Any Cook County residents out there? holla'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarface

is yo' boy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There have been many inquiries on this forum about the Chicago programs, and most of the programs have been represented by their respective residents, voluntarily of course. This has given us, the applicants, tremendous insight and has helped when considering our rank lists. I'd still like to "hear" (more like read) about Cook from one or two of their residents. Some q's I still have are re: the perceived malignancy, treatment of residents (suspensed if caught w/ food in the ED?), satisfaction with the curriculum both clinically and academically, procedures (PGY3 w/ 2 intubations?), etc.

Thanks and plz feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

suspensed if caught w/ food in the ED?

I'm not a resident there, but as I alluded in a previous thread, food in the ED was only a problem when Dr. Simon (the chair) was in the ED, which was only a couple of times a month. Apparently he had a very strong opinion about it.

scarface said:
There have been many inquiries on this forum about the Chicago programs, and most of the programs have been represented by their respective residents, voluntarily of course. This has given us, the applicants, tremendous insight and has helped when considering our rank lists. I'd still like to "hear" (more like read) about Cook from one or two of their residents. Some q's I still have are re: the perceived malignancy, treatment of residents (suspensed if caught w/ food in the ED?), satisfaction with the curriculum both clinically and academically, procedures (PGY3 w/ 2 intubations?), etc.

Thanks and plz feel free to PM me.

I too would like the same type of info. Please post or PM me as well!

thank you!