Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Check that. ONE MD acceptance. Got into UMass today!
Awesome! Congratulations!👍
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Check that. ONE MD acceptance. Got into UMass today!
Awesome! Congratulations!👍
28MCAT 3.5GPA, no luck at all =(
no interview, no confirmation, no nothing!?!?
NYMC, Drexel, EVMS, VCU/MCV, Downstate, Wayne State
As you can see, none of these are top schools, but who cares, they're all great programs IMO.
As for secrets, I really couldn't tell you. Some might call me lucky, I have 1 summer of clinical experience and the rest of my AMCAS is stuff I enjoy (fitness hobbies/jobs). IMO, if there was 1 strength to my application, it would be the fact that I was consistent with that 1 fitness aspect. It's what I truly love, and what drove my towards medicine, and I let schools know that in every way possible.
If you really want a secret, it would be to apply early and broadly, and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck y'all! You really don't need 30+ to get into medical school, although it would definitely help.
Edit: And Oh yea, play up your strengths as much as possible, not your weaknesses.
hey any students with 27-29 mcat score recieved any interviews yet? if so, where? and when where u complete??
thanks.🙂
I have a 29 from April. I was complete at most schools in Oct and have 4 MD interviews (University of Nevada SOM, West Virginia University SOM, University of Washington SOM, and St. Louis University SOM) and 1 MD acceptance at SLU- still really pumped, I just got the email today!!!!
There is hope for you guys with MCATs below 30, even if you didn't apply super early.
GOOD LUCK ALL, I'm rooting for the <30 bunch!!!
anybody get an interview with a 8 on their bio score........i have a 29 (11V, 10PS, 8Bio)...
A friend of mine got a 27 and was accepted to UCSD three weeks ago.
If I did it,I know you can! 😛 Good luck people!😍
27O (9,9,9) GPA 3.58 (last 3 years GPA >3.9)
Applied 3 OOS, 2 IS
No interviews OOS (Texas-family lives there/ grew up there)
2 IS Interviews (GA) (1 acceptance/1 Waiting for decision)
Applied in November--Can't stress early application enough.
I was told that with my ECs, clinical experience (PA in IM/Peds for 5 yrs, Nurse in ER previously), state ties, etc. I had a good chance for TX schools if I had applied early. Oh well, I like the school I was accepted at, just more debt compared to the super low TX tuition.
Don't give up hope--Keep working for your goals.
Update: 2 IS Acceptances (Mercer, MCG)

Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.