Any Korean Pre-meds in this site???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Top 5 "Hot Girl" med schools
1. Vanderbilt (o.k. based on undergraduate girls that you see while walking to med school)
2. University of Southern California
3. University of California at San Diego
4. UCLA
5. Washington University (very underrated. Wash U girls definitely are sleepers!)
6. Hopkins (Honorable mention based on the theory that smart girls are hot!)

OK whoever posted that is way off base. I don't know if you guys are aware, but sometime during 1999-2001, Playboy Magazine did a survey of over 300 undergraduate institutions in the USA, ranking the women based on looks, fashion, and sexual promiscuity. UT Austin was first, not surprising since they have over 35000 students and by sheer statistics would win.

Hopkins was around 260 for women. I thought it was because it was a small college. Then I attended and found out I was wrong. It's like someone built this school on the edge of a cliff, then an earthquake shook it off the edge, and on the way down it hit every ugly tree branch jutting out from the cliffside until it smashed at the bottom.

Members don't see this ad :)
As for the Chinese stealing history, they've got over 4000 yrs of history, why the hell would they need Korean history? And if you REALLY wanna get technical, there is no Korea, only the Korean penisular province of China. (ROFLZ that last one REALLY ticks off my mom).

hey eternalrage, if you don't even know the story behind this, look up the news before you start talking.

"There is no Korea?" That second comment was immensely f-ed up of you to say. Just because Korea is a small country and on a peninsula doesn't mean it doesn't have its own culture and history. Both countries have long and rich history, but Korea does have distinct culture and history. It's ignorant and rude of you to talk trash on korea's 3000 year history. It's really disconcerting to know that there are racist, ignorant, and rude people like you will be doctors. You need to go back and learn how to respect.

OK whoever posted that is way off base. I don't know if you guys are aware, but sometime during 1999-2001, Playboy Magazine did a survey of over 300 undergraduate institutions in the USA, ranking the women based on looks, fashion, and sexual promiscuity. UT Austin was first, not surprising since they have over 35000 students and by sheer statistics would win.

Hopkins was around 260 for women. I thought it was because it was a small college. Then I attended and found out I was wrong. It's like someone built this school on the edge of a cliff, then an earthquake shook it off the edge, and on the way down it hit every ugly tree branch jutting out from the cliffside until it smashed at the bottom.

So Superman, I guess you are white-washed?

As a ucla korean graduate, i have to say that we have some of the hottest girls in the US here (including me :))

It's ignorant and rude of you to talk trash on korea's 3000 year history.

Actually, our history is over 4200 years old. The first Korean state, Go-JoSun, was found in 2333 BCE

KOREAownsGando...

psh... korean fobs with their thick EMO glasses, dyed hair, and makeup (i'm talking about fob guys here). We can't forget their arrogance and superficiality. They're an embarrassment to Koreans like myself (Suwon-born baby).

KOREAownsGando...

psh... korean fobs with their thick EMO glasses, dyed hair, and makeup (i'm talking about fob guys here). We can't forget their arrogance and superficiality. They're an embarrassment to Koreans like myself (Suwon-born baby).

Who says I wear make-up? :confused: I just want all of you korean bros to know that I am studying hard to become a doctor so that I can earn enough respect to help rebuild the 'lost kingdom' (of North Korea) in the future

Who says I wear make-ups? :confused: I am studying hard to become a doctor so that I can earn enough respect to help rebuild the 'lost kingdom' of North Korea in the future

omg... where's the barf icon?? :barf:

there, now i feel better. if you love the motherland so much, go back to korea and leave slots open here in the US for docs who'll make a difference here.

hey eternalrage, if you don't even know the story behind this, look up the news before you start talking.

"There is no Korea?" That second comment was immensely f-ed up of you to say. Just because Korea is a small country and on a peninsula doesn't mean it doesn't have its own culture and history. Both countries have long and rich history, but Korea does have distinct culture and history. It's ignorant and rude of you to talk trash on korea's 3000 year history. It's really disconcerting to know that there are racist, ignorant, and rude people like you will be doctors. You need to go back and learn how to respect.

Rofl. You need to develop a sense of humor. God I love playing with fobs. Looks liek I found a substitute for Genetics.

Rofl. You need to develop a sense of humor. God I love playing with fobs. Looks liek I found a substitute for Genetics.

