Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bumpppppp

anyone so far ?

me, me, me! I got a 28M. NYMC. But I'm pretty much a rockstar as well, so I'm sure that helped. Hehe. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT - 28R

MD Interview invites so far - Dartmouth (September 23rd) and Loyola Stritch (September 27th).

I'm optimistic that there will be more.

MCAT - 28R

MD Interview invites so far - Dartmouth (September 23rd) and Loyola Stritch (September 27th).

I'm quite optimistic as well. Go 28's.

Members don't see this ad :)
daaaayum yeah for the 28 love ! i'm still waiting on interviews but that's good to hear that not everyone who has an interview has a 44 ! :D:D good luckkk :luck::luck:

I got a 27 and have received interview invites to Boston and FIU =)

29P, Interviewed at TCOM, UTMB, UT Houston so far, have an invite to Paul Foster in El Paso, hoping for some love from UTSA and Tech! Very pleased so far!

Just got my scores today- 27P- crazy PS section- hopefully interviews will come soon

MCAT - 28R

Wow congratulations on the Dartmouth interview! Would love to have that one!

Wow congratulations on the Dartmouth interview! Would love to have that one!

Thanks!! I hope good news comes your way soon :luck:

Update: Received an interview invite from UC Irvine.

I'd love to chat with all the peopel who have told me that it could not be done with an MCAT under 30. p.s. i realize i have no acceptances yet, but many (especially on this site) peope have laughed when I tell them I am applying with my score, and assume I will get no interviews whatsover.

All MCATers in the high 20s.......KEEP ON TRUCKIN' AND IGNORE THE HATERS.

I was wait-listed at NYMC this past cycle....hoping for interviews this cycle.

10bs 10ps 9vr

I have a 29 and got waitlisted at Wake Forest and Drexel last year. This year I already have one MD interview at Eastern Virginia Medical School. There is hope for the sub-30's!

29M with interview invites from UTMB and UTSW.

Anybody that isn't an URM get interviews with those MCAT scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey any students with 27-29 mcat score recieved any interviews yet? if so, where? and when where u complete??

thanks.:)

Not this year, but I got 2 interviews with a 24 and one with a 26. Don't fret. Your time will come eventually.

Great thread. I'm a nontrad (38 yrs old, long career in mortgage industry, lots of leadership, lots of varied shadowing).
Texas resident. 3.81 sci gpa, 3.89 non sci, 3.85 overall.
29O, them retook and somehow did worse and ended up with a 27Q. Best combined score would be 30-if any schools do this.
Interviewed at TCOM, UT Houston, Tech El Paso, and Texas A&M.
No word yet from Baylor, UTSW, UTMB, UTSA.

I just got my first interview UT Houston....I got a 28Q, and I didn't have my app complete until late July. I am definitely starting to have hope, and you all should too. It is only mid-September!

Thanks!! I hope good news comes your way soon :luck:

Update: Received an interview invite from UC Irvine.

I'd love to chat with all the peopel who have told me that it could not be done with an MCAT under 30. p.s. i realize i have no acceptances yet, but many (especially on this site) peope have laughed when I tell them I am applying with my score, and assume I will get no interviews whatsover.

All MCATers in the high 20s.......KEEP ON TRUCKIN' AND IGNORE THE HATERS.

You're my hero...i feel the same way!

Hi, can someone please help me. I just got my scores back few days ago and got 25M. Is there any hope for any US MD schools? can someone please give me some schools that I should apply? i am very confused. I have already submitted my AMCAS in first week of sept and waiting for it to be verified. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, can someone please help me. I just got my scores back few days ago and got 25M. Is there any hope for any US MD schools? can someone please give me some schools that I should apply? i am very confused. I have already submitted my AMCAS in first week of sept and waiting for it to be verified. any help will be greatly appreciated.

In all honesty, i think applying to allo schools for this cycle will be a huge waste of your money. My impression is that you havent even begun secondaries so not only are you getting in late in the game, but your score is a HUGE drawback. Even with super early submission (had you gotten that score earlier) you probably wouldnt get much (or any) love. Cant say much else without knowing what the rest of your app is like but if you're interested, consider DO schools (though i think you need to have shadowed a DO and have a letter from one) or wait until next cycle and work on improving that score.

Also, you'd get more feedback posting in "what are my chances?"

hi everyone! i have a 27N (PS 9/VR 7/BS 11) with a 3.85 gpa. i have an interview at Morehouse in Atlanta and to Michigan State University CHM in october. so we will see what happens!

29P / 8 VR / 11 PS / 10 BS

Interviews: Drexel, UMDNJ - RWJ

no word yet.

GO TEAM < 30!

Hey guys i usually just browse here but i have to post:

29n (11VR 7PS 11BS)

Interview at UTHSC-SA
Interview invite at UTHSC-H (Set for this friday..probably post-poned)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Hey everyone, I joined SDN just to add some moral support to this thread.

28Q, nontrad (27 and journalism undergrad), not URM

Interview at Pittsburgh next week.

Good luck to all of us!

hi everyone! i have a 27N (PS 9/VR 7/BS 11) with a 3.85 gpa. i have an interview at Morehouse in Atlanta and to Michigan State University CHM in october. so we will see what happens!

i have an interview at the University of Illonois now too. :D

29P 12,7,10 3.79 cGPA - Invite to El Paso for Thursday....anyone else gonna be there?

Hey, I got a 27 too. Can you tell me what your other stats are? :) I really want to inverview with A&M (I'm an Aggie). :(

3.56 science GPA and 3.76 overall GPA. Good luck to you!!!

I have a combined MCAT score of 28 after taking it twice... (9 PS 9 VR 7 BS, 9 PS 6 VR 10 BS) and 3.05 cumulative GPA (2.97 BCPM) I have interviews at Case Western Reserve University and South Carolina in October. I have learned to take everything on SDN with a grain of salt because nobody knows your individual situation. Apply broadly, make a compelling case, and have faith!

26P
9v 8p 9b

5 osteopathic interviews out of 5 applied to

1 allopathic interview as of today

29O

9V, 9P, 11B

2 Allopathic interviews and 5 Osteopathic interviews

....reapplicant

28O, 3.5 GPA
2 MD interviews already, 1 IS, 1 OOS

Everyone keep your heads up! Its not ALL a numbers game, and its still super early.

29 MCAT, 3.5 science GPA, 3.67 cumulative. 6 MD interview invites so far:
University of Pittsburgh, Tufts University, NYMC, EVMS, VCU/MCV, Tulane.
Numbers are not everything!

26P
9v 8p 9b

5 osteopathic interviews out of 5 applied to

1 allopathic interview as of today

* do you mind telling which MD school you applied? I have almost the same MCAT scores like you but am having hard time figuring out which schools to apply.

I got a 26 too, I hope i get at least 1-2 interviews out of the 5 schools.

This thread is keeping my MD dream alive and giving me motivation to finish the 3 remaining secondaries I have left!

g/l everyone :)

28R (B10, PS9, V9), 3.76GPA (Bio Major)... screw it, just click on my MDApps profile :D

Also, I submitted 25 secondary applications throughout July and August, which means that I applied pretty early.

So far I've ascertained interviews at:

Pittsburgh University
University of Vermont
Creighton University
University of Kentucky

Right on Team <30's!!! Kick some ass!

* do you mind telling which MD school you applied? I have almost the same MCAT scores like you but am having hard time figuring out which schools to apply.

The interview is to FSU. I have yet to hear back from the 10 other MD schools I applied to.

I got my first interview with a 27P (7,11,9) yesterday to UT Houston as an OOS student