greatly help. Your PS gotta be outstanding too!
There is hope for sub-30 med school hopefuls!
27 MCAT
3.65(3.68 after fall update)
3 Interview Invites: UMiami, Temple, Stony Brook
I'm an MS1 at Mercer University in Georgia. Got waitlisted at MCG, USUHS, and Morehouse (I'm not a minority). Got accepted to GA-PCOM (osteo) and Mercer University (allo). Stats: 27P, GPA 3.56, volunteered at free clinic that just happened to be staffed by a bunch of Mercer docs who serve on the admission committee. It took me two rejections before I got the acceptance but it CAN be done. Persistence seems to mean a lot to them. Making it through medical school requires a butt-load of persistence, so why shouldn't teh admissions process?
One guy in my class got in on his first try with an MCAT of 21. I'm sure his other stats were great, but that should tell you something. Don't loose heart.
28Q MCAT 2 MD Interviews (Meharry and USUHS) - Not a URM
Hi, I am international student (meaning my undergrad is from a foreign country but grad shcool in the US) I have a 27O and have had two interviews so far. One completed at UNMC and the other one come=ing up in March at UMass. Applied to 18 schools and rejected from 4 so far. Praying for a few more interviews. Waiting on UNMC decision.Hope this helps. I just got my perm.resident last year a week before I submitted my AMCAS.hey any international students with 27-29 mcat score recieved any interviews or acceptances yet? if so, where? and when were u complete?? There is so much discrimination against international students...that its hard to even know whether you should bother applying!..any experiences?
thanks.🙂
27Q, with 4 interviews (SLU, MCW, UVM, Creighton), 2 acceptances (SLU, MCW) and a whole lot of rejections. It can be done, even though I didn't think so at the beginning. Good luck!
Just throwing in my 2 cents...
29T, 3.74 BCPM, 3.79 overall. 4 MD interviews (UMass, Drexel, NYMC, UVM), three of which are coming up next month. No acceptances yet. This thread is great- it's nice to see from everyone's experiences that numbers aren't everything. Good luck everyone!
29T, 3.74 BCPM, 3.79 overall. 4 MD interviews (UMass, Drexel, NYMC, UVM), three of which are coming up next month. No acceptances yet. This thread is great- it's nice to see from everyone's experiences that numbers aren't everything. Good luck everyone!
Hey all. I got a 28M /3.88. 5 MD interviews so far. 1 wait-list and still waiting to hear back from the other 4 schools. Good luck to us all. I hope that the mediocre MCAT score doesn't kill us.
29 MCAT
8 physical science, 10 verbal, 11 bio, O writing
4 interviews-Creighton, MCW, UMN-Twin Cities, NYMC
1 acceptance-Creighton
1 waitlist-NYMC
2 awaiting decisions-MCW and UMN-Twin Cities
4 rejections
5 applications pending
8 physical science, 10 verbal, 11 bio, O writing
4 interviews-Creighton, MCW, UMN-Twin Cities, NYMC
1 acceptance-Creighton
1 waitlist-NYMC
2 awaiting decisions-MCW and UMN-Twin Cities
4 rejections
5 applications pending
Just throwing in my 2 cents...
29T, 3.74 BCPM, 3.79 overall. 4 MD interviews (UMass, Drexel, NYMC, UVM), three of which are coming up next month. No acceptances yet. This thread is great- it's nice to see from everyone's experiences that numbers aren't everything. Good luck everyone!
Check that. ONE MD acceptance. Got into UMass today!
Good friend of mine scored a 27 PS:9, VR:10, BS:8. He was a biology major with about a 3.6 GPA. He had volunteer experience, research experience, and worked for a couple years as an operating room assistant (cleaning/arranging OR rooms, transporting patients, stocking -- minimal stuff). He didn't apply especially early and got four interviews. Was eventually accepted at UTSA in TX.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good friend of mine scored a 27 PS:9, VR:10, BS:8. He was a biology major with about a 3.6 GPA. He had volunteer experience, research experience, and worked for a couple years as an operating room assistant (cleaning/arranging OR rooms, transporting patients, stocking -- minimal stuff). He didn't apply especially early and got four interviews. Was eventually accepted at UTSA in TX.
That's one of the schools I'm waiting on, was he in in state?
I have 4 MD interview:
Colorado, EVMS, NYMC and Drexel
I don't have much in the way of impressive and a mediocre GPA so basically if I can do it so can anyone with a less than 30 MCAT
Colorado, EVMS, NYMC and Drexel
I don't have much in the way of impressive and a mediocre GPA so basically if I can do it so can anyone with a less than 30 MCAT
That's one of the schools I'm waiting on, was he in in state?
Yes. He graduated from UT in Austin and grew up in Houston. In his interview for UTSA, he was told that the school prides itself in selecting applicants that have an interesting background. He struggled with the MCAT, scoring a 25 or 26 on his first try. He gave it another shot, improved very little, but decided to apply. It was obviously a right choice.
Yes. He graduated from UT in Austin and grew up in Houston. In his interview for UTSA, he was told that the school prides itself in selecting applicants that have an interesting background. He struggled with the MCAT, scoring a 25 or 26 on his first try. He gave it another shot, improved very little, but decided to apply. It was obviously a right choice.
Yeah I got that whole speech too, that's one of the reasons I was kind of hoping for that school. I'm oos though, so my chances aren't as great as if I was a texas resident. Thanks for the hope booster 👍
I'm not trying to stir anything up, but could you guys specify your acceptances school-wise and/or whether it is a DO or MD acceptance👍
it would be less confusing if they just left DO out altogether.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 408
- Locked
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 4K