Why are you hating on FOBs? You afraid we take your job (including your residency) ? Hahahah :laugh:

well known fact: Koreans want to move to the US.

Extrapolate anything you want from that info. Ever wonder why you're here? All that talk of Koreans hating Americans... you're so full of shlT

Members don't see this ad :)
KOREAownsGando...

Exactly. See I don't might fobs who just come over and be themselves. They're from a totally different society and it would be hard to conform to US or Western culture. It would be like us going to Korea and end up being treated like social *****s. It's when they come over here with this crazy nationalistic, in your face, absolutes flying everywhere, attitude that I have a problem with.

I'm just surprised byong soo went nuts on me. I figured he was chill...

I'm just surprised byong soo went nuts on me. I figured he was chill...

We KOREAN FOBs are chill. We just won't accept anybody trying to take away our territory, pride, or history. Just because white folks in Texas hate your guts for being asian eternal rage, doesn't mean you should reject your own culture

We FOBs are chill. We just won't accept anybody trying to take away our territory, pride, or history. Just because white folks in Texas hate your guts for being Asian doesn't mean you should reject your own culture

lol heritage my a$$. give your family 2 generations here in the US and all that heritage will go up in smoke. Your grandkids will probably not even be able to spell their names in Korean.

Just because Korea is a small country and on a peninsula doesn't mean it doesn't have its own culture and history. Both countries have long and rich history, but Korea does have distinct culture and history. It's ignorant and rude of you to talk trash on korea's 3000 year history. It's really disconcerting to know that there are racist, ignorant, and rude people like you will be doctors. You need to go back and learn how to respect.

I'm going to put on my serious hat for a second here. Korea had a distinct culture and history immediately post occupation. The government and the people decided to destroy it and other facets of rich culture derived from Japanese rule, in favor of some "new national identity". So please, if you're going to tell me to respect the culture, go preach to them first.

Secondly, accusing me of racism and ignorance? Taking a joke too far - perhaps. But if you want to talk about racism how about telling my friends to lay off the Japanese at my university? How about telling those punks over at UCLA (or whereever it was) to stop beating kids who don't know how to insah (or however you spell it)?

Serious point: Koreans had no respect for their culture, are incredibly racist against nearly every Asian country, and THEIR behavior when they enter a new society/culture implies a heftly load of ignorance.

Well, since I'm Korean I guess that makes sense how you would label me as such.

I'm going to put on my serious hat for a second here. Korea had a distinct culture and history immediately post occupation. The government and the people decided to destroy it and other facets of rich culture derived from Japanese rule, in favor of some "new national identity". So please, if you're going to tell me to respect the culture, go preach to them first.

Secondly, accusing me of racism and ignorance? Taking a joke too far - perhaps. But if you want to talk about racism how about telling my friends to lay off the Japanese at my university? How about telling those punks over at UCLA (or whereever it was) to stop beating kids who don't know how to insah (or however you spell it)?

Serious point: Koreans had no respect for their culture, are incredibly racist against nearly every Asian country, and THEIR behavior when they enter a new society/culture implies a heftly load of ignorance.

Well, since I'm Korean I guess that makes sense how you would label me as such.

SWEET! I'm done for the day. Let us end with this and stop fueling that nazi-Korean guy's pride.

SWEET! I'm done for the day. Let us end with this and stop fueling that nazi-Korean guy's pride.

Nazi? Okay? BTW, I don't hate you guys. You guys are my Korean brothers. Lets not fight; the fighting within is the reason that caused the destrcution of Goguryeo and split of the modern Korea

lol this can't be for real

Holy ****, these are some of the broadest generalizations passed off as "facts" I've ever seen. From both sides. What have we got so far?

Re: Korean Girls
Fact: Korean girls are hot.
Fact: Korean girls are not that hot compared to others.
Fact: Korean girls are fat, then skinny, then lots of plastic surgery, then fat again.

Re: Korean people
Fact: They all hate Americans.
Fact: They all want to move to the US.
Fact: They hate their culture.

Damn! That's some ignorance, and it makes less and less sense the further along it goes. I've got an idea. Let's all pretend for a minute that Koreans, like all other people on this earth, are a diverse group of people with differing opinions, differing styles, differing personality types, etc., that can't be summarized by taking a small sample and extrapolating from there.

