any news on vcom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngjock

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so has anyone got accpeted at vcom?

how many have already got interviewed by vcom?

i am interested. :)

Members don't see this ad.

youngjock
I got my letter of acceptance on 12-11. The next day I canceled my interviews with 3 other schools. Can't wait 'til Aug. '03. I hope you get an interview.

Yea I've gotten accepted. I think a few others on SDN have as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call today. I have been accepted.

I love that school.

:clap: Interviewed 12/27, got the call 12/30 early a.m.!!! Awesome school! Can't wait for 8/03! Anyone else from the 12/27 interview group ???

The faculty, at least those I met, were very nice. Dean Rawlins is a very nice person also. The school is still under construction but it looks very cool. They are planning to build another facility in the near future or acquire a nearby buliding in the CRC. The technology is going to be state of the art. Blacksburg is a very cool little college town. The campus is very nice. The town seems to have plenty of eateries, shops, a mall, etc. Christianburg/Blacksburg together make a very nice community. Best of all are the mountains. I love the Appalchians and at VCOM we will be completely immersed in them. I hope this helps someone. Happy New Year!

so i am just wondering how many have gone through the interview, how many have been accepted?

i haven't been there, but i thought that this could be a good start in a brand new school. :) 'cause i am living in virginia. :)

on 12/27 Dean Rawlins said that after the Admissions Committee met that afternoon, they would have about 1/2 of the class filled (class will be 150). She didn't say how many apps they have received...but I'd be interested to know, too!

Very nice faculty, enthusiastic, committed to the region and research. Building looks great...should be done in April. I agree with mison's impressions about the town/area.

they were nice with me but insisted I repeat half my courses if I were to reapply there. Im sorry but I find it impossible to repeat a degree in economics at a different school.

They require a 3.00 overall and in science. When I spoke with them after my rejection letter I was told they were worried about me being able to handle the science curriculum required for medical school. At the time of applying I had a 3.04 overall science gpa. 1.85 undergrad in which I took 2 lab courses and in my post bacc I took 52? hours worth of science classes and had a 3.15 science gpa (which is now at a 3.3).

Sorry if Im a little bitter, but Im annoyed that people are concentrating so much on a person that doesn't exsist anywhere but on paper from 96 to 00. Or base it on courses that were taken in that time period in subjects that were nonscience do not such the quality of work I have been doing since I left that school

Hey Sheiny!
I also interviewed on 12/27 and got the acceptance phone call on 12/30. I am so excited! I had so much fun during my visit and I had a great time meeting all of you guys. Congrats to you! :clap: :clap:

I interviewed the day before thanxgiving and was called 12/1. I am looking foward to august. Did she(dean rawlins) mention to anyone else that she was trying to get the laptops included in the tuition costs?

youngjock
I interviewed in late Nov. and they mentioned they had received 1900 apps as of my interview date.

sdeel
I did not hear anything about laptops but that would be very nice.