We KOREAN FOBs are chill. We just won't accept anybody trying to take away our territory, pride, or history. Just because white folks in Texas hate your guts for being asian eternal rage, doesn't mean you should reject your own culture

You're close with that one. Actually it wasn't white folks in Texas. It was Korean FOBs who had an overzealous nationalistic pride that concluded that I was a traitor simply because I was raised American.

Well I'm proud to be raised American, let's hear it for the TRAITORS!!
John_Cho%20-%203%20-%20Harold_And_Kumar_Go_To_White_Castle.jpg

pic1.jpg

Holy ****, these are some of the broadest generalizations passed off as "facts" I've ever seen. From both sides. What have we got so far?

Re: Korean Girls
Fact: Korean girls are hot.
Fact: Korean girls are not that hot compared to others.
Fact: Korean girls are fat, then skinny, then lots of plastic surgery, then fat again.

Re: Korean people
Fact: They all hate Americans.
Fact: They all want to move to the US.
Fact: They hate their culture.

Damn! That's some ignorance, and it makes less and less sense the further along it goes. I've got an idea. Let's all pretend for a minute that Koreans, like all other people on this earth, are a diverse group of people with differing opinions, differing styles, differing personality types, etc., that can't be summarized by taking a small sample and extrapolating from there.
NO! They were broad generalizations that were passed off by me as JOKES!

I hope these guys never hear a Margaret Cho track. They will put on their armor and go all Taeguekki on Hollywood.

ok.. what was the point of this thread :sleep:

I am off this thread. I just mentioned that l liked Korean girls but I guess I have watched too many episodes of Lost. I really don't know anything about Korean girls other than I think that they are beautiful. I guess I am just a caucasion guy who likes Korean food and thinks Korean girls are pretty. If Korean girls are psycho as suggested by Eternalrage, then, well, I cannot comment. You guys work this out. And Cubbbie, beneath your hostility, I sense attraction.

ok so i guess i overreacted to one of the previous posts and i apologize. But i do get ticked off by those comments whether joke or not. it's probably because i AM a fob and i grew up in korea. those comments probably don't mean much to korean americans but mean a bit more personal to fobs like me- please understand. taiwanese can probably empathize with me when chinese and taiwanese debate regarding ownership of the island.
anyhow this thread needs to be moving to brighter topics. :D who hates rain (bi)?

ok so i guess i overreacted to one of the previous posts and i apologize. But i do get ticked off by those comments whether joke or not. it's probably because i AM a fob and i grew up in korea. those comments probably don't mean much to korean americans but mean a bit more personal to fobs like me- please understand. taiwanese can probably empathize with me when chinese and taiwanese debate regarding ownership of the island.
anyhow this thread needs to be moving to brighter topics. :D who hates rain (bi)?

F*CK Bi! :thumbup:

I am studying hard to become a doctor so that I can earn enough respect to help rebuild the 'lost kingdom' (of North Korea) in the future

I think that, when you interview for med school, and they ask you why you want to become a doctor, you should answer with that exact sentence. And then, start rhythmically pumping your fist in the air while singing the Korean national anthem at the top of your lungs. I mean, really belt it out, until the walls start shaking. I did this at my interview, and it helped me to get in. Really!

I think that, when you interview for med school, and they ask you why you want to become a doctor, you should answer with that exact sentence. And then, start rhythmically pumping your fist in the air while singing the Korean national anthem at the top of your lungs. I mean, really belt it out, until the walls start shaking. I did this at my interview, and it helped me to get in. Really!

Priceless.

If the OP didn't get accepted to any medical school, I can say it is not because he is Korean. I mean look at his comments. it's just not worth. Very ethnocentric and immature.

this is the weirdest thread ever! hilarious

I am no where close to being Korean (except when the Korean tennis league tries to pass me off as 1/8th so I can serve as a ringer in their tournament) but I have to say that I just love your food. :D Excellent work, folks. Keep it up. :thumbup: :thumbup:

This one's another favorite of mine, but you won't see her in any dramas...
2612SungHiLee1V.jpg

we can work this out. Forget the metrosexuals.

korean ms1 here...

strange how koreans can bring out the worse in fellow koreans...

This thread has suddenly become a must read. Way to turn this one around!